Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
a.) Some of your kexts are outdated. Use:
Lilu.kext 1.2.1
AppleALC.kext 1.2.1
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.1
Remove NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext, Shiki.kext and SmallTreeIntel82576.kext (maybe also BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext?)

Remove folders: 10.13, mix, Other!
b.) Revise /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

c.) Remove all USB related DSDT Replacement patches from config.plist (EHC, SATA, XHC, XOSI)!

d.) Remove graphics entries in "Boot Graphics"

e.) Remove "Frequency" and "QPI" entry and verify "Type" entry in Section "CPU"...

f.) If possible, uncheck "NvidiaWeb" in Section "System Parameters"

g.) Remove folder mix in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/

Good luck!

thank you for your help.
i have followed your suggestion, upgraded the kext but nothing changed.
then I tried disabling above 4g decoding in bios, and everything now is working!!!
i have the Nvidia 780ti.
but what the hell, why above 4g decoding (that is gpu related) makes my usb not working??

thank you for your help.
i have followed your suggestion, upgraded the kext but nothing changed.
then I tried disabling above 4g decoding in bios, and everything now is working!!!
i have the Nvidia 780ti.
but what the hell, why above 4g decoding (that is gpu related) makes my usb not working??

I rather think it was the removal of USB related DSDT patches, which made your USB working..

i was thinking so.
and I tried. but it doesn't work.
the magical thing is disabling above 4g decoding, in my case.
hope it helps other people here.
thank you, as usual, for your support

Just finished a successful Sierra 10.12.6 installation without issues! Thanks A LOT for the very detailed guide!
The wifi worked just fine from the beginning of the istallation (MoBo: asus x99 deluxe ii) so no extra wifi card needed, the nvidia drivers also works great, and the audio tweaking using the voodoo method had no issues changing the volume from the keyboard (not original Apple Keyboard, I have a logitech K270.)
Not yet tweaked the thunderbolt issues or cpu power management, it's the next step.
Thanks a lot again and keep exploring the universe!

PS:
here is my full build for anyone interested.
Broadwell-E i7-6850K (6-core) / Asus X99 Deluxe II / Asus Strix ROG GTX1070
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Gb (4x8) DDR4 2400MHz / AIO Corsair Hydro H80i v2 / EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2
Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb / 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB / Case Corsair Carbide 400Q / Dell U2718Q 4K 27"

Reactions: kgp
I'm writing this message on my new build!
ASUS X99-A II
Intel i7 6850K
32GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3200
Samsung 850 Pro SSD (500GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC
ASUS ThunderboltEX-II Dual card

Right now, this is running "stock" - no OC, no PM, etc. Just installed macOS 10.12.3, and followed @kgp 's instructions to the letter (bravo & thanks again!). The only apps I've installed are Chrome browser, Geekbench 4.x, and Intel Power Gadget. Check out my GB scores running stock on the 6850K:

Hey all. Checking in to report my successes today. First off thanks again Kgp, BoomR, and everyone else for the guidance so far. This was not only my first Hackintosh, but also my first time building a PC (with help of a local friend). So while I'm a noob to why things are working out well, I'm happy they seem good so far.

I quote post 332 by BoomR as this is the closest specs to my system and it seems to provide a decent reference point for my own Geekbench.
My system is:

Asus X99 Deluxe II
i7 6850k
Samsung 960 evo M.2
32GB G Skill Trident z 3200 DDR4 (2x16) RUN IN DUAL
Gigabyte 1060 6Gb
Included Thunderbolt EX 3 Card
Vantec Firewire 800/400 PCIe

My RAM was operating at a lower 2133 MHz, prior to enabling "XMPDetection=YES" in boot section of clover configurator & enabling XMP in BIOS. But this prevented a successful boot, so I went back to BIOS and disabled XMP as well as the corresponding "XMPDetection" in boot section of clover configurator.
However, now that I've returned to previous configuration, my RAM is now showing at 3200 MHz and my Geekbench 4 score is significantly better.

QUESTION 1)
Can anyone explain why / how / if I should be getting XMP RAM speeds when I disabled such settings?

