Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @kgp,

after working with the new system there is one little issue left: Although I've followed detailed your very good description of the "UEFI BIOS Hack" (with success) the sleep mode doesn't really work. The Screens coming back after a while, but Mouse and Keyboard are not working and the system freezes (Beachball). The final Result is a reboot.
Ok, is not vital for me (I set "sleep Mode" = Off and the Screen sleeping works fine for me), but can I do something about it?

Thanks in advance!

By the way: Congratulations for that really really good manual. Without your description I would never have done it:)

Hi @kgp,

after working with the new system there is one little issue left: Although I've followed detailed your very good description of the "UEFI BIOS Hack" (with success) the sleep mode doesn't really work. The Screens coming back after a while, but Mouse and Keyboard are not working and the system freezes (Beachball). The final Result is a reboot.
Ok, is not vital for me (I set "sleep Mode" = Off and the Screen sleeping works fine for me), but can I do something about it?

Thanks in advance!

By the way: Congratulations for that really really good manual. Without your description I would never have done it:)

If it does not work with my instructions, I am not really able to help in this issue at present.... :rolleyes:

Hi @kgp,

Thank you so much for your absolutely fantastic support
as the newbe I'm started today with my first challange to do the BIOS hack without the solution you describe:

my first intention was it is a new bios version, so I tried the 1504 too with same results
get always the same return: "patches.txt file not found or can't be read"
is there any missunderstanding on my side?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi @kgp,

Thank you so much for your absolutely fantastic support
as the newbe I'm started today with my first challange to do the BIOS hack without the solution you describe:

my first intention was it is a new bios version, so I tried the 1504 too with same results
get always the same return: "patches.txt file not found or can't be read"
is there any missunderstanding on my side?

Thanks in advance

you need to have the patches.txt, UEFIPatch and cab file in the same directory! That's all...

START.png
Hi, @kgp

Sorry does'nt work ;)
Had the idea that it only work as "admin" but same results.

but today I've to say "THANK YOU SOOO MUCH" for your great manual!

Known and feared by my friends as "Petertester" (a word game with the test of a beta release and my first name), I am a special talent for finding all mistakes! Your instructions are hereby approved by your "Petertester". Of course, after the first attempt with an update I ruined the installation in 10.12.4 . However, a very stable system has been created again when the path is run on Pathclevel 10.12.5 exactly after your instructions! More in my build report. Thanks again for this extraordinary achievement for us "HackIntosh-Freaks"!

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
View attachment 259519 Hi, @kgp

Sorry does'nt work ;)
Had the idea that it only work as "admin" but same results.

but today I've to say "THANK YOU SOOO MUCH" for your great manual!

Known and feared by my friends as "Petertester" (a word game with the test of a beta release and my first name), I am a special talent for finding all mistakes! Your instructions are hereby approved by your "Petertester". Of course, after the first attempt with an update I ruined the installation in 10.12.4 . However, a very stable system has been created again when the path is run on Pathclevel 10.12.5 exactly after your instructions! More in my build report. Thanks again for this extraordinary achievement for us "HackIntosh-Freaks"!

a) It must work!

b) Thanks for your flowers and the "Petertester" approval! :lol: However, please do not reproduce or copy parts of my guide in the thread you just opened, which apparently still is under construction: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/peters-dschi5-build.223931/#post-1520342. All implementations based on my guide should be properly cited from the very beginning. ;)

Many thanks in advance,

KGP

Hi KGP,

With this (your) performance it is self-evident! A short question only: Should I mention the instructions and their authors, which you refered again in my build and thank them, or is that already done with the link on your thread? (As an example: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/)

Many thanks again and again and ...
My "dschi5" performs unbelievable !!!

Peter

Hi KGP,

With this (your) performance it is self-evident! A short question only: Should I mention the instructions and their authors, which you refered again in my build and thank them, or is that already done with the link on your thread? (As an example: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/)

Many thanks again and again and ...
My "dschi5" performs unbelievable !!!

Peter

I think it is done with the link to my thread. If you want you can add: "See also references therein".

Happy that you are happy with the performance of yiur dschi5!

All the best,

KGP!

Aloha kgp,

Let me say that this is the most comprehensive guide that I have come across since joining the Tonymac Ohana and I wish I had your guide when I had built my own x99 hackintosh. Thank you for your guide and enthusiasm and I am sure by the sheer number of posts that you will help many with their own x99 builds.

IT WORKED! Finally!
Just a small problem: I'm using Rampage V Edition 10:

For Airdrop - I can send files from iPhone to Hackintosh PC but can't do the same from Hackintosh to iphone, Hackintosh can't find iPhone from Airdrop but iPhone can.

My wifi works but Ethernet is not working.

Hope you can help me solve this for fully working Hackintosh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back