Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's right. Once clover and sierra are installed on your system disk, you will be able to boot from there. You just have to finally define in the Mobo BIOS the system disk to be your startup disk.

Well I was mistaken it didn't freeze up after all. Sierra finished it's installation (supposedly), rebooted with USB still in and got this screen. I do not see where to boot from SSD here. Only have options to boot install from the USB stick again. What the heck?

IMG_5455.JPG

Well I was mistaken it didn't freeze up after all. Sierra finished it's installation (supposedly), rebooted with USB still in and got this screen. I do not see where to boot from SSD here. Only have options to boot install from the USB stick again. What the heck?

View attachment 247451

What about installing clover on your system disk by means of a mac or working hackintosh, like you did for your USB installation medium? Also copy the config.plist and the required files in the /kexts/10.12/ and /drivers64UEFI/ directories to the /EFI/clover/ directory of your system.

The system disk should show up in the clover boot menu in any case after Sierra has been installed successfully.

We passed midnight here in Europe. I will be off to bed now. Maybe others can assist you in your fight in the meanwhile ;)

Good luck! :thumbup:

What about installing clover on your system disk by means of a mac or working hackintosh, like you did for your USB installation medium? Also copy the config.plist and the required files in the /kexts/10.12/ and /drivers64UEFI/ directories to the /EFI/clover/ directory of your system.

The system disk should show up in the clover boot menu in any case after Sierra has been installed successfully.

We passed midnight here in Europe. I will be off to bed now. Maybe others can assist you in your fight in the meanwhile ;)

Good luck! :thumbup:

Get some rest! I really really really appreciate your help and time! I'm still stuck however. After Sierra runs through the installation process and reboots, it will load Clover from the USB stick but still no option to boot the SSD Sierra was just installed on. So I rebooted again and opened the BIOS. THE FREAKING SSDs ARE FROZEN AGAIN!! Same screen as the photo I uploaded in my previous post. WTH?!?! Why do these drives freeze like this? Only thing I can figure is there must be something in the BIOS that isn't right. I followed your guide to the T several times with no change in outcome. I don't know what to do know...

Last edited:
Get some rest! I really really really appreciate your help and time! I'm still stuck however. After Sierra runs through the installation process and reboots, it will load Clover from the USB stick but still no option to boot the SSD Sierra was just installed on. So I rebooted again and opened the BIOS. THE FREAKING SSDs ARE FROZEN AGAIN!! Same screen as the photo I uploaded in my previous post. WTH?!?! Why do these drives freeze like this? Only thing I can figure is there must be something in the BIOS that isn't right. I followed your guide to the T several times with no change in outcome. I don't know what to do know...

Did you format the system disk with Mac OS Extended and create a GUID Partition table with Apple's disk utility before sierra installation :?: If not, this might be the reason why you do not see your system disk in the clover boot menu. It might still have a MBR boot sector from previous windows installations.

And please once more: :sick: !! FORGET ABOUT BIOS SECURE ERASE !! :sick:

This utility is absolutely useless for our purpose! You need a system disk with Mac OS Extended formatting and GUID Partition table :!::!: o_O

Thanks for a brilliant guide! ASUS X99 Deluxe rev.1 running (so far, so good) 10.12.4 with Titan X GPU and 64GB RAM.

Edit - There's a later version of the Intelmausi kext that speeds up the throughput quite considerable. Fetching files from a NAS
went from around 70MB/s to 110MB/s according to Black Magic Speedtest.
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-intel-network/downloads/

Last edited:
Thanks for a brilliant guide! ASUS X99 Deluxe rev.1 running (so far, so good) 10.12.4 with Titan X GPU and 64GB RAM.

Great :thumbup: Many thanks for your positive feedback! :thumbup:

Edit - There's a later version of the Intelmausi kext that speeds up the throughput quite considerable. Fetching files from a NAS
went from around 70MB/s to 110MB/s according to Black Magic Speedtest.
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-intel-network/downloads/

Thanks, man for your advice! :clap: I updated my guide accordingly :thumbup:

What are the chances that this will work with a Rampage V extreme 3.1?
View attachment 245673

Being frustrated about the present Customac Pro hardware configuration proposed by Tonymacx's Buyer's guide, I decided to go for a new Customac Pro Build based on the Broadwell-E CPU, X99 chip-set and LGA2011-v3 socket with Mac OS Sierra beating records, running like hell and behaving absolutely stable.

View attachment 246932

Hardware Buyer's Guide

Motherboard: Asus X99-A II
Optional and fully compatible with this guide is the twice as expensive Asus X99 Deluxe II motherboard with on-board 802.11ac-WLAN and a Thunderbolt EX 3 extension card (thanks to @KevinAGI and @Thireus for their feedback). While the built-in 802.11ac-WLAN of the Asus X99 Deluxe II runs OoB, one finds an extended discussion along my thread how to successfully run the Thunderbolt EX 3 extension card (see the individual posts subsequent to my guide; also thanks to @BoomR for his valuable input).​
CPU: I7-6950X(10-core)
I7-6800K (6-core); I7-6850K (6-core), I7-6900K (8 core) are further "low-budget" options. HERE you find the ASUS X99-A II CPU compatibility list. Note that concerning XCPM, for Haswell-E or Ivy-Bridge-E CPUs some of the "KerneltoPatch"-entries differ from those for Broadwell-E CPUs provided below.​
RAM: 128GB KIT (8x16GB) G.Skill TridentZ (F4-3200C14Q2-128GTZSW)
You are free to select any other memory configuration specified by the ASUS Memory Qualified Vendors List that I attach at the bottom of this thread. Important Note: Initially, I used 2x Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 64 GB Kit (128GB). However I faced stability issues with this memory type not specified for the ASUS X99-A II.​
System Disk: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (SSD) / Samsung 960 EVO 1TB (NVMe, M.2)
RAID: 3x Western Digital Red Pro 6TB (18TB); RAID setup through the BIOS using "Intel Rapid Storage" is fully recognized by
MacOS Sierra.​
Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 TI; Note the successful multi-monitor support discussion along my thread (see the
individual posts subsequent to my guide). Update 4/10/2017: Nvidia just released web drivers including support for all Pascal GPUs (378.05.05.05f01)!! I already purchased the Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G (GV-N108TAORUS X-11GD), which will be available by end of April 2017 and finally replace my GeForce GTX 980 TI.​
Wifi + Bluetooth: TP-Link PCI Express WIFI Adapter 802.11N (N900); IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter; will be replaced
(purchased not yet delivered) by the osxwifi PC/Hackintosh - Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe Adapter (native handoff support for MacOS Sierra, Support of bluetooth keyboard/mouse in BIOS/UEFI or Bootloader). Thanks to @dasboot5 for this excellent advice.​
Power Supply: Corsair AX860
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i v2
Webcam: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C930
Monitor: Asus MX299Q, 29", WQHD, 21:9, 2560x1080 pix; will be replaced by LG 38UC99-W, 38", WQHD, 21:9, 3840x1600
pix (already purchased but not yet delivered). Only drawback of this new brilliant 38" WQHD: No G-sync support.​
Case: Corsair CC600TWM-WHT, Graphite Series 600T, Mid Tower
Keyboard: Logitech K811
Mouse: Logitech Ultra-Thin Touch Mouse T631
External Blu-Ray Writer: Buffalo MediaStation BRXL-16U3
Cable-management: Individually Sleeved AX 860/760 ATX 24pin (white) CP-8920074; Professional Individually sleeved DC
Case modding: 2x Nanoxia Rigid Bar RGB NRLED30RGB; HitLights RGB LED Light Strip 4 Pin Splitter; Nanoxia Led controller
NXRGBC (ASUS Aura control software only available for windows; extremely rudimentary Aura BIOS settings; no option for separate control of individual aura components).​

