Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does those graphs (flat hills vs fluctuating) really shows the performance? Or they are more or less cosmetic in real world scenarios? I mean, not the scores in benchmarks, but in a renders and calculations.

1. The "Above 4G Decoding" is enabled in my bios like I have also 2 GPU's + Asus TB dual card too with my LG display trough TB
2. The same mention here in about this mac with a E5-2696 v4 @ FakeCPUID: 0x40674
3. The drop tables what I think is you have to drop the CpuPM if you using XCPM (attached mine as picture)

Thanks for the reply but my question was which tables do I actually need? Mine look different than yours.
Also my above 4g decoding does NOT work.

Thanks!

the xcpm drive me crazy,now I want know how to disable xcpm.

I have tried re-install Sierra step by step to determine what is causing the freeze,unfortunately,I got another problem without figure out what is causing the freeze.

here is my xcpm troubleshooting note
Sierra 10.12.6 XCPM Troubleshooting note
  • try install High Sierra beta5,stuck with Firmware error,and back to install Sierra,xcpm actived without kernel patch!
  • with yesterday stalbe installation,try install webdriver and reboot, less than 5 minutes later freeze again.
  • Delete the EFI partition all folder and files in usb drive, re-install clover4173, initialize config.plist,and kernelPm enabled. The installation information show xcpm registered and X86PlatformShim success again!after complete install,verify xcpm is active!!!
  • try wipe usb drive completely,and wipe sm951 in windows,re-create Bootable USB Drive,re-install Sierra xcpm actived!!! and cannot get rid of freeze.
  • N times re-wipe usb drive,N times re-install Sierra,xcpm always actived.
1.temporarily stable? (XCPM is enabled after removing kernel patch)

• Put AppleALC kext reboot, freeze.
  • Add Rename ALZA to HDEF patch, reboot and freeze again
  • Remove AppleALC, reboot and freeze (0817 no freeze is false?)
  • Reset bios, all for Auto( EHCI Hand-off: "enabled",UEFI only), reboot and freezes.
  • try add PMDrvr kext, temporarily stable?
  • reboot and test for a few mintues,freeze!!!
2.Reinstall Sierra 10.12.6

• after reinstall Sierra, the XCPM has been enabled! in "-v mode" can see xcpm registered and X86PlatformShim success. 10 minutes after the installation no freeze, shut down to go bed.
1.Sum-up experiences few days ago

• Clover and clover congratulation are updated several times, config.plist maybe wrong (SMBIOS information changed).
    after Installation completed encountered finder cash with error imformation,App cash too.

• Contained too many kexts (FakeSMC / IntelMausiEthernet / Lilu / AppleALC / CodecCommander / X99 usb injector 3 / VoodooTSCSync / HackrNVMeFamily)
  • Config.plist did not remove xcpm KernelToPatch and install it directly
  • Did not remove ssdt_NVME.asl and HackrNVMeFamily kext to install the system
2.Reduce config.plist (remove slide = 0,kernelPm and AppleRTC false),add IONVMeFamily patch, remove unnecessary kexts only contain FakeSMC and IntelMausiEthernet,Installation successfully and login,for now the OS seem stable.

• BIOS Setting
    • C1E = auto
    • C3 / C6 / C7 = enable
    • cpu thermal montior = diable
    • EIST = disable
    • others are auto
3.Clean and stable Sierra?(no usb kext,sound kext,M.2 kext,no dsdt and ssdt, no kernel patch)

• try add kernel patch, freeze after less than 5 minutes, hopelessness! try put ssdt into clover/acpi/patch, restart and random freezes.
  • Edit config add ssdt=cpuPm and ssdt=CPUOist, restart and freeze. Put VoodooTSCsync,cpufriend, Lilu kexts into clover/ kexts, reboot temporarily stable.
  • add frequency plist with freqVectorsEdit.sh,reboot and ramdon freezes again
    edit config check Drop OEM, Plugin Type = 1, PLimit Dict = 0, reboot and freeze!!!
4.Go back and go back

