Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this problem

so:

1/ u wil never see more than 18 cores in the bios (u dont care by the way)

2/ for now if you want to boot without problem: do not activate HT in bios you will have only 22 cores and 22 threads
but the Nvidia web driver will work

if you can boot normally with only 22 cores
I know where is the problem
and will let u know how to do

good luck

Thanks for the reply, I don't care if you cant see them in the BIOS as long they will work and use HT with 44 threads
I tried booting with HT turned off in the BIOS, but it does not make sense with or without.

To run the AGDPfix dont make also no sense because I get a alert the kext is already patched..
And add manually the iMac14,2 + iMac17,1 board ID to the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext the FrequencyVectors still don't load:

Code:
sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count 0

Even don't work with the stock IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext + lilu.kext + NvidiaWebFixup.kext

As frustrating I take some rest after a couple hours :crazy:
It was quicker to change the CPU to fix this BS it wont get loaded the frequency vectors in many ways.. I dont get it.. :banghead:

Maybe if you want can you share your EFI folder to compare?

Last edited:
I'm now at a week of every day troubleshooting, I managed to get Sierra to boot by using the EFI provided in your High Sierra Guide, no idea how that worked, but it was the only way. Now I cannot for the life of me get my Nvidia drivers to work at all properly, I've followed the instructions in both this guide and the High Sierra Guide as well as:

• AGCPFix
• Manually edited Config1 to none
• Installed your AppleGraphicsControl.kext provided in High Sierra Guide with Kext Utility
• Deleted AppleGraphicsControl.kext entirely (The most effective, no black screen, but still only shows 9MB of VRAM and ridiculous amount of screen tearing)
• lilu.kext + NvidiaWebFixup.kext
• Pike Patch(es)
• Brumbaer's GDP Patch
• Changed Board-ID in SMBIOS
• Installed Web Drivers by unpacking and using Kext Utility
• "New Nvidia Web Startup Method" at the end of Clover Text
• Every combination of boot flags in clover boot section
• Injecting / Not Injecting Nvidia

So the best I've gotten is with Nvidia Injected and the AGC Kext deleted it will show the correct graphics card in system information, show that Nvidia Web Drivers are enabled, but have the same performance as OSX drivers.

What the hell could be wrong here? How are you guys getting any of this to work?

Might as well give up and try El Capitan. Anyone have any experience with Broadwell-E / X99 on 10.11? I've heard there are less display issues, though haven't heard of anyone using it with Broadwell-E.

Thanks for this thread.

Two questions:

1. I can't get OSX to boot successfully with "Above 4G Decoding" enabled on my board. This is necessary to boot with 2 graphics cards AND the Thunderbolt card installed. Any ideas? If I boot verbose it looks like it freezes and boots to a black screen with the cursor. If I boot regular it just boots up until apple logo, loads halfway, and stops.
2. I have a Xeon e5-2630v3 (Haswell-E). My processor says "unknown" in "About this Mac". Is this a problem? Not using any fake CPU ID.
3. What are my drop table options supposed to look like? I've attached what they are currently.
Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 7.51.31 PM.png

Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone have those Kernel Patches in config?
Code:
4489e8c1 e008b999 01 to 90b800ff 0000b999 01
4489f8c1 e008b999 01 to 90b800ff 0000b999 01
I can't remember from where it come and now can't find any info about them, unfortunately =(

Hello
I am working on 3 screens 40 inches 4K
I don't need to scale or else
I use them to have the biggest desktop possible and if you calibrate well your screen in 4k you will not have any problems to see details (of course only if you don't have huge problem of view)
I calibrate them to 40% of brightness etc etc I am pretty close of them

Okay, your using 40 inch Displays. Then the UI size is big enough. But in the most cases people use 27, 30 oder 32 inches. Then the UI Elements are very hard to see on native 4K Resolution. I have good eyes, thats not the point.

@lakeone maybe on the forum APPLE as many use those screens in slave mod to their iMac or Mac pro
I modified everything in system preferences to have finder and the rest in 16 for the fonts and icons enough big
in general you have everything

but I think will be better that you post your question on the part fo the forum which fits cause the guide will not help you at all!

Well shoot

As hard its required to run the Pascal cards, I have to updated to 10.12.6 if I want upgrade to a GTX1080Ti

Thanks for this thread.

Two questions:

1. I can't get OSX to boot successfully with "Above 4G Decoding" enabled on my board. This is necessary to boot with 2 graphics cards AND the Thunderbolt card installed. Any ideas? If I boot verbose it looks like it freezes and boots to a black screen with the cursor. If I boot regular it just boots up until apple logo, loads halfway, and stops.
2. I have a Xeon e5-2630v3 (Haswell-E). My processor says "unknown" in "About this Mac". Is this a problem? Not using any fake CPU ID.
3. What are my drop table options supposed to look like? I've attached what they are currently.
View attachment 273171

Thanks!

1. The "Above 4G Decoding" is enabled in my bios like I have also 2 GPU's + Asus TB dual card too with my LG display trough TB
2. The same mention here in about this mac with a E5-2696 v4 @ FakeCPUID: 0x40674
3. The drop tables what I think is you have to drop the CpuPM if you using XCPM (attached mine as picture)

Anyone added a firewire card to this kinda setup? Im getting the prohibitive sign after clover regardless of where I pout the card.

Thanks

I'm using a FW card for my Motu Sound card and its working OOB its a IOcrest 1394A+B Ti Chipset

Does anyone have those Kernel Patches in config?
Code:
4489e8c1 e008b999 01 to 90b800ff 0000b999 01
4489f8c1 e008b999 01 to 90b800ff 0000b999 01
I can't remember from where it come and now can't find any info about them, unfortunately =(

I got the same kernel patches in my config, just used the attached clover config from this guide
But don't even know why they are there as patched for which kinda stuff maybe @kgp can explain them?

@lakeone maybe on the forum APPLE as many use those screens in slave mod to their iMac or Mac pro
I modified everything in system preferences to have finder and the rest in 16 for the fonts and icons enough big
in general you have everything

but I think will be better that you post your question on the part fo the forum which fits cause the guide will not help you at all!

@GDS

As it's suprising I changed some cables on my GPU's MacOS boots into my system with graphic acceleration now. o_O
But whats this getting very strange story my Nvidia driver manager wont load but CUDA say's now there are GPU's detected..

Even when installed it again it don't load the driver manager screen and cant change OSX or Web drivers.

Another thing is that in the BIOS enabling HT my CPU loads with 22 cores & 44 threads now
But my cpu GB score is very disappointing opposite with my old i7-6850K :silent:

I have changed the BIOS options what is given to enable XCPM, but somehow the frequency is hanging around 3,0 Ghz
Yesterday I got a nice frequency acceleration reaching 3,7 Ghz with a low TDP & temperature of 33º Idle.

Is this because off the CPU C states, and maybe try to change back the settings or disable some C states ?

Hopefully you can help me out gladly, with some information and modifications on the OS
So I don't have to do a new fresh installation because of the need for my work and reinstall all the programs

Update: In the BIOS C-States @ Auto + EIST disabled gives me again a fluctuating frequency on the CPU..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back