View attachment 247612

BIOS Configuration Guide

Just apply @giacomoleopardo 's BIOS settings provided below. This BIOS configuration is complete and is one of the corner stones for a stable Mac OS Sierra system based on X99.

View attachment 228923

1.) go to Exit\
a) Load Optimized Defaults​
2.) go to Ai Tweaker\
a) ASUS Multicore Enhancement: "Disabled"
b) CPU Core Ratio: "Auto"
c) Internal PLL Overvoltage: "Disabled"​
3.) go to Advanced\CPU Configuration\CPU Power Management Configuration\
a) Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology: "Disabled"
b) Turbo mode: "Enabled"
c) CPU C-State: "Auto"​
4.) go to Advanced\USB Configuration\
a) Intel xHCI Mode: "Enabled" or "Smart Auto", depending on whether an USB3 or USB2 Boot-Stick will be used for MacOs Sierra installation (thanks to KevinAGI for providing this important update).
b) EHCI Legacy Support: "Enabled"
c) xHCI Hand-off: "Enabled"
d) EHCI Hand-off: "Disabled"​
5.) go to Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration\
a) SPDIF Out Type: "HDMI"
b) PCIEX16_2 Slot Bandwidth: "X4 Mode"
NOTE: If you want to use the Wifi PCI Express Card choose the "Standard Mode" instead, otherwhise the WIFI PCI Express Card will not be recognized.
c) Serial Port: "Off"​
6.) go to \Boot\
a.) Fast Boot: "Disabled"
b) Setup Mode: "Advanced"​
7.) go to \Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module)\
a) Launch CSM: "Disabled"​
8.) go to \Boot\Secure Boot\
a) OS Type: "Other OS"
b) Define the harddrive BBS priorities​
10.) Press F10 key to Save and Reboot

Bootable USB Drive Creation and MacOS Sierra Installation Guide

If you do not possess an already pre-installed MacOS Sierra 10.12 distribution on your new hackintosh, you will have to create now a bootable USB installation medium on any Macintosh or Hackintosh you already have at your disposal and subsequently install MacOs Sierra 10.12 on your new system by means of the respective USB installation medium you created before. Please strictly follow this "Bootable USB Drive creation and MacOS Sierra Installation Guide" and DO NOT use UNIBEAST instead! Unibeast will create files in the /EFI/CLOVER/ directory of your USB installation medium you do not want to have there. If you already created a USB installation medium with unibeast before, delete the "config.plist" file and "/drivers64UEFI/" and "/kexts/10.12/" directories in the /EFI/CLOVER/ directory of your USB installation medium and proceed with this "Bootable USB Drive creation and MacOS Sierra Installation Guide". If you do already have a pre-installed MacOS Sierra 10.12 distribution on your new hackintosh, directly jump to my "System Disk Post-Installation Guide" below.

1.) Download the latest version of MacOS Sierra by performing the following actions:
a) Delete any version of the MacOS Sierra installer from your "Applications" folder if older versions of the installer exist.
b) Go to the App-Store, and download Sierra.​

2.) Prepare an USB thumb drive with Disk Utility with the following options:
a) GUID Partition Table
b) Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
c) Use the name “USB”​

3.) Type in a Terminal the following command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --no interaction

This will take some time

4.) Download and install the latest Clover distribution on your USB-DISK by verifying the proper Install-location (USB-DISK) and customizing (dont press "Install" but "Customize" instead) the following options:

a) Install for UEFI booting only
b) Install Clover in the ESP
c) Select the Bootloader Themes you want to install
e) Only select EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in the Drivers64UEFI menu!

During installation, Clover will automatically create and mount the EFI drive of the USB installation medium and copy all
required files to the /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/ directory.

5.) When Clover Installation completes, download and copy the "config.plist" file and "/kexts/10.12/" directory of ptzulu (attached to this post) into the "CLOVER" directory of the EFI partition of your USB installation medium. Note that there is a later version of @RehabMan 's IntelmausiEthernet.kext (also attached to my post) that speeds up the Ethernet-throughput considerable (thanks to @musikprylar for his advice). Furthermore, download and copy nickwoodham's "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi" file (attached to this post) into the /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/ directory of your USB installation medium (thanks to @BoomR, @P1LGRIM and @Thireus for the info). Delete any other "OsxAptioFix2Drv-xx.efi" files if previously installed. OS X 10.11.4 and greater allocates memory above the memory space which is covered by the AptioFixDrv memory relocation, while OS X 10.11.3 and earlier tries to allocate memory in the low memory range that is already occupied. "OsxAptioFix2Drv-xx.efi" frees the first 512MB of fragmented memory which gives ample room for the MacOS kernel and kernel cache and applies memory map fixes which allow MacOS to communicate with your installed hardware. Without the "OsxAptioFix2Drv-xx.efi" fix, your system might become unstable (random reboots).

