Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
On boot I can see the apple logo and the progress bar fills up until about half, then the screen goes to no signal. I can't connect remotely via screen sharing but I can access the drives via network so the system must be running.
When I boot with verbose the same happens. Text is running, then the screen goes to no signal.

Because you have to apply the AGDPfix!!!! :mad::mad:

Boot once with the nv_disable=1 bootflag into your system !!!!!!! This will prevent your Webdriver from loading and the black screen issue will vanish!!!!!
Then apply the AGDPfix and reboot!!!!!
Then boot without the nv_disable=1 bootflag and you are done!

Man! :crazy:

Because you have to apply the AGDPfix!!!! :mad::mad:

Boot once with the nv_disable=1 bootflag into your system !!!!!!! This will prevent your Webdriver from loading and the black screen issue will vanish!!!!!
Then apply the AGDPfix and reboot!!!!!
Then boot without the nv_disable=1 bootflag and you are done!

Man! :crazy:

This is exactly what I did.

Let me explain again:

I use nv_disable=1 only to access my system. If I don't enter this flag I get a black screen. So what I recently did was boot into the system using this flag, applying the AGDPfix you attached earlier. Rebooted without nv_disable=1 and get a black screen again. Not sure if I express myself in a misleading way, but I 100% understand what you are saying and did exactly that.

I thought nvda_drv=1 doesn't work for Sierra. However I tried what you suggested and unfortunately it gives me the stop sign instead of the apple logo.

nvda_drv = 1 is obsolete with the actual clover version !!!!!!!! It is not that it does not work with Sierra, it is already part of the clover distribution!!!!!

Forget about nvda_drv = 1!!!! Your corner stone is nv_disable!!!!
To prevent the Web driver from loading use bootflag nv_disable=1 !!!!!! This will solve your black screen isssue
Then applay the AGDPfix.
Then boot without the bootflag nv_disable=1, to allow your webdriver to load!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You are just wasting my time my friend!!!!! ;)

the nvda_drv=1 boot flag is obsolete, using the actual clover version

But anyway @Meadows , if you check the boot föag nv_disable =1 in your config.plist you cannot expect your webdriver to work :lol: This bootflag just prevents the Nvidia web driver from loading :!::crazy::lol:

But I don't have this flag in my config.plist. I only manually enter it when I want to access the system.

This is exactly what I did.

Let me explain again:

I use nv_disable=1 only to access my system. If I don't enter this flag I get a black screen. So what I recently did was boot into the system using this flag, applying the AGDPfix you attached earlier. Rebooted without nv_disable=1 and get a black screen again. Not sure if I express myself in a misleading way, but I 100% understand what you are saying and did exactly that.

This cannot be!!!! What is your SMBIOS definition? IT MUST BE MacPro6,1 :!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

I am sure you did not follow this advice although I repeat this absolutely mandatory requirement about three times in my guide! ;)

This cannot be!!!! What is your SMBIOS definition? IT MUST BE MacPro6,1 :!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

I am sure you did not follow this advice although I repeat this absolutely mandatory requirement about three times in my guide! ;)

I followed your guide thoroughly in every detail, and I got everything else working just fine. Please check my config.plist, my system definition is MacPro6,1 and I did everything exactly the way you repeatedly told me to. Seriously, I did not wing it, I did everything several times. I even did a clean reinstall and did everything over from scratch with the same result of the screen going black. It's like witchcraft, I'm totally stunned by this. I got another system running with slightly different specs, and this worked like a charm with the AGDPfix. But not this one, and I don't get it.

Edit: I really do not want to waste your time, and I don't think I do.

KGP
Check out his config.plist attached here #1867
He actually use MacPro6,1
But it looks a lot different than yours from OP
Check KextToPatch and KernelToPatch

That's true, I added some patches recently trying different approaches to get the graphics card to work, because AGDPfix didn't help.

I followed your guide thoroughly in every detail, and I got everything else working just fine. Please check my config.plist, my system definition is MacPro6,1 and I did everything exactly the way you repeatedly told me to. Seriously, I did not wing it, I did everything several times. I even did a clean reinstall and did everything over from scratch with the same result of the screen going black. It's like witchcraft, I'm totally stunned by this. I got another system running with slightly different specs, and this worked like a charm with the AGDPfix. But not this one, and I don't get it.

Edit: I really do not want to waste your time, and I don't think I do.

Well then I don't know how to help you either ... maybe somebody else can give you a ride...

The only thing you could do is remove alls NVDA*.kexts from /S/L/E and start from the beginning! In any case don't forget to apply the AGDPFix BEFORE the web driver installation!!!

Cheers,

KGP

Well then I don't know how to help you either ... maybe somebody else can give you a ride...

The only thing you could do is remove alls NVDA*.kexts from /S/L/E and start from the beginning! In any case don't forget to apply the AGDPFix BEFORE the web driver installation!!!

Cheers,

KGP

Okay, thanks. That's a clue, I'll give this a whirl. Appreciate your input.

Hello again,
is someone able to use nvme on a Rampage V Extreme?

My Samsung 960 Evo is fully recognized in Windows 10, so my BIOS is set correctly (I have the last firmware). I've used the provided kext, but I'm not able to create the ssdt, beacause I don't know the right address for my motherboard (and also because I MUST use my thunderbolt expansion card in the last pcie slot). The kext itself is not enough to have it to work.

I'm on my normal SSD right now, so Sierra 10.12.6 is already installed and fully functional.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back