Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success !!

Thanks for your guide, really really complete ! Installation was made without any issue a few days ago and this morning I've just upgraded to 10.12.5, success again.
All is working fine, just got different results for my benchmarks, rather below your values mostly for CPU (in your exemple do you OC ?) and just got a few reboot when I charged the GPU with 3D software.

And my setup by the way (for Cinema 4D & After Effects) :

- Asus Sabertooth X99 TUF
- i7 6950X (stock)
- 64GB DDR4
- 2x MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
- 1x M.2 Card 128GB (Intel 600p for OSX)
- 1x Intel 240GB SSD
- 1x WD 128GB SSD
- 1x 2TB Archive
- 1x 100GB HDD time machine

- 2x Dell U2414H

18403516_1640413402653022_28381633776981449_n.jpg

Success !!

Thanks for your guide, really really complete ! Installation was made without any issue a few days ago and this morning I've just upgraded to 10.12.5, success again.
All is working fine, just got different results for my benchmarks, rather below your values mostly for CPU (in your exemple do you OC ?) and just got a few reboot when I charged the GPU with 3D software.

And my setup by the way (for Cinema 4D & After Effects) :

- Asus Sabertooth X99 TUF
- i7 6950X (stock)
- 64GB DDR4
- 2x MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
- 1x M.2 Card 128GB (Intel 600p for OSX)
- 1x Intel 240GB SSD
- 1x WD 128GB SSD
- 1x 2TB Archive
- 1x 100GB HDD time machine

- 2x Dell U2414H

View attachment 255167

Yes, I perform an OC of 4.2 Ghz (factor 42). That's why your benchmarks might be lower. Thanks for confirming compliance of my guide with the Asus Sabertooth X99 TUF!

Cheers,

KGP

10.12.5 broke it for me and -v doesn't show any errors, just a quick reboot.

@toncij, that's exactly what I also would expect! There should not be any problems related to 10.12.5!

Can't dismantle it now, but I guess 99% chance is that Xonar card is again messing with it since install and upgrade procedures, unlike boot, query all pci devices (I guess). So sad there is no BIOS option to actually disable slots.

Hi All, 12.5 update for me was a success. This is what I did. Pretty standard.

1) made sure I had a clone of my system drive
2) made sure I had a copy of my mounted EFI folder
3) installed 12.5 update
4) rebooted
5) installed latest NVIDIA drivers, don't reboot
6) reapply AGDPfix
8) reboot
7) Since I have an NVME drive I also needed to follow @RehabMan post #1 (system update section)

** note you need to have git installed. Mine was installed via Xcode/developer tools. Make sure you open Xcode at least once and accept the EULA so it can be cached, otherwise you might get a git error.

Ah Duh-

I was trying to use the 3.1 port as a thunderbolt.

So I did end up getting a "Thunderboltex 3" card from microcenter, and followed the directions on pages 36-37, but it still isn't working correctly here. Can anyone here confirm that the TBex3 card does work with the apple 3 to 2 adapter?

I did read that it was working, but I wasn't sure if it was working with TB2 devices (and some sort of adaptor or dock).

The question now is if you are looking for USB 3.1 /C or Thunderbolt functionality.

Ah Duh-

I was trying to use the 3.1 port as a thunderbolt.

So I did end up getting a "Thunderboltex 3" card from microcenter, and followed the directions on pages 36-37, but it still isn't working correctly here. Can anyone here confirm that the TBex3 card does work with the apple 3 to 2 adapter?

I did read that it was working, but I wasn't sure if it was working with TB2 devices (and some sort of adaptor or dock).

Maybe @BoomR can help you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back