No other files will be needed for the X99-A II board! Note that also kext files like the "VoodooTSCSync.kext" (to enable CPUs with a higher number of cores), the "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext", the "BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext" or the "AppleIntelE1000e.kext" apparently are not required anymore. The configuration files are also valid for the X99-E and X-99 Deluxe II boards (Thanks to @superjunaid, @KevinAGI and @Thireus for their feedback).

!!You are done!!

6.) Before installing MacOS Sierra on your new system, don't forget to apply the BIOS settings listed above.

7.) Boot the USB Installation Medium with the following boot options: -v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

8.) Install MacOS Sierra onto your system

9.) Now perform the Post-Installation procedure described below

System Disk Post-Installation Guide

Install the latest CLOVER distribution on your System Disk

Download and install the latest Clover distribution on your Sierra system disk by verifying the proper Install-Location (Sierra System Disk) and customizing (don't press "Install" but "Customize" instead) the following options:

a) Install for UEFI booting only
b) Install Clover in the ESP
c) Select the Bootloader Themes you want to install
d) Enable Install RC scripts on target volume
e) Only select EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in the Drivers64UEFI menu!
f) Select Install RC scripts on target volume
g) Select Install Clover Preference Pane​

During installation, Clover will automatically create and mount the EFI drive of your Sierra system disk and copy all required files to the /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/ directory.

View attachment 229776

Clover Configuration

1.) Download the following configuration files of ptzulu (for further details see the post of ptzulu on insanelymac), which I attach once more at the end of my post:

a) "config.plist.zip" -> download, unzip and copy the "config-plist" file to the "/EFI/CLOVER" directory of the "EFI" partition of your Sierra system disk.
b) "kexts.zip" -> download, unzip and copy the "kexts" directory to the "/EFI/CLOVER/" directory of the "EFI" partition of your Sierra system disk. Note that there is a later version of @RehabMan 's IntelmausiEthernet.kext (also attached to my post) that speeds up the Ethernet-throughput considerable (thanks to @musikprylar for his advice).
c) "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.zip" download, unzip and copy nickwoodham's "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi" file (attached to this post) into the /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/ directory of your Sierra System disk (Thanks to @BoomR, @P1LGRIM and @Thireus for the info). Delete any other "OsxAptioFix2Drv-xx.efi" files if previously installed. OS X 10.11.4 and greater allocates memory above the memory space which is covered by the AptioFixDrv memory relocation, while OS X 10.11.3 and earlier tries to allocate memory in the low memory range that is already occupied. "OsxAptioFix2Drv-xx.efi" frees the first 512MB of fragmented memory which gives ample room for the MacOS kernel and kernel cache and applies memory map fixes which allow MacOS to communicate with your installed hardware. Without the "OsxAptioFix2Drv-xx.efi" fix, your system might become unstable (random reboots).​

No other files will be needed for the X99-A II board! Note that also kext files like the "VoodooTSCSync.kext" (to enable CPUs with a higher number of cores), the "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext", the "BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext" or the "AppleIntelE1000e.kext" apparently are not required anymore. The configuration files are also valid for the X99-E and X-99 Deluxe II boards (Thanks to @superjunaid, @KevinAGI and @Thireus for their feedback).

2.) Download the latest Version of the Clover Configurator and open ptzulu's "config.plist" file in the /EFI/CLOVER/ directory on the EFI-Paritition of your Sierra system disk.

View attachment 246528

a.) Implement the correct "RT Variables" and "SMBIOS" entries by following "An iDiots's Guide To iMessage" by P1LGRIM.
It works perfectly. Note, that the BooterConfig (0x28) and CsrActiveConfig (0x67) entries remain unchanged.
b.) Select the following "BOOT" options: npci=0x2000
c.) Save the modified config.plist configuration

Optional Audio Configuration

The "kexts" folder of ptzulu contains the VodooHDA.kext which is fully working but apparently results in a low audio gain signal.
If one prefers to change to an audio_cloverALC configuration instead, the following steps have to be considered:

1.) Remove the VodooHDA.kext from the "/clover/kexts/10.12/" folder of the EFI partition of your Sierra system disk.
2.) Download and install "audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command" and "audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command".

With both the VodooHDA and Audio_Clover configuration, the volume of the HDMI output of your Geforce graphic card cannot be directly controlled. I solved the problem by installing some 3rd-party software like Audio Hijack from Rogue Amoeba, which unfortunately does not come for free.

Optional USB Configuration

The "kexts" folder of ptzulu contains the "X99_Injector USB 3.kext". Those, who prefer to work with @RehabMan 's "USBInjectAll.kext" should download the latest version here, copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/.10.12/ directory and remove the "X99_Injector USB 3.kext" from there.

In addition, to increase the USB-Port-limitation under MacOS Sierra, one must add the following entry under KextsToPatch in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" Section of the Clover:

Code:
Name:                  Find:                   Replace:               Comment:                                               MatchOS:

AppleUSBXHCIPCI        83BD74FF FFFF10         83BD74FF FFFF16        change 15 port limit to 20 in XHCI kext (9-series)     10.12

Check, of this entry is already there and if so, whether or not it is correct and complete.

Additional Requirements:

1.) Download and apply the AGDPfix.

View attachment 228921

This is a simple Applescript-app that will back up the AppleGraphicsControl.kex to your desktop in a folder called KextBackUp. It will then patch the /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist for the MacPro6,1 board ID. This ensures that your GPU will not be effected by the MacPro6,1's AMD FirePro device policy that causes your GPU not to send a signal to your monitor at boot. This app is only useful if you are using the MacPro6,1 system definition.

2.) Download and install the latest NVIDIA Web-drivers and reboot as requested.