Definitely not complaining, but I thought I had to enable the mentioned settings to achieve this. Here are pics of my 'before' and 'after' XMP adjustments, but keep in mind these are both with identical BIOS & config.plist! The 'after' pic is simply after doing an enable-disable-reboot proces in both BIOS and clover configurator.

Before (2133 MHz)
Geekbench_RAM @ Stock.png

After (3200 MHz)
Geekbench_RAM @ 3200.png

Also, some variables from BoomR's system to mine are that I'm on the nearly identical Deluxe II, not A II, and my RAM is the G SKILL as recommended by Kgp. BUT, one way I deviated was by using dual 16 Gb sticks instead of 4 sticks in Quad mode. Lastly I'm running 10.12.6 from a Samsung 960 evo which is a bump up from the 850 evo. And who knows if this months current BIOS update played a part in any of the results below.

So aside from my query about how I got the performance boost with the simple 'enable-disable' XMP action, I'm wondering:

2) why the improved score from BoomR's Geekbench? Are my said variables of that much significance?

Lastly I'll just report that:
a) my Thunderbolt 3 EX card worked WITHOUT doing any driver stuff in Windows.
b) And same for the FW 800/400 PCIe, it just worked Oob, and it's hot swapping fine with my Motu 8pre FW audio interface.

3) Is a) & b) precedented? I thought I'd have to do much more to enable this kind of FW and TB3 functionality!! Again not a complaint, this is great...but confusing.

Cheers
J-C

Not yet tweaked the thunderbolt issues or cpu power management, it's the next step.
Looks like we have the same mobo & CPU!
I can report that my Thunderbolt didn't work in PCIe slot 5 (in fact enabling it on slot 5 prevented Sierra from booting), but it worked in slot 4 given that you follow directions to enable in BIOS. While I got TB functionality without doing any driver activation process in Windows (as is advised), in Sierra I am unable to see stats in system report/ Thunderbolt; it simply says "no drivers are loaded". However it works but possibly I'm missing something?

@invadesign, Voodoo worked for me too for onboard audio but still resulted in low signal level. Do you have a way to check if you're signal is proper loudness? Apparently Kgp had this method working "flawlessly" so I'm wondering if the variable here is that I'm on newer BIOS version or the fact that I'm on Deluxe II, not A II. If your audio is proper level on your Deluxe II, then perhaps Voodoo could work for me as well and I simply need to perform a proper config.

Last edited:
Looks like we have the same mobo & CPU!
I can report that my Thunderbolt didn't work in PCIe slot 5 (in fact enabling it on slot 5 prevented Sierra from booting), but it worked in slot 4 given that you follow directions to enable in BIOS. While I got TB functionality without doing any driver activation process in Windows (as is advised), in Sierra I am unable to see stats in system report/ Thunderbolt; it simply says "no drivers are loaded". However it works but possibly I'm missing something?

@invadesign, Voodoo worked for me too for onboard audio but still resulted in low signal level. Do you have a way to check if you're signal is proper loudness? Apparently Kgp had this method working "flawlessly" so I'm wondering if the variable here is that I'm on newer BIOS version or the fact that I'm on Deluxe II, not A II. If your audio is proper level on your Deluxe II, then perhaps Voodoo could work for me as well and I simply need to perform a proper config.

I think you are right about the signal level. I will compare it with the levels on my iMac, but I think it's lower. I'll try one of the other methods mentioned in the guide and let you know. If you find a solution sooner than me, please share. :)

In the Thunderbolt card have you tested the transfer speeds? Is it working at its full potential when placed at PCIe slot 4 without any drivers installed on Sierra?

In the Thunderbolt card have you tested the transfer speeds? Is it working at its full potential when placed at PCIe slot 4 without any drivers installed on Sierra?
I'd like to test it but the fastest peripheral I have is a G-Drive mobile USB-C. The drive was getting it's max transfer rates in Blackmagic however it's only a fraction of the cards potential.
Any suggestions how to test the bandwidth? Any benchmarks besides Blackmagic disk speed?

Are these normal signatures for idle frequency for i7 6850k?
Idle mostly reported at 1.20, but getting consistent spikes to 4.0 and above!
Something tells me XCPM may not be behaving properly...

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 3.34.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 3.32.01 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back