Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, 12.5 update for me was a success. This is what I did. Pretty standard.

1) made sure I had a clone of my system drive
2) made sure I had a copy of my mounted EFI folder
3) installed 12.5 update
4) rebooted
5) installed latest NVIDIA drivers, don't reboot
6) reapply AGDPfix
8) reboot
7) Since I have an NVME drive I also needed to follow @RehabMan post #1 (system update section)

** note you need to have git installed. Mine was installed via Xcode/developer tools. Make sure you open Xcode at least once and accept the EULA so it can be cached, otherwise you might get a git error.

There is a dedicated section "MacOS Sierra Upgradability" in my guide how to perform the individual Sierra updates. No reason to refer to @RehabMan post #1 or to summarize once more all individual steps.

I just upgraded my guide with respect to MacOS Sierra 10.12.5. Thanks for confirming full functionality with 10.12.5 anyway!

Cheers,

KGP

Didn't did that after the update at all and my nvme drive works like it should on 10.12.4

You should download the latest version of "patch-nvme-master" from https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme anyway and run run "patch_nvmw.sh" with the following command:

Code:
./patch_nvme.sh --spoof 10_12_5

Then you should copy the "HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext" into your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12/
directory or system's S/L/E or L/E and remove the former "HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext".

"HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext" will also work with 10.12.5, however for all users applying the patch_nvme.sh for the first time under 10.12.5, the actual version of "patch-nvme-master" is absolutely mandatory as otherwise the execution of "patch_nvme.sh" will fail!

AGDPfix? Required? I don't remember at all bothering with it...

If your system definition is Mac Pro 6.1 and you use a Nvidia Graphics card including web drivers, the AGDPfix is mandatory.
Otherwise you will have a black screen after the boot process.

Cheers,

KGP

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...kill-tridentz-aorus-gtx-1080-ti-xtreme.211621

KGP
I think you might find this interesting
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/computer-sleep-slider-bar-missing.222369/
Should work with system definition Mac Pro 6.1
I just tried but unfortunately it´s not working with sysdef. iMac 17,1

Great, many thanks! Works perfectly with system definition Mac Pro 6.1! I now have restored the missing computer sleep slider bar!

Cheers,

KGP

Also to you @xiaodai, welcome inside the family :wave:.

It is completely fine if you stay with the first USB standard configuration. I also did

I am still testing whether or not I am able to improve the sleep/wake functionality. Without EIST (PMDvrv.kext), sleep/wake in principle should be stable, at least if you applied steps 1) to 15). I am speaking about forced sleep only (clicking first on the "Apple-Symbol" in the menu bar and then on "sleep"). I did not experiment with "auto-sleep", so you can tick "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when display is off" in any case in the Energy Saver Settings of the System Preferences. I also ticked "Put hard disks to sleep when possible". I unticked "Wake for network access" and "Enable Power Nap".

If Sleep/Wake does not work at all in your case, better forget about the sleep/wake functionality and stay with EIST (PMDrvr.kext). I do not consider Sleep/Wake to be crucial and deemed necessary, moreover as booting the system nowadays is a question of a few seconds, if you shut down your computer on a regular base.

That after a crash, the desktop is in the state before the crash is normal - the same Apps will be open and running. Also that Chrome says "do you want to recover all your tabs after a crash" is normal. What is not normal is the crash itself. It must be avoided, in the worst case by disabling the Sleep/Wake functionality.

Cheers, man and good luck with your build!

KGP
Hi @kgp! After several days experience, I am still suffering from the random crash which is unbearable. The situation is roughly three kinds.
- suddenly black screen and reboot when using.
- suddenly GUI is stuck, and after some time, all log-in user are log-out. (It seems a reboot but not)
- after sometime idle, the screen goes off. and when it arises again, all users are log-out. (I cannot identify whether the machine is rebooted or the gui is reset)

All these situations are no related to sleep function. So I was wondering do you have any suggestion about that?

Thanks.

Hi @kgp! After several days experience, I am still suffering from the random crash which is unbearable. The situation is roughly three kinds.
- suddenly black screen and reboot when using.
- suddenly GUI is stuck, and after some time, all log-in user are log-out. (It seems a reboot but not)
- after sometime idle, the screen goes off. and when it arises again, all users are log-out. (I cannot identify whether the machine is rebooted or the gui is reset)

All these situations are no related to sleep function. So I was wondering do you have any suggestion about that?

Thanks.

No, no suggestion sorry... if you use "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi" and there are still reboots it might be some memory issue or PCIe card issue. No idea.. Try minimal hardware configuration .

KGP
Your build decribtion is almost perfect.
But due to you´re an expert in solar physics
i´ll "only" give the character 9 out of 10 for the lack of a 100% solar driven power supply :)

hahaha :lol:, thanks man! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back