View attachment 228922

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:clap:You are done - you now have a splendid basic and already fully operational x99/LGA2011-v3 MacOS Sierra Customac-Pro Build :clap:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:idea: M.2 User guide :idea:

View attachment 243204

Below, I summarize the necessary steps to use M.2 SSD-drives with the actual build (Asus X99-A II, Samsung 1 TB EVO 960 M.2 SSD). Many thanks to @beep for his instructions, advises and kind help! :thumbup::clap:

1. You need to have an MacOS running on a regular SSD or HDD
2. Make sure you have the original untouched IONVMeFamily.kext file in S/L/E on system's partition.
3. Download the script from @RehabMan 's github – https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme:

-----------------------
Terminal Command:
-----------------------

Code:
mkdir ~/Projects && cd Projects
git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme.git patch-nvme.git
cd patch-nvme.git

4. Run it with the --spoof parameter and the actual system version as additional parameter (in my case Sierra 10.12.4)

-----------------------
Terminal Command:
-----------------------

Code:
./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_4

5. Copy the created "HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext" (also attached at the end of my guide) into your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 partition or system's S/L/E or L/E.

6. Download the latest version of maciASL – Start maciASL, open a new window and paste the code below. You have to set ACPI 6.1 in MaciASL->Preferences->iASL. The address for nvme device on Asus X99-a II is "_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000"

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "NVMe-Pcc", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    Method (_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
    {
        If (LNot (Arg2))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x03
            })
        }

Return (Package (0x04)
        {
            "class-code",
            Buffer (0x04)
            {
                 0xFF, 0x08, 0x01, 0x00
            },

"built-in",
            Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x00
            }
        })
    }
}

The device address on other systems needs to be found using windows or linux as described in Rehabman's guide.
If you have two nvme disks duplicate the code with the different address of the next device:

Code:
// Inject bogus class-code for NVMe SSD to prevent IONVMeFamily.kext from loading
DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "NVMe-Pcc", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000, DeviceObj)
    Method(_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000._DSM, 4)
    {
        If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
        Return(Package()
        {
            "class-code", Buffer() { 0xff, 0x08, 0x01, 0x00 },
            "built-in", Buffer() { 0 },
        })
    }
    External(_SB.PCI0.BR2A.H000, DeviceObj)
    Method(_SB.PCI0.BR2A.H000._DSM, 4)
    {
        If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
        Return(Package()
        {
            "class-code", Buffer() { 0xff, 0x08, 0x01, 0x00 },
            "built-in", Buffer() { 0 },
        })
    }
}

7. Compile the code and "Save As" the compiled code in "ACPI Machine Language Binary" format. Copy the SSDT file (e.g. nvme-patch.aml, also attached at the end of my guide) to the "/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched" folder of your system's EFI partition. You can name it anyhow since the newest versions of Clover can load SSDT files with different naming.

8.) Reboot... now the nvme m.2 device/s should be visible/available in Apple's Disk Utility. Note that after a system upgrade to a different Sierra version you have to repeat step 4 and 5.

9.) Now you can clone the System to the Nvme drive and use the latter as your new system drive.

For further details please follow the links provided below:

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/
maciASL – https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads

Note: Initially, the 1TB EVO 960 M.2 SSD Drive was recognized by the Asus X99-A II motherboard only after a complete shutdown and subsequent reboot. A firmware update for the 1TB EVO 960 M.2 SSD solved this issue. The Asus X99-A II now is fully compatible with the 1 TB EVO 960 M.2 SSD-drive and the latter is always fully recognized by the system.

View attachment 238576

View attachment 238577

:idea: I7-6950X Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Guide - no sleep/wake yet :idea:

The steps below constitute a sophisticated i7-6950X aka Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) guide, which also is valid for other Broadwell-E or even non-Broadwell-E processors in a more general way. Although sleep/wake issues at present remain (immediate reboot when sent to sleep), XCPM is certainly an important step in the right direction. I am eagerly looking forward to fruitful discussions, extensive feedback and further constructive input not only from experts.

1.) Verify that your System ID is MacPro 6.1

2.) Launch your CloverConfigurator and edit your config.plist

a) Verify that in the "Acpi" Section "Cpu0lst" and "CpuPm" appear under "Drop Tables".
b) Enable in the "Boot" Section also "-xcpm"

View attachment 246530
c) "Kernel and Kext Patches" Section: Verify and add if necessary the "KextsToPatch" entry:

Code:
Name:               Find:                 Replace:                    Comment:                        MatchOS:
IOPCIFamily         4881fb00 000040       4881fb00 000080             X99 Patch by braumbear          10.12

View attachment 243755

This "KextsToPatch" entry is crucial for booting X99 Systems.​

d) "Kernel and Kext Patches" Section: Verify and add if necessary the following "KernelToPatch" entries:

Code:
Find:                                                             Replace:                                                          Comment:                                  MatchOS:
0fb6c483 c0e983f8 47                                              0fb6c483 c0e183f8 47                                              xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha       10.12
554889e5 41574156 41554154 53504189d64189f7 4889fb45 85ff0f84     c39089e5 41574156 41554154 53504189d64189f7 4889fb45 85ff0f84     reboot fix 10.12db8 © Pike R. Alpha       10.12
20b9e200 00000f30                                                 20b9e200 00009090                                                 xcpm_idle patch by Pike R. Alpha          10.12
be070000 0031d2e8 94fcffff                                        be070000 0031d290 90909090                                        xcpm_pkg_scope_msr © Pike R. Alpha        10.12
be020000 0031d2e8 6cfcffff                                        be020000 0031d290 90909090                                        xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha      10.12

In my case, the "KernelToPatch entry

Code:
Find:             Replace:          Comment:                                  MatchOS:
83c3c483 fb22     83c3bc83 fb22     xcpm_bootstrap Sierra © Pike R. Alpha     10.12

breaks "xcpm". I therefore skip this entry for now.

