Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
do i have to use crossfire cable ?
Nope, just have both of them in there and set the 5770 as primary.

Edit: Having read tonymacx86's post just now, you might need to do some further editing in the kext. You can still try this (please do!), but now that it looks like we need to add your device ID into the kext, I don't know exactly how to do that.

It should work generically with the HD 7700 Device IDs, though, shouldn't it?

Does anybody know how to insert the device ID into the kext?

Ok problem solved, going to put my hd 7770 on ebay and just give up

I may need to join you on that. Ive been working on this for 2 days. No luck.

Still no luck with my sapphire vapor x 7970 3gb.......
Hd 4000 works fine and also my previous sapphire 6850, except 7970 installed. ( 10.8.3)
i7 3770k/Ga Z77 ds3h/samsung ssd/16gb ram on Win8 everything fine with the GPU ( in AMD Visioncenter it shows the norm. 7970 id# eg.)
Tried to boot with MBR formated unibeast stick ( latest version, where can I double check if its MBR ?), GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes, the Pcieroot thing and IGPU 1. in EFI e.g.
I ll always hang onto the grey apple logo spinning the wheel, -x works with 3mb gpu status, -v I get this:

Even if this doesn´t work right now, TONYMAC TEAM you are awesome, thx a lot !!!!! :)

Attachments

• IMG_2466.jpg
    IMG_2466.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 417
Should I try getting clover and injecting my GPU ID through the startup options? I think I saw an option there for something like that.

UPDATE 1: Integrated Graphics Primary / 7xxx card Secondary
When using a board with integrated graphics, set that to Primary display with the card in. It should work in tandem with the IGPU to boot successfully. On Gigabyte boards, set these 2 settings for dual graphics.

Init Display First: IGFX
Internal Graphics: Disabled (OS X will recognize fully)

View attachment 49748

Just added this to the Original Post- turns out Gigabyte UEFI needs Integrated graphics set to Disabled in order for dual graphics to work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back