Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry not using an m2 drive. I have a standard SATA SSD drive. I have not changed anything just showed up after a reboot

Kevin

Sorry not using an m2 drive. I have a standard SATA SSD drive. I have not changed anything just showed up after a reboot

Kevin

Strange

hi,
Just to letting you know, after more than one week without the PMDRrvr.kext I never suffered of any random reboots. That's confirm my issue came from this kext. The system is very stable like that and everything working well with my configuration :
- Asus Sabertooth X99
- i7 6950X
- 64GB Ram
- M2 and SSD Drives
- 2x GTX 1080 MSI Gaming X

Thanks again for you great guide and if one day you hear for a solution about PMDrvr.kext please tell me !

Reactions: kgp
Looks like you will have to remove PMDrvr.kext anyway. Thus, you can also forget about the four KernelToPatch entries. They are linked to both sleep/wake issues and PMDrvr.kext.

hi kgp!
thank you for all your efforts and for this fantastic guide!
i have a full working system following your guide.
hardware: 5930k haswell-e and rampage V extreme with bios unlocked.

2 question please: I'm using my hack with eist disabled (so not using pmdrv.kext). I need sleep-wake so I put the voodootsync for my 6 core cpu.
do I need even to add the 4 sammler kernel to patch entries?

other question: my power management is working but intel power gadget shows me a 0,59w IA power draw, that is obviously incorrect. how can I fix this?

hi kgp!
thank you for all your efforts and for this fantastic guide!
i have a full working system following your guide.
hardware: 5930k haswell-e and rampage V extreme with bios unlocked.

2 question please: I'm using my hack with eist disabled (so not using pmdrv.kext). I need sleep-wake so I put the voodootsync for my 6 core cpu.
do I need even to add the 4 sammler kernel to patch entries?

other question: my power management is working but intel power gadget shows me a 0,59w IA power draw, that is obviously incorrect. how can I fix this?

a.) well try any of the possibilities/combinations mentioned in my sleep/wake guide. I hope you are able to succeed
b.) you have to disable the XMP profile in the mobo BIOS. There is not other solution. It is a well known problem without appropriate solution.

a.) well try any of the possibilities/combinations mentioned in my sleep/wake guide. I hope you are able to succeed
b.) you have to disable the XMP profile in the mobo BIOS. There is not other solution. It is a well known problem without appropriate solution.

a)ok, for me sleep is working simply adding voodotsyc, without additional patches.
b) I found out that it's not strictly related to rpm profile, but with ram speed set in bios. if you set it to auto, intel power gadget shows correct values

one more question please:
with Geekbench 4.1 and 10.12.5 Sierra, I can not complete any of the compute test. cud test, OpenCL and even metal test are crashing. what about you?
I've seen that you did metal test correctly. what could be wrong on my rig?
I'm using gtx 1080.

ps have you got hdmi audio working?

a)ok, for me sleep is working simply adding voodotsyc, without additional patches.
b) I found out that it's not strictly related to rpm profile, but with ram speed set in bios. if you set it to auto, intel power gadget shows correct values

one more question please:
with Geekbench 4.1 and 10.12.5 Sierra, I can not complete any of the compute test. cud test, OpenCL and even metal test are crashing. what about you?
I've seen that you did metal test correctly. what could be wrong on my rig?
I'm using gtx 1080.

ps have you got hdmi audio working?

d.) For the cuda test you have to install the cuda drivers I guess. OpenCL also did not work in my case. CPU and metal test yes...
e.) Yes I have HDMI audio working... Just follow my Audio Configuration 2.): AppleALC - Optional Audio Configuration I

d.) For the cuda test you have to install the cuda drivers I guess. OpenCL also did not work in my case. CPU and metal test yes...
e.) Yes I have HDMI audio working... Just follow my Audio Configuration 2.): AppleALC - Optional Audio Configuration I

i have followed your audio guide. I have audio trough display port to cdmi or trough display port to display port but not from cdmi to hdmi.
Toleda said that it's because of new Nvidia pascal drivers.

regarding cuda, it seems that Geekbench and Nvidia are working on it...from last year without results

edit:regarding metal benchmark, on both of my Hackintosh, with 10.12.5 and latest nvidia web driver, metal benchmark crashes with Geekbench 4.1. I have a gtx 1080 and a gtx 1080ti

Last edited:
So, 10.12.5 update, new web driver and now can't make macOS to boot with a web driver. It defaults to "default OS" and if reboot after setting up web driver, it boots to a black screen going standy by.

Nothing has changed in the config except the update to .5 and a new web driver itself offered.

As expected: it simply required AGDPfix again. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back