Note that some of the "KernelToPatch" entries are CPU-architecture specific. The above "KernelToPatch" entries are for the Broadwell-E architecture. For other CPU-architectures (Haswell-E, Ivy-Bridge-E) see the respective instructions of Piker-Alpha. Below, for the sake of completeness I provide the deviating "KernelToPatch" entries for Haswell-E and Ivy-Bridge CPU architectures:

Haswell-E:
Code:
Find:                           Replace:                        Comment:                                     MatchOS:
0fb6c483 c0e983f8 47            0fb6c483 c0e683f8 47            xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha          10.12
83c3c483 fb22                   83c3c183 fb22                   xcpm_bootstrap Sierra © Pike R. Alpha        10.12

Ivy-Bridge-E:
Code:
Find:                           Replace:                        Comment:                                     MatchOS:
0fb6c483 c0e983f8 47            0fb6c483 c0e583f8 47            xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha          10.12
83c3c483 fb22                   83c3c283 fb22                   xcpm_bootstrap Sierra © Pike R. Alpha        10.12

It should be emphasized that the "KernelToPatch" entries above are the cornerstone for a working and stable XCPM aka Xnu CPU Power Management. Thus, double check if you have the correct "KernelToPatch" entries for your specific CPU-architecture!

3.) Reboot

4.) Verify with the terminal command "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" if the XCPM mode is now active. If so, "sysctl
machdep.xcpm.mode
" should return "1".

5.) Download Piker-Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh from Github.

6.) Drop ssdtPRGen.sh into a terminal and add the following parameters to also enable turbo frequencies of up to 4000 Mhz.

Code:
./ssdtPRGen.sh -a CPU0 -turbo 4000

Result:

Code:
ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9  Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
             v6.6  Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
             v21.5 Copyright (c) 2013-2017 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

System information: Mac OS X 10.12.4 (16E195)
Brandstring: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6950X CPU @ 3.00GHz"

Override value: (-acpi) label for ACPI Processors, now using 'CPU0'!
Override value: (-turbo) maximum (turbo) frequency, now using: 4000 MHz!

Version: models.cfg v170 / Broadwell.cfg v151

Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'MacPro6,1' with board-id [Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6]
Broadwell Core i7-6950X processor [0x406F1] setup [0x0a02]
With a maximum TDP of 140 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 20 (Core Frequency: 3000 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 10 (3100-4000 MHz)
Number of P-States: 29 (1200-4000 MHz)
Injected C-States for CP00 (C1,C3,C6)
Injected C-States for CP01 (C1,C3,C6)

Compiling: ssdt_pr.dsl
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20140926-64 [Nov  6 2014]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

ASL Input:     /Users/kgp/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.dsl - 466 lines, 13470 bytes, 145 keywords
AML Output:    /Users/kgp/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml - 3694 bytes, 64 named objects, 81 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

ssdtPRGen.sh generates a SDST.aml file in ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/​

7.) Copy the SDST.aml from ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

8.) Reboot

9.) a.) Verify that in the ioRegistryExplorer you have now under CP00@0 the following entry:

Code:
Property:         Type:         Value:
plugin-type       Number        0x1

kextstat|grep -y x86plat​

b.) Verify with the terminal command
Code:
kextstat|grep -y x86plat
that the "X86PlatformPlugin.kext" is now loaded. If the command returns​

Code:
98    1 0xffffff7f82492000 0x17000    0x17000    com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin (1.0.0) 782DA5F5-F9BB-3B75-B40D-EC8EFFCE89A8 <97 96 16 15 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
124    1 0xffffff7f8279c000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.driver.X86PlatformShim (1.0.0) B1D28523-ABFF-37CB-8AE9-5EFA58B86DBB <98 97 96 7 4 3>

you are fine.​

c.) Verify with the terminal command
Code:
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
that you got now rid of the Apple Intel CPU power management. If the result is empty you are fine.​

10.) Download and run Piker-Alpha's freqVectorsEdit.sh to add missing FrequencyVectors to Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist,
which os located in:

Code:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

To do so, you have to choose some other plist-file from the drop-list, like e.g.

Code:
[26] Mac-DB15BD556843C820.plist (iMac17,1)

which does have frequencies already defined.​

Result:

Code:
freqVectorsEdit.sh v3.1 Copyright (c) 2013-2017 by Pike R. Alpha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/freqVectorsEdit.sh/issues <

Available resource files (plists) with FrequencyVectors:

[  1 ] Mac-031B6874CF7F642A.plist (iMac14,1)
[  2 ] Mac-06F11F11946D27C5.plist (MacBookPro11,5)
[  3 ] Mac-06F11FD93F0323C5.plist (MacBookPro11,4)
[  4 ] Mac-189A3D4F975D5FFC.plist (MacBookPro11,1)
[  5 ] Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61.plist (iMac14,2)
[  6 ] Mac-2BD1B31983FE1663.plist (MacBookPro11,3)
[  7 ] Mac-35C1E88140C3E6CF.plist (MacBookAir6,1)
[  8 ] Mac-35C5E08120C7EEAF.plist (Macmini7,1 @ 2700)
[  9 ] Mac-3CBD00234E554E41.plist (MacBookPro11,2)
[ 10 ] Mac-42FD25EABCABB274.plist (iMac15,1)
[ 11 ] Mac-473D31EABEB93F9B.plist (MacBookPro13,1 @ 3100 HWP/3400 HWP)
[ 12 ] Mac-4BFBC784B845591E.plist (Unknown Model)
[ 13 ] Mac-50619A408DB004DA.plist (Unknown Model)
[ 14 ] Mac-65CE76090165799A.plist (iMac17,1)
[ 15 ] Mac-66E35819EE2D0D05.plist (MacBookPro13,2 @ 3300 HWP/3500 HWP/3600 HWP)
[ 16 ] Mac-77EB7D7DAF985301.plist (iMac14,3)
[ 17 ] Mac-7DF21CB3ED6977E5.plist (MacBookAir6,2)
[ 18 ] Mac-81E3E92DD6088272.plist (iMac14,4)
[ 19 ] Mac-937CB26E2E02BB01.plist (MacBookAir7,2 @ 2700/3200)
[ 20 ] Mac-9AE82516C7C6B903.plist (MacBook9,1 @ 2200 HWP/2700 HWP/3100 HWP)
[ 21 ] Mac-9F18E312C5C2BF0B.plist (MacBookAir7,1 @ 2700/3200)
[ 22 ] Mac-A369DDC4E67F1C45.plist (iMac16,1)
[ 23 ] Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C.plist (MacBookPro13,3 @ 3500 HWP/3600 HWP/3800 HWP)
[ 24 ] Mac-B809C3757DA9BB8D.plist (iMac17,1)
[ 25 ] Mac-BE0E8AC46FE800CC.plist (MacBook8,1 @ 2400/2600/2900)
[ 26 ] Mac-DB15BD556843C820.plist (iMac17,1)
[ 27 ] Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6.plist (MacBookPro12,1)
[ 28 ] Mac-F305150B0C7DEEEF.plist (Unknown Model @ 2400/2600/2900)
[ 29 ] Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist (MacPro6,1)
[ 30 ] Mac-FA842E06C61E91C5.plist (iMac15,1)
[ 31 ] Mac-FFE5EF870D7BA81A.plist (iMac16,2)

Please choose the desired plist for your hardware (Exit/1-31) ? 26

Triggering a kernelcache refresh ...

