Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

first of all thank you very much for your reactivity as well as the time you devote to me... I put the EFI file that you sent me in the root of the USB key. after booting on the USB key I access this screen. can you tell me what i should do? Again, thank you very much.

first of all thank you very much for your reactivity as well as the time you devote to me... I put the EFI file that you sent me in the root of the USB key. after booting on the USB key I access this screen. can you tell me what i should do? Again, thank you very much.
PXL_20220423_013421693.jpg

I see you're using a EFI derived from my Asus Prime P D4 build. :)

Okay, you don't just need XHCIPortLimit enabled. You'll need these as well:

SSDT-AWAC.aml
SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
SSDT-HPET.aml
SSDT-PLUG.aml
SSDT-UIAC.aml

along with the magic sauce - USBMapLegacy.kext which is designed for pre-Catalina OS USB maps. I built that at the same time as USBMap.kext and included it just in case. To use you must disable USBInjectAll.kext.

SSDT-DTPG and SSDT-TB3 or SSDT-TB3HP needs to be enabled for Thunderbolt functionality. HP stands for Hot Plug version.

I see you forgot to install IntelBluetoothInjector.kext and IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext for Bluetooth (which I have done). Enable these two for anything like from Mojave to Big Sur. Disable IntelBluetoothInjector and enable both IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and Bluetoolfixup.kext if using Monterey (using an Intel BT card that is). If you are using a Broadcom card this fix will be somewhat different.

I've also added some values in the Device Properties section. Seeing that you are spoofing Coffee Lake in the CPUID section, ideally you should add the correct Coffee Lake IGPU values also. I use 00001259 and 12590000 which worked for me on a Comet Lake setup (booting from the Intel IGPU). If using an AMD card to boot it may be best to change the connector from 00 to 03 ie. 03590000. Device-id should stay the same ie. 12590000. I understand with the above details given it is a Z690/Alder Lake we are working with (the IGPU technically is unsupported) but give it a try nonetheless.

I also removed some of the SMBIOS details under your PlatformInfo section which didn't need to be there under Opencore, but the EFI should work for you as is. Give it a try.

Thanks a lot for the help

I have been doing hackintosh for nearly 5 years, but this new Alder Lake thing really exposes the need for deeper understanding whenever you go to uncharted territory.

I am not sure where my mix and match comes from. I know the USB map works perfectly under Monterey.

Thunderbolt issue is coming next, after I get USB to work.

I am using Broadcom (in fact, original bcm94360cs2 with adapter) for WiFi. The board comes with Realtek WiFi card originally installed. On a side note, it has an awesome PS5 style antenna :)

There is no iGPU on the system as I am running a 12400F; sure it would not be as easy as spoofing UHD 630 to make it work :D
I always wonder if there is any way to attach it to 11th gen mobile drivers as the 2020 MacBook Air and 13" Pros have 11th gen mobile iGPUs...

I have been doing hackintosh for nearly 5 years, but this new alder lake thing really exposes the need for deeper understanding whenever you go to uncharted territory.

I am not sure where my mix and match comes from. I know the usb map works perfectly under Monterey.

Thunderbolt issue is coming next, after i get USB to work.

I am using broadcom (in fact, original bcm94360cs2 with adapter) for wifi. The board comes with realtek wifi card originally installed. On a side note, it has an awesome PS5 style antenna :)

There is no igpu on the system as i am running 12400f, sure it would not be as easy as spoofing uhd630 to make it work :D
I always wonder if there is any way to attach it to 11th gen mobile drivers as the 2020 macbook air and 13" pros have 11th gen mobile igpus...
Make sure you're using SSDT-PLUG-ALT in Alder Lake. Also a note about XHCIPortLimit--it can cause problems on this platform. I suggest using USBInjectall.kext (updated version in CaseySJ's GitHub) until you're booted. Leave all other USB kext/ssdt's alone until then.

I have been doing hackintosh for nearly 5 years, but this new alder lake thing really exposes the need for deeper understanding whenever you go to uncharted territory.

I am not sure where my mix and match comes from. I know the usb map works perfectly under Monterey.

Thunderbolt issue is coming next, after i get USB to work.

