Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KevinAGI and @kgp. Thanks I will try tonight.

I have seen the guide from Hans and I floundered with it fairly early on, even with the correct CPUID. Got the familiar power management panic and so nullcpupowermanagement got me further but ultimately just kept getting reboots so I'm not mad confident about that one. I'm assuming that it was just because I have a different chip. Will report back into this thread.

Last edited:
:D:D OSXWIFI PC/Hackintosh - Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe Adapter finally arrived today after a journey of more than 3 weeks from US! :D:D

osxwifi.png

:headbang: Works absolutely flawless! :headbang:

• Native MacOS-support! :thumbup:
  • Native Airdrop support! :thumbup:
  • Native Handoff support! :thumbup:
  • Supports Bluetooth keyboard in BIOS/UEFI or Clover Boot Loader! :thumbup:
For those with a dual-boot system, please find the Windows 10 drivers attached to my originating post.

:clap: Thanks to @dasboot5 for this excellent advice. :clap:

Last edited:
Well, I've got it to the installer screen which is an absolute first. Just clearing down an SSD while I wait. One thing I noticed is that removing the CSM feature stops my windows 10 from launching. Can I just reactivate this after install? How necessary is it?

Well, I've got it to the installer screen which is an absolute first. Just clearing down an SSD while I wait. One thing I noticed is that removing the CSM feature stops my windows 10 from launching. Can I just reactivate this after install? How necessary is it?

Do you run UEFI Windows, which is a must in this case? For me disabling the CSM feature was no show stopper. No issues with Windows 10 at all!

Yeah it's on a nvme stick. No joy. It's CSM or bust.

What's likely to happen if I install with it on?

Doesn't this imply that I have installed Windows 10 as Legacy???

I set it to auto and w10 works let's see if it works for install for sierra.

What a tool :(

Do you run UEFI Windows, which is a must in this case? For me disabling the CSM feature was no show stopper. No issues with Windows 10 at all!

Last edited:
Yeah it's on a nvme stick. No joy. It's CSM or bust.

What's likely to happen if I install with it on?

Doesn't this imply that I have installed Windows 10 as Legacy???

I set it to auto and w10 works let's see if it works for install for sierra.

What a tool :(

CSM just messes around with the bootable disks. I would disable it in any case. If you have Windows 10 as Legacy, it will not show up in the UEFI Clover Boot Loader. How you want then to choose the system to boot with? Always from BIOS?

In any case I would forget about windows for now and center first on the X99 sierra installation, which is actually also topic of this thread.

:D:D OSXWIFI PC/Hackintosh - Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe Adapter finally arrived today after a journey of more than 3 weeks from US! :D:D

View attachment 247750

:headbang: Works absolutely flawless! :headbang:

• Native MacOS-support! :thumbup:
  • Native Airdrop support! :thumbup:
  • Native Handoff support! :thumbup:
  • Supports Bluetooth keyboard in BIOS/UEFI or Clover Boot Loader! :thumbup:
For those with a dual-boot system, please find the Windows 10 drivers attached to my originating post.

:clap: Thanks to @dasboot5 for this excellent advice. :clap:
Ahh! I forgot the A II has no WiFi. For Everyone else the Deluxe II WiFi Bluetooth works out of the box with this guide.

Kevin

Ahh! I forgot the A II has no WiFi. For Everyone else the Deluxe II WiFi Bluetooth works out of the box with this guide.

Kevin

Does it also support native Airdrop and Handoff? That was not clear to me so far. Bluetooth keyboard support for BIOS and Clover Boot Loader might be anyway also supported OoB with the Deluxe II, right?

Last edited:
@morganb, I would agree with @KevinAGI, especially after reading this guide of @Hans88, who also does not mention any problem with audio (REALTEK ALC 1150). Just give it a try and report whether or not you succeeded in the end with my guide.

@Hans88, you mention and discuss sleep/wake support for USB and NVMe. Does this also work with Sierra 10.12? Although using xcmp, my system just reboots when send to sleep. Is USB and NVMe sleep/wake what I am missing at present to successfully sleep/wake my system?
The Guide KGP referenced has a name at the top he thanks that is not on this board that is where the audio and another guide can be found.

Kevin

Hmm, well @kgp it seems to have worked out OK, including iMessage etc until I put the GTX 980 driver in, now Ive got a black screen. So got to fix that. Not done USB or Audio yet but otherwise looking good. CPU shows up as a 6 core Xeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back