Do you want to open Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist (y/n)? n
Do you want to reboot now? (y/n) n

11.) Reboot

12.) To verify that the new Frequency-Vectors from Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist are now loaded, use the following terminal
command:

Code:
sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count

If "0" is returned, then the FrequencyVectors are still missing or are not being used at present. If everything is ok, the command returns "1".
13.) To verify your new Power Management, download Piker Alpha’s AppleIntelInfo.kext from Github. To compile the code enter
the following terminal commands:

Code:
cd ~/Downloads/AppleIntelInfo-master
xcodebuild
cd build/Release
chmod -R 755 AppleIntelInfo.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelInfo.kext

Load the AppleIntelInfo.kext with "kextutil or kextload" and "cat" the info-results with the following terminal commands:

Code:
sudo kextutil AppleIntelInfo.kext
or
Code:
sudo kextload AppleIntelInfo.kext

Code:
sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat

The amount of enabled power states will then show up in the Terminal window:

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AppleIntelInfo.kext v2.5 Copyright © 2012-2017 Pike R. Alpha. All rights reserved.

Settings:
------------------------------------------
logMSRs..................................: 1
logIGPU..................................: 0
logCStates...............................: 1
logIPGStyle..............................: 1
InitialTSC...............................: 0xd407d28600d (485 MHz)
MWAIT C-States...........................: 8480

Processor Brandstring....................: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6950X CPU @ 3.00GHz

Processor Signature..................... : 0x406F1
 - Family............................... : 6
 - Stepping............................. : 1
 - Model................................ : 0x4F (79)

Model Specific Registers (MSRs)

MSR_CORE_THREAD_COUNT............(0x35)  : 0x0
 - Core Count........................... : 10
 - Thread Count......................... : 20

MSR_PLATFORM_INFO................(0xCE)  : 0x20080C3BF3811E00
 - Maximum Non-Turbo Ratio.............. : 0x1E (3000 MHz)
 - Ratio Limit for Turbo Mode........... : 1 (programmable)
 - TDP Limit for Turbo Mode............. : 1 (programmable)
 - Low Power Mode Support............... : 1 (LPM supported)
 - Number of ConfigTDP Levels........... : 1 (additional TDP level(s) available)
 - Maximum Efficiency Ratio............. : 12
 - Minimum Operating Ratio.............. : 8

MSR_PMG_CST_CONFIG_CONTROL.......(0xE2)  : 0x8400
 - I/O MWAIT Redirection Enable......... : 1 (enabled, IO read of MSR(0xE4) mapped to MWAIT)
 - CFG Lock............................. : 1 (MSR locked until next reset)
 - C3 State Auto Demotion............... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - C1 State Auto Demotion............... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - C3 State Undemotion.................. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - C1 State Undemotion.................. : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - Package C-State Auto Demotion........ : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
 - Package C-State Undemotion........... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)

MSR_PMG_IO_CAPTURE_BASE..........(0xE4)  : 0x10414
 - LVL_2 Base Address................... : 0x414
 - C-state Range........................ : 1 (C6 is the max C-State to include)

IA32_MPERF.......................(0xE7)  : 0xB039222E
IA32_APERF.......................(0xE8)  : 0xB5818B74
MSR_0x150........................(0x150) : 0x92323

MSR_FLEX_RATIO...................(0x194) : 0xE0000

MSR_IA32_PERF_STATUS.............(0x198) : 0x220200002200
 - Current Performance State Value...... : 0x2200 (3400 MHz)

MSR_IA32_PERF_CONTROL............(0x199) : 0x2800
 - Target performance State Value....... : 0x2800 (4000 MHz)
 - Intel Dynamic Acceleration........... : 0 (IDA engaged)

IA32_CLOCK_MODULATION............(0x19A) : 0x0

IA32_THERM_INTERRUPT.............(0x19B) : 0x0

IA32_THERM_STATUS................(0x19C) : 0x88470000
 - Thermal Status....................... : 0
 - Thermal Log.......................... : 0
 - PROCHOT # or FORCEPR# event.......... : 0
 - PROCHOT # or FORCEPR# log............ : 0
 - Critical Temperature Status.......... : 0
 - Critical Temperature log............. : 0
 - Thermal Threshold #1 Status.......... : 0
 - Thermal Threshold #1 log............. : 0
 - Thermal Threshold #2 Status.......... : 0
 - Thermal Threshold #2 log............. : 0
 - Power Limitation Status.............. : 0
 - Power Limitation log................. : 0
 - Current Limit Status................. : 0
 - Current Limit log.................... : 0
 - Cross Domain Limit Status............ : 0
 - Cross Domain Limit log............... : 0
 - Digital Readout...................... : 71
 - Resolution in Degrees Celsius........ : 1
 - Reading Valid........................ : 1 (valid)

MSR_THERM2_CTL...................(0x19D) : 0x0

IA32_MISC_ENABLES................(0x1A0) : 0x840089
 - Fast-Strings......................... : 1 (enabled)
 - FOPCODE compatibility mode Enable.... : 0
 - Automatic Thermal Control Circuit.... : 1 (enabled)
 - Split-lock Disable................... : 0
 - Performance Monitoring............... : 1 (available)
 - Bus Lock On Cache Line Splits Disable : 0
 - Hardware prefetch Disable............ : 0
 - Processor Event Based Sampling....... : 0 (PEBS supported)
 - GV1/2 legacy Enable.................. : 0
 - Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology.. : 0 (disabled)
 - MONITOR FSM.......................... : 1 (MONITOR/MWAIT supported)
 - Adjacent sector prefetch Disable..... : 0
 - CFG Lock............................. : 0 (MSR not locked)
 - xTPR Message Disable................. : 1 (disabled)

