Contribute
Register

X58 can't shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
i also have the same problem but differently, my system works fine it shutdowns fine if it didn't slept for a long time, do you have native power management working? i think i read it somewhere that clover has a shutdown bug in some motherboards.

do you have native power management working?.

i could never get it to work on this board, and up until now, i had to never bother with clover or a dsdt either.

speedstep always ran at max and consumed a bit more power, but everything worked in chameleon/chimera

I am starting to think that the only way to fix this is through a Clover update :banghead:

shutdown works if i boot from the install USB drive and select the ElCap partition to boot up.

But not if it's installed to the hard drive, what gives?

Copying over the files from the USB stick to the EFI partition on the hard drives, same files, same clover, no shutdown when booted from the hard disk only.

you need to have a DSDT, its pretty simple make one you can generate from the clover menu at the startup, can you guys post your config.plist?

I am starting to think that the only way to fix this is through a Clover update :banghead:

i doubt that will happen. upon searching on insanelymac, this bug is OLD. so i doubt it will be fixed for an old chipset.

sigh, do i really need to pluck down 800$ for a new mobo+cpu+ram combo?

The EX58 is really getting on my nerves with it's 1-minute POST and "once a month loose all bios settings" problem, but this... Just wanted for wait for skyline/cannonlake until i fetch the hammer, but now i'm stuck with yosemite.

you need to have a DSDT, its pretty simple make one you can generate from the clover menu at the startup, can you guys post your config.plist?

I made one from the F4 keypress at startup, sadly i have no idea on what to do with it. it's already in a aml state, not a a sdl as most tutorials claim to be converted, and i've put it in Clover/Acpi/patched

I notice no changes than without the dsdt, everything (except USB3 via the add-on card) works, except shutdown.

also used dood's EX58 dsdts, and the one from tonys database.

my bare config for boot up ishere:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-os-x-el-capitan-x58a-ud3r-2.html#post1111697

everything else gets resolved with the old kext method, except the shutdown, which EvOreboot did until now.

the x58 is fine, my board shutdowns fine if i don't let it sleep for long but i guess that's another problem to solve, a DSDT helps a lot, i wasn't using a dsdt until i upgraded to mavericks in chameleon and that even solved my shutdown issue back then, recently i upgraded to yosemite with clover and my system almost run natively, upgraded to el capitan without doing any kext patching, except the sound.

can you post your config.plist and dsdt so i can see what could be your issue

dsl and aml are the same, it was the old method to edit aml

the x58 is fine, my board shutdowns fine if i don't let it sleep for long but i guess that's another problem to solve, a DSDT helps a lot, i wasn't using a dsdt until i upgraded to mavericks in chameleon and that even solved my shutdown issue back then, recently i upgraded to yosemite with clover and my system almost run natively, upgraded to el capitan without doing any kext patching, except the sound.

can you post your config.plist and dsdt so i can see what could be your issue

dsl and aml are the same, it was the old method to edit aml

here ya go:

View attachment config.plist.zipView attachment DSDT.aml.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back