I am using broadcom (in fact, original bcm94360cs2 with adapter) for wifi. The board comes with realtek wifi card originally installed. On a side note, it has an awesome PS5 style antenna :)

There is no igpu on the system as i am running 12400f, sure it would not be as easy as spoofing uhd630 to make it work :D
I always wonder if there is any way to attach it to 11th gen mobile drivers as the 2020 macbook air and 13" pros have 11th gen mobile igpus...
I see. Well I've been doing it for 14 years, and it never gets any easier. :lol:

As for the Alder Lake, it uses a special SSDT-PLUG-ALT which I've included. For Alder Lake under the DSDT, the processors are now defined as devices by the system (not as CPUs) which is why this new SSDT is required. Without it the system will not boot.

As for the Thunderbolt that has been enabled in the ACPI in the EFI provided, but it may require some tweaking.
Alder Lake should be using TB4 Maple Ridge, but as it is still very new this is not easy to set up. You'll have to check the other Z690 threads here to see if anyone has managed to unlock the TB firmware for Maple Ridge.
For the WiFi - yes sure. If you're using Broadcom just remember to enable the Broadcom only WiFi kexts like Airportitlwmbrcm and the ones from the BRCMPatchRAM release.

Oh yes I forgot about the 12400F. Well even if you don't need the device-id, you do still need the aapl,ig-platform-id because that helps define the system (for macOS), on top of the CPUID settings.

You're welcome!

Right. It looks like you're not seeing the drives or installer. Have you formatted the USB key correctly? What system are you using to build the EFI - macOS or Windows? The EFI partition of the USB stick has to be in GUID partition format, ideally using macOS HFS format.

Well yes it does predate it - but ...
I'm guessing there is still some finer areas about the USB map that need to be resolved.
The reason I ask is because the approach I read for SSDT-UAIC seems to be the foundation of all approaches, in the sense of creating a max/all injector (e.g. USBmap dummy or USBInjectAll or a maximal SSDT-UAIC) then reviewing active ports and editing the injector down to fit needed ports within macOS limits. If I'm on right track, then SSDT-UAIC is not just one general use piece of config, as you have shared, except in the sense of a maximal injector. And if users try to copy others SSDT-UAIC.aml not realizing it's tailored to a specific build, they are adding grief into their config. I will leave it at that for now because this is not appropriate thread, and I'm just interested in collecting notes. Thx for your reply.

Anyone replaced their Alder Lake MB built in M.2 WiFi with a bcm94360ng? I have tried this on both Alder Lake systems Gigabyte z690i and Asus Z690 DDR5 Strix e. It works just fine but on occasional wake from sleep Bluetooth will go up to 100% CPU usage. When this happens my Bluetooth function (continuity, etc.) stops working. I just have to do kill Bluetooth then it will work again.
For now I am just using sleep watcher app to just kill Bluetooth on wake and it seems to work well enough but would be nice to know what the root cause is.

The reason I ask is because the approach I read for SSDT-UAIC seems to be the foundation of all approaches, in the sense of creating a max/all injector (e.g. USBmap dummy or USBInjectAll or a maximal SSDT-UAIC) then reviewing active ports and editing the injector down to fit needed ports within macOS limits. If I'm on right track, then SSDT-UAIC is not just one general use piece of config, as you have shared, except in the sense of a maximal injector. And if users try to copy others SSDT-UAIC.aml not realizing it's tailored to a specific build, they are adding grief into their config. I will leave it at that for now because this is not appropriate thread, and I'm just interested in collecting notes. Thx for your reply.

I'm happy to help on one of the USB support threads in Post Installation / General Help threads with more info if needed.

Basically SSDT-UIAC.aml stands for USBInjectAll Configuration and was designed soley for that purpose. If it works for USBMap then purhaps they used some of the code when creating it? o_O

I'm happy to help on one of the USB support threads in Post Installation / General Help threads with more info if needed.

Basically SSDT-UIAC.aml stands for USBInjectAll Configuration and was designed soley for that purpose. If it works for USBMap then purhaps they used some of the code when creating it? o_O
You are correct in what UIAC is.

As for USBMap it is simply an alternative method to identifying those ports. You only need one method as SSDT-UIAC without USBInjectAll.kext would do nothing.

Something noteworthy about USBMap.kext (sometimes named USBPorts.kext): It uses your SMBIOS inside the info.plist along with the controller name (ie XHCI, XHC, XHC1, etc..). So if you're changing SMBIOS you'll need to adapt the kext's info.plist.

Last edited:
Back