Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp
Sorry, KGP, my English is very poor.
What I mean is that I started syncing all the cores in the bios. And added ssdt.aml in EFI.
I used ./ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4000

@kgp
Maybe you should try cinebench r15 test at 10.13.4
Not surprisingly, the score will be reduced.

o.k. I see what you mean.

I disabled EIST, removed PMDrvr.kext from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/, removed the ssdt.aml from /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/, removed CPU Type, FakeCPUID and all XCPM KernelToPatch entires from part from "core scope" from the config plist and just enabled plugin type in the config.plist and surprisingly....

HWP and XCPM work fully natively.. However... the max. turbo frequencies are totally off.. 3.5 Ghz in my case although I define a max. turbo core ratio of 44 (4.4 Ghz) in the mobo BIOS.

Major changes by Apple also for SMBIOS macPro6,1 within 10.13.4? Can anybody confirm these results?

What about using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 with 10.13.4 (17E199) instead?

Anybody willing to try?

I disabled EIST, removed PMDrvr.kext from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/, removed the ssdt.aml from /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/, removed CPU Type, FakeCPUID and all XCPM KernelToPatch entires from part from "core scope" from the config plist and just enabled plugin type in the config.plist and surprisingly....

HWP and XCPM work fully natively.. However... the max. turbo frequencies are totally off.. 3.5 Ghz in my case although I define a max. turbo core ratio of 44 (4.4 Ghz) in the mobo BIOS.

Major changes by Apple also for SMBIOS macPro6,1 within 10.13.4? Can anybody confirm these results?

Anybody willing to try?

Do you mean that, from 10.13.4, x99 with boardwell-h is natively supported? If so, what a happy news!

Do you mean that, from 10.13.4, x99 with boardwell-h is natively supported? If so, what a happy news!

Looks like.. can anybody confirm?

FakeCPUID still seems to be required though...

Last edited:
@kgp
I tested your proposed imac pro 1.1 smbios. As shown in the figure, I removed the FakeCPUID, but the three patches and voodooTSCSync.kext cannot be removed. When I remove them, I can't get into the system. Do not know what is taking over the power management system. . . . .
测试.jpg

@kgp
I tested your proposed imac pro 1.1 smbios. As shown in the figure, I removed the FakeCPUID, but the three patches and voodooTSCSync.kext cannot be removed. When I remove them, I can't get into the system. Do not know what is taking over the power management system. . . . .View attachment 322514

Which model name do you have under Harware in Apple’s System report? iMac or iMacPro? Did you reinstall 17E199 with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1?

Remove x99_injector..kext. Strange that HWP does not work in your case.. I just need core scope kernel patch and fakecpuid...

@kgp
I did not reinstall macOS 10.13.4. (17E199), I replaced smbios directly in the config. My country is already late at night. Tomorrow I can continue to discuss it with you.

Anybody willing to try?
I did this and in my case CPU is running at 3.6 Ghz to 3.7 Ghz but i set Max Turbo Frequencies to 4 Ghz and if I set Intel Speedstep Technology to Enable then it is on 3.4 Ghz. but I got almost 33% performance boost that's a plus point for me. But in Intel Power Gadget,
Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 2.35.19 PM.png
Utilization section is showing wrong value.

Did anyone get dual monitor working yet? I'm using the nvidea web drivers with a GTX 1080. When I boot with 2 monitors plugged in I get a black screen. 1 monitor works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back