Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes its 1 am here but I am working on a build using and ryzen, what a pain in the arse.

The Rules said:
AMD nor Atom CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work. Any post requesting help for or asking about these will be deleted

Is that a reference monitor on the left? If so what kind and how do you like it?
We actually have several reference monitors we use at the studio. That one is actually the oldest and I want it to die. It's a JVC I would not go that route. The others we have are all FSI OLED Panels. Hella Expensive, but worth every penny.

http://www.shopfsi.com/DM250-p/dm250.htm
and
http://www.shopfsi.com/CM250-p/cm250.htm

The first is my favorite as it can output to a second monitor with a Built in LUT. That way on set when we are shooting RAW Flat we can feed it and show 709 color and send it to a big monitor for the client area. That way they don't freak about how the color looks.

Kevin

If you have a virgin system you have to install sierra on your system with an USB installation medium you have to create before. I provided a detailed USB installation medium creation and Sierra installation guide for my build. Please read it carefully and note that it is specifically ment for my built. :idea: However, when I look to your screenshot I see you did not! :banghead: :lol:... You are using OsxAptioFix2DRV instead of OsxAptioFixDRV. :banghead: :lol: Please, read my guide and you might be able to proceed. :angel: However, I do not know what is your built...:?:

Good luck :thumbup::wave:

Hi kgp,

Your guide states in point 5: "Furthermore, download and copy nickwoodham's "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi" file (attached to this post) into the /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/ directory of your USB installation medium (thanks to @BoomR, @P1LGRIM and @Thireus for the info). Delete any other "OsxAptioFix*Drv**.efi" files if previously installed."

Which should be used then? OsxAotioFixDRV or OsxAptioFix2DRV?

I did have a go at following the guide you kindly shared. The only step I needed to bypass were these BIOS settings as Rampage V Extreme doesn't seem to have them:

go to Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration\
a) SPDIF Out Type: "HDMI"
b) PCIEX16_2 Slot Bandwidth: "Auto"
c) Serial Port: "Off"

Unfortunately when trying to install Sierra I am again stuck at the screen attached. I had no luck with either Yosemite, ElCapitan and now Sierra... I am slowly starting to lose hope :(((

IMG_7743.JPG

@kgp I think I have to retract my last post about better thru-put with the most recent version of the Intelimaus.kext.
They seem to work roughly the same.
I'm on the X99 Deluxe rev.1 and using the lower network port (towards the floor/should be the i218 controller as the top port *I-211-AT*isn't working with the supplied kext anyway).

To be able to troubleshoot further I'd appreciate if people who are working against servers / NAS could do a simple Black Magic Speedtest run and report back. I'm getting at around 40-70 MB/ Write & Around 40-70 Read. It's very incoherent in performace, sometimes it "revs" up to the top speed in seconds - like an old car, hehe.
On an iMac with the same network cable etc etc we're getting 110MB each way at the click of the start button.

Thanks,
Musikprylar

PS.After the initial install it worked pretty good, then for some reason it degraded. Did a clean install again to eliminate possible issues caused by Homebrew (which I've read could affect network performance) but still not getting back to where I'm supposed to be speed wise.

Hi kgp,

Your guide states in point 5: "Furthermore, download and copy nickwoodham's "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi" file (attached to this post) into the /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/ directory of your USB installation medium (thanks to @BoomR, @P1LGRIM and @Thireus for the info). Delete any other "OsxAptioFix*Drv**.efi" files if previously installed."

Which should be used then? OsxAotioFixDRV or OsxAptioFix2DRV?

I did have a go at following the guide you kindly shared. The only step I needed to bypass were these BIOS settings as Rampage V Extreme doesn't seem to have them:

go to Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration\
a) SPDIF Out Type: "HDMI"
b) PCIEX16_2 Slot Bandwidth: "Auto"
c) Serial Port: "Off"

Unfortunately when trying to install Sierra I am again stuck at the screen attached. I had no luck with either Yosemite, ElCapitan and now Sierra... I am slowly starting to lose hope :(((

View attachment 250072

I clearly write: Delete any other "OsxAptioFix*Drv**.efi" files if previously installed." Which means you should neither use OsxAptioFixDRV.efi nor OsxAptioFix2DRV.efi, just OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi"

I guess the missing bios settings are of minor relevance. Anyway, try to supply your mobo with the latest firmware. Maybe the missing Onboard Device Configuration items might be available in its latest BIOS version.

You are stucked at the screen above as you use the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi + either the OsxAptioFixDRV.efi or OsxAptioFix2DRV.efi.

Don't loose hope. It will work! Just delete the other OsxAptioFixDrv**.efi files.

You are stucked at the screen above as you use the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi + either the OsxAptioFixDRV.efi or OsxAptioFix2DRV.efi.

Thanks for the quick reply kgp!! But this is the issue. I am only using the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in my drivers folder...

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 16.16.11.png

Thanks for the quick reply kgp!! But this is the issue. I am only using the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in my drivers folder...

View attachment 250074

Indeed this looks fine. And you also have all required kexts in the /EFI/clover/kexts/10.12/ directory? Furthermore you are using ptzulu's config plist and you applied all BIOS settings, a part from those mentioned above?

If so, the best might be to ask @morganb how he managed with this board using my guide.

Indeed this looks fine. And you also have all required kexts in the /EFI/clover/kexts/10.12/ directory? Furthermore you are using ptzulu's config plist and you applied all BIOS settings, a part from those mentioned above?

If so, the best might be to ask @morganb how he managed with this board using my guide.

Yes, I copied all as instructed. I am using ptzulu's config plist which I modified to include FakeCPUID 0x040674 (Broadwell-E) as per your guide. Yes I will be waiting for @morganb response to see if he'll be able to help. He recommended your guide in the first place. Again, thank you for your help!

Yes, I copied all as instructed. I am using ptzulu's config plist which I modified to include FakeCPUID 0x040674 (Broadwell-E) as per your guide. Yes I will be waiting for @morganb response to see if he'll be able to help. He recommended your guide in the first place. Again, thank you for your help!

If I am not totally wrong, ptzulu`s config plist uses FakeCPUID 0x040674 (Broadwell-E) by default.

Cheers

If I am not totally wrong, ptzulu`s config plist uses FakeCPUID 0x040674 (Broadwell-E) by default.

Cheers

That's what I thought but when I opened it with Clover Configurator, the FakeCPUID field was blank... Also, I now discovered that my BIOS version dates back to 2015 even though I have bought the computer recently. Perhaps it's worth updating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back