Contribute
Register

X58 can't shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah, since the CMOS problem with the failed sleep image, i can't shut down again.
Were the ones before that a fluke or...? Anyway, i'll try again tomorrow, can't think straight if it's this late.

Tried your settings too, first time it shut down, second time it didn't.

I just hope we'll find a way, i don't want to install Yosemite again

Gah, since the CMOS problem with the failed sleep image, i can't shut down again.
Were the ones before that a fluke or...? Anyway, i'll try again tomorrow, can't think straight if it's this late.

go to your bios settings and try to change the acpi state to S3, that's the only thing i changed in my bios, everything else are by default. the system just needs to adjust itself so give it time to power on a few times ( even if you have to force shutdown with the button )

the problem lies probably with having the nullcpupowermanagement in the kext directory. if your machine restarts after it booted up into the os, then you must put it back before it restarts again. also do you have audio working?

Could you check my files too?

I do have audio working via Clover patch

This is a Yosemite DSDT + latest config

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    10 KB · Views: 113
Could you check my files too?

I do have audio working via Clover patch

This is a Yosemite DSDT + latest config

give these a go

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 99
give these a go

Worked the fist two times, then got stuck again :(

Maybe we should try Chameleon as suggested in the other thread

Worked the fist two times, then got stuck again :(

yeah, same. It works a couple of tries, then it hangs again. without changing anything to the clover files. same as without a DSDT.

Apart from USB3 just about everything works, but no shutdown (or sleep, but that never worked)

What are the alternatives? Hardware AC killswitch for the PC?

I thought about a master/slave solution to kill the PC when the monitor goes off, but i use the bottom right screen corner daily for the monitor off function, so that goes out the window.

Also the various DSDTs floating around the net and here in this database for the X58 board are all very different, sound worked with one, others did not have sound. like my own dsdt export, i had AZAL instead of HDEF. Switching off azalia codec in the bios totally disables the sound.

yeah, same. It works a couple of tries, then it hangs again. without changing anything to the clover files. same as without a DSDT.

Apart from USB3 just about everything works, but no shutdown (or sleep, but that never worked)

What are the alternatives? Hardware AC killswitch for the PC?

I thought about a master/slave solution to kill the PC when the monitor goes off, but i use the bottom right screen corner daily for the monitor off function, so that goes out the window.

Also the various DSDTs floating around the net and here in this database for the X58 board are all very different, sound worked with one, others did not have sound. like my own dsdt export, i had AZAL instead of HDEF. Switching off azalia codec in the bios totally disables the sound.

i've been tinkering with different settings, i noticed that i have a few more files in the drivers64 folder. what do you've got in there?

i modified the dsdt you sent me last night, and gave you a copy of a config.plist i found that solved almost my problems, lets see how it goes

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 105
Currently, none :p killed the install and now i'm trying out the Chameleon Enoch based installation over @insanely

Just for fun, since i am 4 days straight now on Clover and just can't stand it anymore.
But will get back to it if the Chameleon Enoch turns out to be more annoying than Clover.

Creating the USB stick now, should be done in an hour, lets see if i can boot from that.
Hopefully i can use EvOreboot with it...

But i copied over the EFi folder as a backup, and i had these files in it:
FSInject-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

i think i had also the HFSPlus.efi file in there at some point, but i'm not sure what this does since it's never mentioned anywhere. reading/writing from the EFI partition worked, and everything else worked, surely this can't be related to shutdown?

will report back

Btw, there's more problems down the road with Clover. Existing Windows installs get listed as 'legacy 1' and 'legacy 2' drives in Clover, both are unbootable with MBR fails. Separate drives, chameleon had no problems detecting those.

Can i ask you a favor to upload you complete EFI folder, in case i missed something since i used the original Clover pkg which installs to /EFI instead of tonys boot drive install. It should be only about 4MB compressed.

Also my exported DSDT had no HDEF, only AZAL which i find strange (azalia codec), whitout it, no sound at all. I copied over the code from a working dsdt which i found, and removed the AZAL strings, and sound then worked on my board. But then the shutdown function permanently went out the window.

i changed

Code:
            Device (AZAL)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D, 
                        0x05
                    })
                }
            }

to

Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D, 
                        0x05
                    })
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x0A)
                        {
                            "built-in", 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x01
                            }, 

"codec-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x85, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                            }, 

"layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"device-type", 
                            Buffer (0x10)
                            {
                                "Realtek ALC889A"
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (0x30)
                            {
                                /* 0000 */    0x10, 0x40, 0x11, 0x01, 0x20, 0x10, 0x01, 0x01, 
                                /* 0008 */    0x30, 0x60, 0x01, 0x01, 0x80, 0x20, 0x01, 0x01, 
                                /* 0010 */    0x40, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x90, 0x50, 0x90, 0x81, 0x02, 
                                /* 0018 */    0x60, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01, 0x70, 0x40, 0x21, 0x02, 
                                /* 0020 */    0xF0, 0x61, 0x33, 0x59, 0x01, 0xE6, 0x05, 0x40, 
                                /* 0028 */    0x90, 0x61, 0x4B, 0x01, 0xA0, 0x01, 0xCB, 0x01
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

and

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.AZAL, 0x02)

to Notify (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF, 0x02)

this board is so weird...

here's the new dsdt in case you want to look over it

View attachment DSDT.aml.zip

Currently, none :p killed the install and now i'm trying out the Chameleon Enoch based installation over @insanely

Just for fun, since i am 4 days straight now on Clover and just can't stand it anymore.
But will get back to it if the Chameleon Enoch turns out to be more annoying than Clover.

Creating the USB stick now, should be done in an hour, lets see if i can boot from that.
Hopefully i can use EvOreboot with it...

But i copied over the EFi folder as a backup, and i had these files in it:
FSInject-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

i think i had also the HFSPlus.efi file in there at some point, but i'm not sure what this does since it's never mentioned anywhere. reading/writing from the EFI partition worked, and everything else worked, surely this can't be related to shutdown?

will report back

And how'd it go?

If the Enoch version works, there's hope TonyMac will update Multibeast/Chameleon here so we can discuss it on this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back