Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally! Time to sell my 650Ti and buy me some 7850 or 7870 ;)

7970 in EX58-UD5 relic

Hello Everyone!!
So I have my trusty EX58-UD5 with f13 bios. I updated to 10.8.3 and got everything working. I have two 7970's :twisted: which I was curious to test. I booted from MBR unibeast USB after switching my 260 with 7970 and booted with 'GraphicsEnabler=No' I reach at white screen but alas now sleep does not work. It is to be noted that sleep works OK in OS but not on the white screen :banghead: I tires numerous times but in vein. I have deleted NullCpu.... kext and sleep functionality was achieved by using SleepEnabler.kext

Any help will be appreciated. I look forward to test my crossfire in the mac if possible.

Thanx

Hi,

after many hour testing HD 7970 i have new info.

Testing software (All SW was updated on last versions)

////////////////////////////////////////Master Collection CS6 ////////////////////////////////////////
Photoshop - Some problems in OpenGl :( in verison 13.0.4 in 13.0.3 no problems. I downgraded on 13.0.3
AfterEffects - No problems, faster than 660Ti
Dreamweaver - No problem
Indesign - No problem
Flash - No problem

//////////////////Final Cut Pro X, Motion, Compressor and Aperture.//////////////////
FCPX - Faaaaaaster :) but still OpenGL error in console, OpenCl no problem! But no freezes or app crash if rendering.
Motion - Same as fcpx
Compressor and Aperture - No problems. All Ok.

//////////////////Mac OS 10.8.3//////////////////
Random Freezes Spinning Beach ball or complete Freeze! But no Kernel Panics! I delete kext from System/Library/Extensions/ AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
And now is all ok. I don't know what is the problem in the kext. Same problem was with GTX 260, GTX660Ti and now with HD 7970.

Snow leopard and Lion 10.7.5 has not problem with this kext! But ML is very problematic. Update 10.8.3 still no changes in OpenGL framebuffer errors. Many users have same problem with FCPX on mac (not hackintosh) but Apple is BLIND????

Sorry for my English grammar is not the best. But perhaps you will understand. :)

Hey guys, I'm new to this hackintosh thing, I tried to do it back when 10.8.2 was out, it didn't work because I have a sapphire HD 7750 GPU and I'm wondering before I spend $20 on this if it's going to work or not, made that mistake last time just trying to prevent it this time, also my computer is just a stock inspiron 620S (S is for slim obviously) here is a link to all of the specs:http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/dell-inspiron-620-core/4507-3118_7-35002503.html
everything is there besides the GPU which was a HD 6450 but I replaced with my current 7750. Hope one of you guys can help me out with this!

Hello Everyone!!
So I have my trusty EX58-UD5 with f13 bios. I updated to 10.8.3 and got everything working. I have two 7970's :twisted: which I was curious to test. I booted from MBR unibeast USB after switching my 260 with 7970 and booted with 'GraphicsEnabler=No' I reach at white screen but alas now sleep does not work. It is to be noted that sleep works OK in OS but not on the white screen :banghead: I tires numerous times but in vein. I have deleted NullCpu.... kext and sleep functionality was achieved by using SleepEnabler.kext

Any help will be appreciated. I look forward to test my crossfire in the mac if possible.

Thanx
as far as I know, crossfire is not supported by mac.
for the sleep thing:
delete NullCPUPower.kext and SleepEnabler.kext.
just install the Patched IntelCPUPower.kext provided in Multibeast.
If you use the dsdt.aml file for your bios version everything should work.

Hi, I have a problem. I currently have a 560ti and as you may know it doesnt work well with mountain lion.
I'm a gamer aswell so therefore im really interested in the 7970 vapor-x ghz edition it's cheaper than the 680s and a lot faster aswell, i fear however that Ill experience the same annoying problems with osx that i've already had with my 560.

I want it to work 100% as a real mac would, so therefore im sceptical about the 7970.

Can anyone with this card confirm that it works or not?

Hi, I have a problem. I currently have a 560ti and as you may know it doesnt work well with mountain lion.
I'm a gamer aswell so therefore im really interested in the 7970 vapor-x ghz edition it's cheaper than the 680s and a lot faster aswell, i fear however that Ill experience the same annoying problems with osx that i've already had with my 560.

I want it to work 100% as a real mac would, so therefore im sceptical about the 7970.

Can anyone with this card confirm that it works or not?

don´t know what your "problems" are with the 560ti ?
It works great so far besides that mbr boot and sleep trick, I can´t use antialiasing in benchmarks ( games not tested yet), on windows 8 it´s awesome crysis 3 on 2560x1440 with medium settings an 4x MSAA got 60-80 fps average, lot´s of benchmarks out there...if it beats the gtx 680, don´t know, did some benchmarking vs 670 ti with a friend on windows 8 with diff. oc options, but the 7970 vapor x 3gb beats the 670 ( guess on more than full hd the diff. is bigger cause of the 3gb and the bandwidth)! You don´t have the crossfire option or the amd vision center for oc, don´t know if the new gforce driver have oc support on mac ?

100percent like a real mac ? :) I would say 200 % "like" a mac, BUT with those known issues.....

be aware that this card is huge--) attachment vs saph. 6850

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2013-03-19 um 15.18.53.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-03-19 um 15.18.53.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    771.9 KB · Views: 268
To: kevin_1351

I use Mac / Hack everyday for full professional Work (Design, Video, Rendering) not for games!!!! I switch from Nvidia (GTX 260, GTX 660Ti) on ATI HD 7970 and i dont have any problem with this card. Only problems are OpenGl framebuffer error with Nvidia and Ati. (On my previous post) and Sleep-trick. But Sleeptrick maybe resolve future chimera :)

Hi ,
i've the same problem of boot than "delirio" boot = strange symbols .
If anybody can help me , i'll be happy .

My card is a Sapphire HD7850 2Go and my "mobo" a Z68-D2H-B3 uefi

Thanks,Steph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back