Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

Is there anyway to boot without using the UB??

How can I fix the white screen without use the sleep trick? I read something about rotation, but I do not know anything about it...

Thank u!

I would stick with the sleep trick for now. The rotation trick is still under development; so I would only recommend for advanced users who are assisting with development testing.

Eventually there will likely be a bootloader fix that resolves the problem completely. I'd recommend sticking with the sleep trick until this is released.

I would stick with the sleep trick for now. The rotation trick is still under development; so I would only recommend for advanced users who are assisting with development testing.

Eventually there will likely be a bootloader fix that resolves the problem completely. I'd recommend sticking with the sleep trick until this is released.

Sounds great.

What about to boot without the unibeast? Because if i try to boot with no unibeast, i have a black screen with the boot error, and i do not know if it is possible to boot anyway without the unibeast.

I think you can boot without unibeast because of you made one small FAT partition, and your chameleon wizard is working with that. Is it possible?

Alright, I can not do that partition, so... what should i do to boot with no unibeast?

hrmm can't seem to get my visontek 7970 to work w/ 10.8.3 using a GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard.

I set the Init Display first to IGPX, and disabled internal graphics, but when i restart i get a screen that has like gtp and list 3 other things and then a bunch of garbaled text.

When i reboot and look at the bios it looks like its changed the Int display first from IGPX to auto.

help someone plz

hrmm can't seem to get my visontek 7970 to work w/ 10.8.3 using a GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard.

I set the Init Display first to IGPX, and disabled internal graphics, but when i restart i get a screen that has like gtp and list 3 other things and then a bunch of garbaled text.

When i reboot and look at the bios it looks like its changed the Int display first from IGPX to auto.

help someone plz

The reason your bios is getting set back to Auto is because when you 'disable' the Internal graphics you cannot put it as primary because it no longer functions anymore. You need to have it 'enabled' and set to primary when booting. The mac will still pick up your 7970 card when it loads into the desktop.

The garbled text problems has to do with your bootloader. Download Chameleon boot loader, open the program from your mac (you will probably have to boot from your USB to get to desktop) and update the bootloader.

THANKS!

i think it actually might be my 10.8.3 update, as this is not a fresh install i was just removing my 6770 and hoping it would be a nice easy install to a 7970 and 10.8.3 (from 10.8.2)

but it wasnt
so i'm just going to return the 7970 really dont think i need it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back