Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what you said earlier:

I removed the generated ssdt.aml with ssdtPRGen about 6 hours ago and rebooted. I have also launched several Geekbench tests (which used to cause crashes). No more crash so far, 6h of uptime. Let's see if it lasts until tomorrow. If it does I would be quite confident to say that the generated ssdt.aml was the cause of the issue.

Cheers.

:thumbup: Now everything is clear to me. At present, the use of an ssdt.aml generated with ssdtPRGen results in an unstable system and causes frequent reboots. I clearly mention this fact in my I7-6950X Power Management guide in the originating post, which is optional, for test purposes and not required or recommended at all.

Last edited:
@kgp
btw...
here is my/Rehabman's ssdt code for nvme, no need to delete IONVMeFamily.kext with this:
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "NVMe-Pcc", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    Method (_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
    {
        If (LNot (Arg2))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x03                                       
            })
        }

Return (Package (0x04)
        {
            "class-code",
            Buffer (0x04)
            {
                 0xFF, 0x08, 0x01, 0x00                     
            },

"built-in",
            Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x00                                       
            }
        })
    }
}

Just make sure you generate the hacked HackrNVMeFamily file using Rehabman's script with "spoof" parameter:
Code:
./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_x

Hi beep, can you explain to the unexperienced users step by step how to derive from your/Rehabman's SSDT code for nvme quoted above a fully working SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml? Also Rehabman's Guide is not very explicit regarding the individual steps.

Many thanks in advance and cheers!

Hey there.

I just wanted to report that I fixed most of my issues for my x99-Deluxe II + i7-6950x.

Things that I've done:

• Switched to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/) --> That also resolved my random reboot issues. Another user had the same random reboot issues, that seemed to be the correct fix for him too. So my random reboots were not due to my ssdt.aml file (still related to it though as in it made them appear more frequently which makes sense), but because of the memory allocated to PCIe devices.
  • Enabled XCPM, so now I can say goodbye to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/xcpm-for-unsupported-processor/). That didn't require a lot of patching to make it work btw.
  • Reset my BIOS settings to default, just made sure to disable CSM (which was reenabled somehow after first reboot but in a compatible configuration apparently) <-- yep, I can boot MacOS with everything but CSM set to default in the BIOS \o/
  • Generated SSDT with adequate turbo value (./ssdtPRGen.sh -a CPU0 -turbo <TURBOVALUEHERE>)
  • Overclocked my CPU a little with AI tweaker (the overclock of the noob :p), which gave me 4.3 Ghz in turbo boost.
Results are shown here: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2123329

System seems stable so far. :)

Last edited:
Hey there.

I just wanted to report that I fixed most of my issues for my x99-Deluxe II + i7-6950x.

Things that I've done:

• Switched to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/) --> That also resolved my random reboot issues. Another user had the same random reboot issues, that seemed to be the correct fix for him too. So my random reboots were not due to my ssdt.aml file (still related to it though as in it made them appear more frequently which makes sense), but because of the memory allocated to PCIe devices.
  • Enabled XCPM, so now I can say goodbye to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/xcpm-for-unsupported-processor/). That didn't require a lot of patching to make it work btw.
  • Reset my BIOS settings to default, just made sure to disable CSM (which was reenabled somehow after first reboot but in a compatible configuration apparently) <-- yep, I can boot MacOS with everything but CSM set to default in the BIOS \o/
  • Generated SSDT with adequate turbo value (./ssdtPRGen.sh -a CPU0 -turbo <TURBOVALUEHERE>)
  • Overclocked my CPU a little with AI tweaker (the overclock of the noob :p), which gave me 4.3 Ghz in turbo boost.
Results are shown here: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2123329

System seems stable so far. :)

:thumbup:
1.) How did you enable XCPM? Can you provide a step by step guide here? Pikeralpha's post appears quite confusing to me...
2.) Which turbovalue did you use for generating the SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh? 4.3 or 4?

1. This is yet something I'm working on. I'll provide instructions once complete. But yes his post is hardcore. I still need to figure out which frequency vector to use.
  2. Initially 4000 because that's the i7-6950x default one, then I used 4284 (the one displayed in my BIOS after OC).

Great work on the power management. Can't wait for the guide!

Did you use Giacomopardo's guide on Thunderbolt? Did you install the card in the same slot as he recommended? Did you do anything outside of the guide? Like load anything special in your clover directories?

@unclejed75: So, can I assume you used the ThunderboltEX 2 card and not the new ThunderboltEX 3 card?

@kgp
btw...
here is my/Rehabman's ssdt code for nvme, no need to delete IONVMeFamily.kext with this:
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "NVMe-Pcc", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    Method (_SB.PCI0.BR1B.H000._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
    {
        If (LNot (Arg2))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x03                                       
            })
        }

Return (Package (0x04)
        {
            "class-code",
            Buffer (0x04)
            {
                 0xFF, 0x08, 0x01, 0x00                     
            },

"built-in",
            Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x00                                       
            }
        })
    }
}

Just make sure you generate the hacked HackrNVMeFamily file using Rehabman's script with "spoof" parameter:
Code:
./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_x

Beep, there must be some error in your ssdt code for nvme. MaciASL complains: Line 1, code 6126, syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITIONBLOCK and premature End-of-file

Can you check and comment on that?

Many thanks in advance

1. This is yet something I'm working on. I'll provide instructions once complete. But yes his post is hardcore. I still need to figure out which frequency vector to use.
  2. Initially 4000 because that's the i7-6950x default one, then I used 4284 (the one displayed in my BIOS after OC).

Thireus, one more question. One of ptzulu's files seems to patch the IOPCIFamily.kext for the 5960X. See the pic below.

clover.png

Does this interfere with the SSDT for the 6950X generated with ssdtPRGen? Can the 5960X patch be removed? If so, how to remove it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back