Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, lets see... it is supposed that once the display is on sleep also the auto-sleep function gets activated after some time if you do not enable the "prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" in System Preferences! However, this is obviously not the case. The Display goes off but the hack never enters the sleep modus. When you want to wake up the display after 5 minutes with the keyboard it does not respond! However, this strange behavior only can be witnessed when "prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" is disabled in System Preferences. Under normal working conditions the display can turn off and it can always be activated with the keyboard. The same states for forced sleep and subsequent wake. The problem you describe above is exclusively related to the auto-sleep function which seems not to work at all. I still don't catch what you mean with computer sleep. I guess you refer to auto-sleep! The forced sleep and subsequent wake always works !!!!

I completely turned off my auto sleep in system preferences and checked using the terminal command "pmset -g".

I don't know why you don't understand computer sleep, it's self explanatory. It is even mentioned in energy saver settings "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off".

When my display sleeps after a while of no activity (not computer sleep), it won't wake up using keyboard or anything.

ok, lets see... it is supposed that once the display is on sleep also the auto-sleep function gets activated after some time if you do not enable the "prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" in System Preferences! However, this is obviously not the case. The Display goes off but the hack never enters the sleep modus. When you want to wake up the display after 5 minutes with the keyboard it does not respond! However, this strange behavior only can be witnessed when "prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" is disabled in System Preferences. Under normal working conditions ("prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" enabled), the display can turn off and it can always be activated with the keyboard. The same states for forced sleep and subsequent wake. The problem you describe above is exclusively related to the auto-sleep function which seems not to work at all. I still don't catch what you mean with computer sleep. I guess you refer to auto-sleep! The forced sleep and subsequent wake always works !!!!

Neither Auto Sleep, nor Forced Sleep works reliably for me. Sometimes the computer will come out of sleep once, sometimes twice. Haven't had it come out of sleep for a third time ever, using this kext.

XCPM works flawlessly (without this kext), but no flat turbo lines. And if I use any of the XCPM Performance Fix patches, the processor will hover between 2.0 GHz and the upper limit, without ever coming down to the lower P-states.

Lots of differences on the ACPI page. Yet we face the same problems...

Mine is working perfectly after enabling CSM except for sleep/wake. But the display does wake up after being turned off.

Mine is working perfectly after enabling CSM except for sleep/wake. But the display does wake up after being turned off.

Never had problems with my display not coming back on (I have a single 4K monitor). Sleepwake does not work though.

I completely turned off my auto sleep in system preferences and checked using the terminal command "pmset -g".

I don't know why you don't understand computer sleep, it's self explanatory. It is even mentioned in energy saver settings "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off".

When my display sleeps after a while of no activity (not computer sleep), it won't wake up using keyboard or anything.

So you mean with "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" enabled your Display cannot be activated with the keyboard when sleeping longer than 5 minutes? That sounds wired and strange and I cannot confirm at all this behavior.

However, I can confirm a similar behavior with my screen when "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" is NOT enabled. In this case the display goes to sleep but the hack not, although it also should sleep after a while once the Display is disabled (auto-sleep, approx. 5 minutes after display sleep). When I then touch the keyboard, I simply see a black screen. Do you understand now what I wanted to say?

However, when I use forced sleep, both display and hack enter the sleep modus and wake when I touch the keyboard or mouse. This process can be repeated infinitely. However, I also realized a few times that the computer returns from forced sleep for some moments and returns to sleep afterwards again. How often this happens during e.g. one night I do not know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back