Contribute
Register

X58 can't shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
fehlersuche = research i guess :p
that is weird, i've installed w10 long ago. but when i upgraded to clover/yosemite/el capitan a week ago, i disconnected my w10 and my other ntfs drive, i tested w10 today from clover, and it booted right away, just like in chameleon.. that is probably because i have everything in the ich10 ports.. you can probably try to put this ahci 3rd party kext from multibeast in clover kext directory presumably in the "other" directory. and the 10.10 10.11 ones if you want to browse them within os x

A kext for windows? Doesn't Clover just provide those files to the system?

There's one setting that influences Windows legacy (non UEFI) boot, it's LegacyBiosDefault in CloverConfig/ under Boot.

Switching from PBR to
LegacyBiosDefault should work, but with LegacyBiosDefault i can't even see the Windows logo. Also a LegacyBiosDefaultEntry field below it pops up, i tried 1 and 2, but nothing works so far.

A kext for windows? Doesn't Clover just provide those files to the system?

There's one setting that influences Windows legacy (non UEFI) boot, it's LegacyBiosDefault in CloverConfig/ under Boot.

Switching from PBR to
LegacyBiosDefault should work, but with LegacyBiosDefault i can't even see the Windows logo. Also a LegacyBiosDefaultEntry field below it pops up, i tried 1 and 2, but nothing works so far.

i didnt changed my config.plist to boot into windows.. clover will load the 3rd party kext at boot and scan for 3rd party ahci ports ( windows if its connected there ) then boot into windows (if i understand it that way). but then again my windows drives are in ich10 ports. i dont trust any other ports but i guess they will just work fine if i have the 3rd party kext in my clover folder

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 21.02.21.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 21.02.21.png
    82 KB · Views: 108
or probably the most logic solution is to edit the dsdt to enable the 3rd party ports, i dont think clover is loading any kext at boot up. i might be wrong. i never tested the 3rd party ports in my board.

or probably the most logic solution is to edit the dsdt to enable the 3rd party ports, i dont think clover is loading any kext at boot up. i might be wrong. i never tested the 3rd party ports in my board.

doesn't matter, Windows 10 still won't boot, even on the ICH10 ports.

Just found this:
http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/configuration/boot#Legacy

PBR would be for BIOS systems, that go through the EFI Clover trying to load a BIOS Windows.
LegacyBiosDefault would be for UEFI systems going through EFI Clover loading a BIOS Windows.

Sadly PBR, PBRtest (and LegacyBiosDefault) does not work. sigh.

Oh well, a problem for another time.

Just found this:

PBR would be for BIOS systems, that go through the EFI Clover trying to load a BIOS Windows.
LegacyBiosDefault would be for UEFI systems going through EFI Clover loading a BIOS Windows.

your windows boot mgr is probably broken, did you tried booting into windows without the clover/os x drives connected? as i remember it tried to repair itself.

your windows boot mgr is probably broken, did you tried booting into windows without the clover/os x drives connected? as i remember it tried to repair itself.

Yes, as explained earlier, booting without osx/clover windows comes up with an rror dialogue that it didn't shut down correctly and attempts to repair itself. After one more restart, windows works.

Booting with clover again the same thing happens, the Windows boot mgr gets 'broken' again.
Repeat as above.

Nothing of the sort happens when booted through chameleon.

That's probably why RazerX uses EasyBCD for booting windows

Yes, as explained earlier, booting without osx/clover windows comes up with an rror dialogue that it didn't shut down correctly and attempts to repair itself. After one more restart, windows works.

Booting with clover again the same thing happens, the Windows boot mgr gets 'broken' again.
Repeat as above.

i have 0 issues whatsoever :D, the only thing i need to fix is the shutdown after a long period of sleep, but i think that is something to do with hibernation which rarely occurs anyway.

@ RazerX, is the BCD method easier to set up?

Literally 30 secs, just install Easybcd and add the Mac option selecting MBR boot.

Repeat as above.

I used to spend a lot of time trying to add the correct Windows partition UUID.

That's the only way i've found so far, worked on Mavericks and Yosemite.

in my case, both chameleon and clover has 0 issues booting in windows in a separate HD, i dont understand how you guys gets into problems

Just found this:

I don't understand why you are having this problem. My X58A dual boots just fine - boot Clover to OS X and reboot from OS X to Windows and boot Clover to Windows and reboot to OS X works. OS X sleeps/wakes with no problems - same for Windows. So far longest OS X sleep has been 12 hours and it woke up with a roll of the track ball. No problems with USB ports or audio on wakeup either. Shut down is no problem either - after the screen output that it is shuttin down CPU, display goes black and a few seconds later the power lights turn off and the fans stop. Suspect you have a DSDT problem. Can you boot with NullCPU and extract a DSDT with DPCI Manager, zip it and post it? I will take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back