MSR_TEMPERATURE_TARGET...........(0x1A2) : 0x640A00
 - Turbo Attenuation Units.............. : 0
 - Temperature Target................... : 100
 - TCC Activation Offset................ : 0

MSR_MISC_PWR_MGMT................(0x1AA) : 0x402000
 - EIST Hardware Coordination........... : 0 (hardware coordination enabled)
 - Energy/Performance Bias support...... : 1
 - Energy/Performance Bias.............. : 0 (disabled/MSR not visible to software)
 - Thermal Interrupt Coordination Enable : 1 (thermal interrupt routed to all cores)

MSR_TURBO_RATIO_LIMIT............(0x1AD) : 0x2222222222222828
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C01.......... : 28 (4000 MHz)
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C02.......... : 28 (4000 MHz)
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C03.......... : 22 (3400 MHz)
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C04.......... : 22 (3400 MHz)
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C05.......... : 22 (3400 MHz)
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C06.......... : 22 (3400 MHz)
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C07.......... : 22 (3400 MHz)
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C08.......... : 22 (3400 MHz)

MSR_TURBO_RATIO_LIMIT1...........(0x1AE) : 0x2222222222222222
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C09.......... : 22 (3400 MHz)
 - Maximum Ratio Limit for C10.......... : 22 (3400 MHz)

IA32_ENERGY_PERF_BIAS............(0x1B0) : 0x0

MSR_POWER_CTL....................(0x1FC) : 0x2904005B
 - Bi-Directional Processor Hot..........: 1 (enabled)
 - C1E Enable............................: 1 (enabled)

MSR_RAPL_POWER_UNIT..............(0x606) : 0xA0E03
 - Power Units.......................... : 3 (1/8 Watt)
 - Energy Status Units.................. : 14 (61 micro-Joules)
 - Time Units .......................... : 10 (976.6 micro-Seconds)

MSR_PKG_POWER_LIMIT..............(0x610) : 0x7FFF80015FFF8
 - Package Power Limit #1............... : 4095 Watt
 - Enable Power Limit #1................ : 1 (enabled)
 - Package Clamping Limitation #1....... : 1 (allow going below OS-requested P/T state during Time Window for Power Limit #1)
 - Time Window for Power Limit #1....... : 10 (2560 milli-Seconds)
 - Package Power Limit #2............... : 4095 Watt
 - Enable Power Limit #2................ : 1 (enabled)
 - Package Clamping Limitation #2....... : 1 (allow going below OS-requested P/T state setting Time Window for Power Limit #2)
 - Time Window for Power Limit #2....... : 3 (20 milli-Seconds)
 - Lock................................. : 0 (MSR not locked)

MSR_PKG_ENERGY_STATUS............(0x611) : 0x26052CB
 - Total Energy Consumed................ : 2433 Joules (Watt = Joules / seconds)

MSR_PKGC3_IRTL...................(0x60a) : 0x0
MSR_PKGC6_IRTL...................(0x60b) : 0x0
MSR_PKG_C2_RESIDENCY.............(0x60d) : 0x0
MSR_PKG_C3_RESIDENCY.............(0x3f8) : 0x0
MSR_PKG_C2_RESIDENCY.............(0x60d) : 0x0
MSR_PKG_C6_RESIDENCY.............(0x3f9) : 0x0

IA32_TSC_DEADLINE................(0x6E0) : 0xD4080923AA7

CPU Ratio Info:
Base Clock Frequency (BLCK)............. : 100 MHz
Maximum Efficiency Ratio/Frequency.......: 12 (1200 MHz)
Maximum non-Turbo Ratio/Frequency........: 30 (3000 MHz)
Maximum Turbo Ratio/Frequency............: 40 (4000 MHz)
P-State ratio * 100 = Frequency in MHz
CPU P-States [ (12) 28 34 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 6 7 8 9 11 13 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 25 28 34 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 4 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 16 18 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 25 26 28 34 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 4 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 16 18 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 25 26 28 31 (34) ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 25 26 28 30 31 34 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 25 26 27 28 30 31 34 (35) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 (34) 35 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 ]
States [ 12 24 25 26 29 30 31 33 (34) 35 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 24 25 26 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 24 25 26 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 22 24 25 26 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 21 22 24 25 26 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 (35) ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 21 22 23 24 25 26 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 (40) ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To unload the AppleIntelInfo.kext, enter the terminal command:

Code:
sudo kextunload AppleIntelInfo.kext

Current literature:

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/xcpm-for-unsupported-processor/
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/xnu-cpu-power-management/
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/12/20/macpro61-smbios-data/
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/AppleIntelInfo
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/freqVectorsEdit.sh
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-x99-broadwell-e-family-and-haswell-e-family/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-full-power-management-w-dual-single-broadwell-ep-haswell-ep-cpus-on-10-12.204468/
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314378-1012-pb-haswell-e-clover-kernel-patching-for-xcpm/
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues/261
http://osxarena.com/2016/04/guide-native-power-management-for-hackintosh-or-how-to-generatecreate-ssdt/
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandyivy-bridgehaswell-cpus/

:idea: Overclocking :idea:

1.) The entire guide above assumes stock speeds = OoB (out-of-box...running as-is right out of the box). For Overclocking,
apply the following BIOS settings (thanks to @Thireus for his valuable inputs):

Code:
- AI overclock Tuner: XMP
- BLCK Frequency: 100 Mhz
- CPU Core Ratio: Sync All Cores
- Core Ratio: 42

A BLCK Frequency of 100 Mhz leads to the best NVMe performance. The core ratio of 42 corresponds to 4.2 Ghz overclocking.​

2.) Re-run

Code:
./ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4200 -x 1

Copy the modified SDST.aml from ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and reboot.

