Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems only the fb- rotate script some people have working, havent myself. its just a script the runs and rotates your screen 90degs and back 90degs has the same effect as the sleep trick. im sure people on here are working on a better solution, just have to be patient

i wish mine would sleep and wake again!!!LOL

Ahh, alright. Sorry to hear you cant get it working! :( Do you think it's worth trying the script or should I Just be patient and wait for a more "official" fix?

Ahh, alright. Sorry to hear you cant get it working! :( Do you think it's worth trying the script or should I Just be patient and wait for a more "official" fix?

literally just got it working!:) just used the boot flag "npci=0x300" instead of "npci=0x200" and sleep worked and woke when clicked on the mouse. might be worth a try, depends how much time your willing to spend on it. you never know....dont know how long its gonna be till there is a better fix.

thanks for all the help guys btw!!

I know many people have got dual monitors (even more than 2) working and curious as to what your setup is. For some reason either 1 HDMI or 1 DVI works with me but cannot connect them both.

Please let me know if you have dual monitors working with a 7xxx card and what setup you have i.e. Int. GFX=Off, GE=No 2 x DVI etc. Also if you edited your boot plist, list those settings as well.

Thanks.

Radeon HD 7750

hello.
Im trying to get a Sapphire Low Profile 11202-10-20G card to work.
ive got a z77n-wifi with i5 3570k.
1. fresh instal of 10.8.3.
2. set Init Display First: IGFX
Internal Graphics: Disabled
i was getting the boot0 error. i used the chamele wizard and the fat partition.
now im just getting the black screen on boot. using the hd 7750 i can see the bios screen and see the boot loader screen.
after that it goes blank. almost like i need to use the sleep trick. which my rig doesnt seem to sleep with the power button.
but i thought i didnt have to if i had hd4000 on the boot.
any help would be great.

I know many people have got dual monitors (even more than 2) working and curious as to what your setup is. For some reason either 1 HDMI or 1 DVI works with me but cannot connect them both.

Please let me know if you have dual monitors working with a 7xxx card and what setup you have i.e. Int. GFX=Off, GE=No 2 x DVI etc. Also if you edited your boot plist, list those settings as well.

Thanks.

I only have the single display card (no internal display on motherboard as I have X79 with 3930k; click links in sig for more info).

4 displays here on my Gigabyte 7970 Ghz edition 3GB:

Ports (Top to Bottom)
--------------------------------------
DVI -> Dell 2001FP 1600x1200
HDMI -> HDMI Adapter -> Dell 2405FPW 1920x1200
MiniDP -> DVI Active Adapter -> HDMI Adapter -> Sony Playstation 3D Display 1920x1080
MiniDP -> DVI Active Adapter -> HDMI Adapter -> MotoAttach portable display 1366x768

I can easily unplug any of the displays and it automatically adjusts.

org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

smbios.plist (serial number edited)
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
	<string>Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
	<key>SMboardproduct</key>
	<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>Mac Pro</string>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>MacPro3,1</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>XXXXXXXXXXX</string>
</dict>
</plist>

hello.
Im trying to get a Sapphire Low Profile 11202-10-20G card to work.
ive got a z77n-wifi with i5 3570k.
1. fresh instal of 10.8.3.
2. set Init Display First: IGFX
Internal Graphics: Disabled
i was getting the boot0 error. i used the chamele wizard and the fat partition.
now im just getting the black screen on boot. using the hd 7750 i can see the bios screen and see the boot loader screen.
after that it goes blank. almost like i need to use the sleep trick. which my rig doesnt seem to sleep with the power button.
but i thought i didnt have to if i had hd4000 on the boot.
any help would be great.

setting Internal Graphics: Enabled fixed it for me.

Does anyone know how to read the temperature of the GPU?

I want to do some testing, but I think it's safer if i can read the gpu temp.

Does anyone know how to read the temperature of the GPU?

I want to do some testing, but I think it's safer if i can read the gpu temp.

I'd love to know how as well. Every time I try to do anything with the FakeSMC monitoring plugins I get kernel panics galore. I haven't figured out how to monitor my 7970 at all yet. It's very stable until I try any monitoring.

Thanks.

Hey there,

I am running triple monitors (3x exact same model Dell, 21 inch 1080p). I am using an XFX 7950 Black Edition, on a Gigabyte UP5-TH / 3770k.

I'm using a DVI-to-Mini Displayport adapter for one monitor, HDMI for the second, and regular DVI for the third. I am also using Int GFX = 0ff and gpuenabled. hope it helps.

Hey guys,

Any status on the white screen sleep fix? Sorry to keep coming in here asking about it, just not really sure what site/page I should be monitoring for its release (other than this one :) ). Thanks for any input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back