• Remove Drop OEM, Plugin Type = 1, PLimit Dict = 0, replace backup IOPlatformPluginFamily, reboot temporarily stable. run Geekbench for 4.5 rounds then freeze appear.
  • Remove all xcpm kernel patches, reboot to verify xcpm disable or enable,the Sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.mode return = 1, sysctl-n machdep.xcpm.vectorsloadedcount = 0, the system seem stable for forty or fifty minutes,stop and shutdown to go bed,test tomorrow.
  • base on yesterday reduced clover files, remove ssdt_NVME and HackrNVMeFamily (xcpm kernel patch and DSDT removed) reinstall and completed, nothing happened,then try add xcpm kernel patch and restart,after login 5 mintues freezes again!
  • Use the last version of kgp's modified clover/config.plist to reinstall Sierra 10.12.6
  • Contain kexts (FakeSMC / IntelMausiEthernet / Lilu / AppleALC / CodecCommander / X99 usb injector 3 / VoodooTSCSync / HackrNVMeFamily)
  • Including DSDT / SSDT_NVME /XCPM kernel patch
  • Installation successfully and login, Verify XCPM acitve,try to generate SSDT with ssdtPRGen, it get freeze.restart and regenerate SSDT, freeze again when try add frequency plist with freqVectorsEdit.sh. reboot and continue freqVectorsEdit.sh add frequency plist, reboot and after less than 5 minutes get freeze.
  • Remove the kernel patch and DSDT, keep SSDT_NVME and HackrNVMeFamily,add IONVMeFamily patch to reinstall Sierra. Installation complete, put DSDT into the clover/ acpi/patch and reboot , when try edit config.plist to add xcpm kernel patch, it get freeze.Disappointed,try reduce clover and re-install next day.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
I end up removing PMDrvr.kext and disabling EIST for now. Will test further. Hope I can stop random reboots with this. Graphs are not as beautiful as before.

Update
7 hours with heavy 3d, After Effects and Final Cut Pro X and no reboots so far. But we all know that it can be just a luck for 7 hours. Leave to render for night.

Last edited:
First off let me say that this guide was amazing. I've never even attempted a build before and this one got me there with minimal headaches (most of which were self inflicted). I have a stable system running perfectly fine. My build parts are almost identical in terms of board, processor, and cooler. Right now my problem is that I can't get drives to mount out of the USB 3.0 slots. I've pasted all the patches and made all the clover entries. I've actually pasted them in twice to make sure I got them all correctly. If I plug keyboard into the USB 3.0 ports they work fine. If I plug a USB 3.0 drive in, it turns on, but isn't seen by the OS. If I plug the USB 3.0 drive into a USB 2.0 port. It is recognized. Any thoughts on where I might be going wrong?

Hi all. I have been tinkering with my new rig; some successes and some failures. I followed the XCPM guide and I am stuck at step 5
5.) Download Piker-Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh from Github.

6.) Drop ssdtPRGen.sh into a terminal and add the following parameters to also enable turbo frequencies of up to 4000 Mhz.

Result:

ssdtPRGen.sh generates a SSDT.aml file in ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/
7.) Copy the SSDT.aml from ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

8.) Reboot

9.) a.) Verify that in the ioRegistryExplorer you have now under CP00@0 the following entry:

b.) Verify with the terminal command that the "X86PlatformPlugin.kext" is now loaded. If the command returns
you are fine.

c.) Verify with the terminal command that you got now rid of the Apple Intel CPU power management. If the result is empty you are fine.
Steps 1-4 went off without a hitch, and as soon as I restarted, my idle cpu temps went from 39-46C with the min cpu fan speed at 70% to ≤32C (often as low 20C) with the min cpu fan speed set to 40%(I likely can lower the min speed even more). In addition, my single core geek bench scores went up by ~1000!
However, I am unable to complete the XCPM guide because I can not get the X86PlatformPlugin.kext to load. I have even tried several older versions of sdtPRGen.sh but I get the same result. kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu does indeed returns blank so the apple intel is indeed gone, but the plugin-type property is not present for CPU00@0 , and kextstat|grep -y x86plat also returns blank. Furthermore, as soon as I completed steps 1-4 a bluetooth glitch occurred and I can still detect but no longer use my 'magic mouse'. Any suggestions? Since my system seems to be running ok and I do have a wired mouse, I am tempted to leave things as they are. Could this have unforeseen consequences? Thanks in advance,
Loki

I just wanted to say thank you very much for this guide. It's allowed me to get my current primary PC running MacOS. This is an amazing guide!

It works pretty seamless for the MSI X99A SLI Plus.

@lakeone maybe on the forum APPLE as many use those screens in slave mod to their iMac or Mac pro
I modified everything in system preferences to have finder and the rest in 16 for the fonts and icons enough big
in general you have everything

but I think will be better that you post your question on the part fo the forum which fits cause the guide will not help you at all!

Is here anyone with an normal sized screen (24-34 Inch) and 4K on a Hakintosh? Is scaling a Problem? Do you need a magnifier or runs it out of box?

In 2 weeks I will order Hardware (3000$) to build a Hakintosh based on this perfect Guide. And I ask my self, how all guys here are using 4K displays with out scaling? Or dismissed I something? In the past I made an very easy Hakintosh (Z-170 / 7700K / GTX 1060) everything worked, but I can´t find a solution for the 4K scaling. Even on my Apple Mac Pro 5.1 with 4K Display, the UI looks extreme small (not useful).

Does no one use 4K Displays, or is there a simple Solution whitch I diss missed? This guide is the best on the hole Tonymacx86 Website. I think 4K+5K Display scaling should be involved here.

Will this work with my Asus Rampage V edition 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back