Contribute
Register

The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration

Hi, so I moved all the ACPI files into ACPI patched, but I still don't only see the USB ports I selected :(

I attached the full EFI this time. Don't know what is wrong.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 81
But I can't get it to work. I did all the necessary steps and after reboot it looks like the usb.kext isn't being used.
Hi, so I moved all the ACPI files into ACPI patched, but I still don't only see the USB ports I selected :(

I attached the full EFI this time. Don't know what is wrong.

Hello there.

Please show us what you mean in the two previous comments.

Looking at your EFI, the USB configuration looks ok, only the fact that the SSDT-UIAL.aml will not work without USBInjectAll.kext is obvious. However USBPorts.kext should be working instead.

Perhaps either post a screengrab from Hackintool or IORegistryExplorer to illustrate the problem, or upload an IOReg export file.

:)

I hope I did use the correct option in IOreg.

What I mean is that I had a configuration which did show all available USB ports with USBInjectAll and the patches like you described in the beginning.

I did than use a USB stick to figure out which ports I wanted to keep, so I don't need anything higher than ss08 or hs08 plus SS06 and HS05 which I than disabled via Hackintool.

I did copy the usb.kext over, removed the usbinjectall and disabled the patches. But atm to many Ports show up.

Attachments

• ShuttleIoReg.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 16.42.19.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 16.42.19.png
    332.2 KB · Views: 61
I hope I did use the correct option in IOreg.

What I mean is that I had a configuration which did show all available USB ports with USBInjectAll and the patches like you described in the beginning.

I did than use a USB stick to figure out which ports I wanted to keep, so I don't need anything higher than ss08 or hs08 plus SS06 and HS05 which I than disabled via Hackintool.

I did copy the usb.kext over, removed the usbinjectall and disabled the patches. But atm to many Ports show up.

Hello there.

Okay. I think the problem is caused by three things:

1) Remove all the "origin" dump files from the folder EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin

2) Remove the Drop table entry in your config.plist for ACPI - "xh_rvp10" (your USB config is actually in "xh_rvp08").

3) If you are using USBPorts.kext then remove SSDT-UIAC.aml/dsl from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Also note because you have the EC0 to EC rename in ACPI patches, you might not need the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml file.

I think that because you do not have AutoMerge set in config.plist the dumped DSDT is patching back in to the original, rather than replacing a part of it. Otherwise the configuration you have done looks okay :thumbup:.

Hey thanks :). Ive solved the issue with the USB by doing a fresh install. Cheers.
Same problem here, but what da You mean for "fresh install"
(I have the same issue updating to catalina)

hmm... I did all of the above mentioned things and I still have 23 USB ports :-/

Okay :thumbup:

Nothing wrong with your EFI folder now.

Remember to clear the Hackintool cache and reload it (the Broom icon; then the Circular Arrows icon in the bottom row).

What kexts do you have installed in Drive: Library/Extensions ?

Also consider changing the settings for the config.plist Device section from "true" to "false". You can use a plain text editor or Clover Configurator:

Text Editor -

USB.jpg

Clover Configurator -

USB1.jpg

If neither of those work ... then there is something else going on in your system I do not know about :crazy:

Last edited:
Hi, I did run through the procedure to make my bluetooth works but its still the same after i run through it.

In system report, my bluetooth show as no information founded but it show Bluetooth USB Host Controller in it.

Did i did smtg wrong or?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 49
Hi, I did run through the procedure to make my bluetooth works but its still the same after i run through it.

In system report, my bluetooth show as no information founded but it show Bluetooth USB Host Controller in it.

Did i did smtg wrong or?

Hello there.

Are you saying it does not appear under Hardware / Bluetooth, but it does appear on Hardware / USB?

Clearly the device is plugged-in to the USB port at location 0x14c20000 but without access to your IOReg or Hackintool output I do not know which USB port that is. You can check by running those utilities.

What procedure did you go through? This guide? It's for the USB ports in general so maybe not what you need solving this problem, but with more information we may be able to help :thumbup:. What type of Bluetooth device are you using?

Hello there.

Are you saying it does not appear under Hardware / Bluetooth, but it does appear on Hardware / USB?

Clearly the device is plugged-in to the USB port at location 0x14c20000 but without access to your IOReg or Hackintool output I do not know which USB port that is. You can check by running those utilities.

What procedure did you go through? This guide? It's for the USB ports in general so maybe not what you need solving this problem, but with more information we may be able to help :thumbup:. What type of Bluetooth device are you using?

Hi, I am using Fenvi HB-1200 as wifi and Bluetooth.

I successfully able to detect my Bluetooth after I update to Catalina from Mojave.

I did run through all the guide from this post and successfully active my Bluetooth.
thanks

Back