Contribute
Register

X58 can't shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
here you go. notice that the config is the one i used first before i finalised mine, which should work. my edited dsdt and ssdt are also there you can try those

Attachments

• clover.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 163
Alright, so i got good news and bad news.

Good news for everyone else, and bad news for me mostly...

The good news is that the Chameleon Enoch Installer by our French friend works. much better than Chimera ever did, in my humble opinion. Easy to set up, not much to do, and you'll have a fully functional El Capitan installation at the end. Fully functional with your kext files in S/L/E that is.
Y
Just about everything works, Chipset/Sound/Graphics/USB at the bootloader/Windows drive detection (USB3 will obviously not bc of ElCap)... everything works except shutdown!

That's the bad news, EvOreboot.kext will cause a Kernel Panic at boot.

As i figured.

So you can have a ElCap installation with Chameleon, in case Clover will throw you a unresolvable Problem.

Because of my old X58 Chipset with it's funky shutdown problem i'll try Clover again, it's a bit more elegant solution, and most likely i'll have to shut down the PC via a AC switch if nothing works.

Or somebody will come up with a EvOreboot.kext that El Capitain likes, then it's Chameleon Enoch.

I'll make a separate post about this.

The good news is that the Chameleon Enoch Installer by our French friend works. much better than Chimera ever did, in my humble opinion. Easy to set up, not much to do, and you'll have a fully functional El Capitan installation at the end. Fully functional with your kext files in S/L/E that is.
Y
Just about everything works, Chipset/Sound/Graphics/USB at the bootloader/Windows drive detection (USB3 will obviously not bc of ElCap)... everything works except shutdown!

As i figured.

So you can have a ElCap installation with Chameleon, in case Clover will throw you a unresolvable Problem.

Because of my old X58 Chipset with it's funky shutdown problem i'll try Clover again, it's a bit more elegant solution, and most likely i'll have to shut down the PC via a AC switch if nothing works.

Or somebody will come up with a EvOreboot.kext that El Capitain likes, then it's Chameleon Enoch.

i used the same methode as x58 users and up and running but no shutdown and no sound
inject DSDT will resolve in no usb

will try this now on p55a report back

Y

As i figured.

i don't know what could be the problem, mine works great! did you installed the rc scripts from clover installation?

Very sad to see Chameleon has the same issues.

We're running out of ideas :/

i don't know what could be the problem, mine works great! did you installed the rc scripts from clover installation?

for Chameleon, no. Chameleon can't shut down without a correct DSDT or EvOreboot

anyway, i installed a fresh 10.11 again, and tried the last two config files that you posted, and nothing. Nothing besides EvOreboot worked so far, which does not work anymore either.

I will be using a AC switch to shut down the computer after selection shutdown, hopefully the drives will shut off as well before the ac goes away.

I'll keep watch on the x58 topics, perhaps something will turn up.

Also how does clover detect windows? i see only two unbootable 'legacy 1' 'legacy 2' partitions where the Windows drive should be.

Also how does clover detect windows? i see only two unbootable 'legacy 1' 'legacy 2' partitions where the Windows drive should be.

You need to tell Clover which is the partition UUID to boot Windows

I've found this one of the hardest things to do via Clover

In the meantime i'm using EasyBCD, i'll fix Clover once the boot issue is gone

@ fragment & RazerX
Ah, i forgot, thanks for all the help so far :)

at least we learned something about a few things about Clover, and i could get the P/C-states working and audio in Clover. Wouldn't have been possible without the patched dsdt

so, thanks!

would have sent a PM, but didn't have the post count.

@ fragment & RazerX
Ah, i forgot, thanks for all the help so far :)

at least we learned something about a few things about Clover, and i could get the P/C-states working and audio in Clover. Wouldn't have been possible without the patched dsdt

so, thanks!

would have sent a PM, but didn't have the post count.

Glad you're happy, but i'm not.

If we're not going to be able to fix that shutdown issue i'll have to go back to Yosemite

Moderated posts caught by the Filter. His last post was ok.

Glad you're happy, but i'm not.

If we're not going to be able to fix that shutdown issue i'll have to go back to Yosemite

heh, far from happy, my speedy USB3 is gone, all my Wineskin Ports aren't working anymore, don't know how to boot my Windows gaming partition, and dat shutdown issue...

but!

I'm not staying longer with yosemite, it so slow. What in the devils name did they think when they switched from GPU to CPU rendering of the graphics? that's the reason why yosemite is a slug.

anyway, i'm going to search through dood's big gigabyte mobo topic, and there are quite some interesting things in there. try this, get your dsdt and maciasl and try the shutdown fix (search for 20091223) here
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...a-dsdt-native-power-management-modifications/

Also i noticed a better success rate with the random shutdowns when a USB stick is connected.
Without USB in a port: 1 out of 10 are successful shutdowns
With USB in a port: 4 or 5 out of 10 are successful shutdowns

what's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back