:idea: Results / Benchmark Scores :idea:

Intel(R) Power Gadget:

View attachment 244167

Geekbench-4.1 Scores:

View attachment 246113

View attachment 246114

View attachment 246116

Cinebench R15.0:

View attachment 245686

AJA Disk Speed Benchmark:

View attachment 246031

Black Magic Disk Speed Test 3.0:

View attachment 244822

:idea: Latest News: :idea:

:thumbup: Sierra 10.12.4 working without problems! :thumbup:

I you are still running 10.12.3, simply perform the following steps:

1) Download and install the latest Clover distribution. Check after clover installation, that "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi" is the
only "OsxAptioFix.."-file in your /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/ directory.
2) In the web driver menu, change from "web driver" to "OS X default graphics driver".
3) Download the MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 update from the App-Store.
4) Reboot as requested (only in case that you encounter problems with the graphic card, boot just once with the
boot-flag: nv_disable=1)
5) All Nvme Users: Download the latest version of "patch-nvme-master" from https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme.
Run patch_nvmw.sh with the --spoof parameter and the actual system version as additional parameter (Sierra 10.12.4):

-----------------------
Terminal Command:
-----------------------

Code:
./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_4

Copy the "HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext" (also attached at the bottom of my guide) into your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12
partition or system's S/L/E or L/E. Remove the former "HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext"
6) Apply once more the AGDPfix!
7) Download and Install the latest NVIDIA Web Drivers.
8) Reboot as requested and you are done! Now you are running MacOs Sierra 10.12.4!

The same procedure might also apply for all upcoming MacOS Sierra updates. However, better await respective confirmations. Don't forget to create a clone of your system-disk before performing any update or modification! The famous quote "never touch a running system" is still valid to some point :lol:.

To do so, clone your system SSD with CarbonCopyCloner. :thumbup: However, the EFI partition on the clone-drive you will have to create manually by means of Clover subsequently, in order to have a boot-able clone-drive. :idea: Don't forget afterwards to replace the "congif.plist", "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12/" and "/EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI/" directories on your clone-drive with those of the EFI partition on your system-disk. Generally, to create the EFI partition on the Clone-drive, you can just follow once more my guide above. :idea: It is the same procedure as described for the boot-medium creation or post-installation procedure. ;) By this, your clone-drive will identically behave to your system-disk and you can directly replace it in case of problems or repair the system-disk by restoring the backup from your clone drive. By the latter procedure, the EFI partition of the system-disk will remain untouched. Also the EFI partition on your clone-drive just has to be created once! Subsequent updates of clover have to be installed to each of the EFI partitions separately. Always keep your clone-drive up-to-date and frequently clone your system-disk! Good luck! :thumbup:

:headbang: And further amazing latest news my friends :headbang:
:thumbup: Nvidia finally released Web-drivers with Pascal support 378.05.05.05f01 :thumbup:

As stated above, I already purchased the Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G (GV-N108TAORUS X-11GD), which will be available by end of April 2017 and finally replace my GeForce GTX 980 TI.

View attachment 247533

;)Famous Last Words, Summary and Conclusion:;)

I am a scientist, expert in solar physics, space weather forecast and related telescope/instrument/space-mission development. In the frame of my scientific research, I developed parallelized image reconstruction, spectral line inversion and numerical modeling algorithms/applications, which require tremendous parallelized calculation power, ram memory and storage capacities to reduce, analyze and interpret extensive and pioneering scientific ground-based or space-born observational data sets. This basically was also the professional motivation for my build. Anybody interested can find more details on my personal webpage.

I think my thread implements both, hardware build and installation guide at the same time. I am sure that this high-end build might find manifold application, not only in science and research at universities or research institutions, engineering facilities, or medical labs, etc.. The principal intention of my thread however was to demonstrate, that we are able to build and configure a stable and relatively "low-cost" high-end system nowadays, that goes far beyond of what Apple is able to offer or will be ever able to offer for some reasonable pricing. A system based on X99, that allows the use of all software-packages developed for MacOS, Unix, Linux or even Windows at the same time (e.g. think on Vine, Parallels, or a dual boot system configurations). The flexibility between different boards (Asus, Gigabyte, etc.), processor models (e.g. 6800K, 6850K, 6900K, 6950X) and Ram Memory (16-128GB) makes it affordable for anybody (also home office, video editing, etc.) and allows its perfect adaptation for the specific purpose and requirement. I am using my system on a daily basis. The system is running 24/7/365 and is absolutely stable. There are no issues at all with sleep/wake disabled at present. :thumbup:

In my opinion, X99 definitely deserves to be recognized by Tonymacx's buyer's guide, specifically when addressing possible Customac-Pro or Customac High-End configurations.

I am very willing to provide further benchmarking for its ultimate configuration if desired by the community. Additional results can be easily added towards the end of my guide without large additional efforts. I kindly invite all users with similar or different X99 configurations to provide their feedback on my guide and thread, although also many non-x99 boarders will be able to take profit of major parts of my guide. Of course, also their feedback is warmly welcome.

In an case many thanks for recognizing my thread on Tonymacx86 and all the support I received in the meanwhile!

It is a personal pleasure to be part of Tonymacx86! :clap::clap::clap:

:thumbup:!! Good Luck with my guide!!:thumbup:
View attachment 228925

:thumbup:!! Good Luck with my guide !!:thumbup:
t

t
Most of the hardware is the same, so (famous last words) it should work. Your only sticking point is going to be audio. All bets are off there. You may have to search elsewhere (google it) for rampage based audio help.

Kevin

t

Most of the hardware is the same, so (famous last words) it should work. Your only sticking point is going to be audio. All bets are off there. You may have to search elsewhere (google it) for rampage based audio help.

Kevin

@morganb, I would agree with @KevinAGI, especially after reading this guide of @Hans88, who also does not mention any problem with audio (REALTEK ALC 1150). Just give it a try and report whether or not you succeeded in the end with my guide.

@Hans88, you mention and discuss sleep/wake support for USB and NVMe. Does this also work with Sierra 10.12? Although using xcmp, my system just reboots when send to sleep. Is USB and NVMe sleep/wake what I am missing at present to successfully sleep/wake my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back