Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe binaries will work, BUT I will try that version first!

Do you have FakeSMC in /System/Library/Extensions/

?

Or JUST in CLOVER?

Just in clover. The manual installation of the binaries allows the entire control of the installation process. I do not like pkg-installers as in general in case of more complex applications the uninstall process turns out neither trivial nor straight forward awards. If you work with binaries instead, you perform the installation process by yourself and you exactly know how to uninstall the individual binaries.

View attachment 259519 Hi, @kgp

Sorry does'nt work ;)
Had the idea that it only work as "admin" but same results.

but today I've to say "THANK YOU SOOO MUCH" for your great manual!

Known and feared by my friends as "Petertester" (a word game with the test of a beta release and my first name), I am a special talent for finding all mistakes! Your instructions are hereby approved by your "Petertester". Of course, after the first attempt with an update I ruined the installation in 10.12.4 . However, a very stable system has been created again when the path is run on Pathclevel 10.12.5 exactly after your instructions! More in my build report. Thanks again for this extraordinary achievement for us "HackIntosh-Freaks"!

o.k. I patched today the most actual BIOS (1701). You have to do the following in a terminal assuming that you have the UEFIPatch-folder on your desktop:

Code:
cd ~/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx
/Users/kgp/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx/UEFIPatch /Users/kgp/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx/X99-A-II-ASUS-1701.CAP

This creates the file "X99-A-II-ASUS-1701.CAP.patched", which you have to rename to "X99A2.CAP" in case of the Asus x99-A II. Without "cd ~/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx" you will receive the error message "patches.txt file not found or can't be read" ;).

I'm pulling my hairs out. I can't seem to get it to work. I can only boot when using nv_disable=1. If I don't use this flag I get a black screen, and I can't even connect to the system via remote desktop from another mac. It pops up as available, and I can connect to it and see the drives, but screen sharing doesn't work. I tried seemingly every trick in the book but to no avail. I don't understand it, I must be missing something.
Got an X99-AII with a i7 5960X and a GTX970. Latest webdrivers are installed. My separate SSD with Yosemite runs just fine with no issues at all. But Sierra just won't boot.

I'm not injecting Nvidia, I do inject Nvidia Web. My only bootflags are npci=0x2000 and kext-dev-mode=1. I did use AGDPfix, I do use Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

If you could help any further that would be so awesome. Thanks!

I'm pulling my hairs out. I can't seem to get it to work. I can only boot when using nv_disable=1. If I don't use this flag I get a black screen, and I can't even connect to the system via remote desktop from another mac. It pops up as available, and I can connect to it and see the drives, but screen sharing doesn't work. I tried seemingly every trick in the book but to no avail. I don't understand it, I must be missing something.
Got an X99-AII with a i7 5960X and a GTX970. Latest webdrivers are installed. My separate SSD with Yosemite runs just fine with no issues at all. But Sierra just won't boot.

I'm not injecting Nvidia, I do inject Nvidia Web. My only bootflags are npci=0x2000 and kext-dev-mode=1. I did use AGDPfix, I do use Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

If you could help any further that would be so awesome. Thanks!

Did you apply the AGDPfix attached to my originating post?

Did you apply the AGDPfix attached to my originating post?

Hey, thanks for chiming in and thanks for your great tutorial. When I boot with nv_disable=1 everything works, all USBs, audio, ethernet, overclocking, etc. So I really appreciate the work you did and all your help!

To answer your question - I did use the AGDPfix, but to no avail.

Hey, thanks for chiming in and thanks for your great tutorial. When I boot with nv_disable=1 everything works, all USBs, audio, ethernet, overclocking, etc. So I really appreciate the work you did and all your help!

To answer your question - I did use the AGDPfix, but to no avail.

but to no avail.?

It didn't do anything. It reported success but the system wouldn't boot, just like before.

I still do not understand. Did you use the AGDPfix attached to my originating post or did you use one of those linked in my originating post? You have to use the one attached to my originating post. Do you understand?

I still do not understand. Did you use the AGDPfix attached to my originating post or did you use one of those linked in my originating post? You have to use the one attached to my originating post. Do you understand?

Oh, I see, now I get it. I wasn't aware there's a difference in the AGDPfix apps. I'm not sure if I used the one attached to your post. Can I simply rerun it now and expect it to work? Or does it require an unpatched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext?

Oh, I see, now I get it. I wasn't aware there's a difference in the AGDPfix apps. I'm not sure if I used the one attached to your post. Can I simply rerun it now and expect it to work? Or does it require an unpatched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext?

Hmm... good question... just try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back