Contribute
Register

The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration

Answered my own question. EFI folder (.zip) attached with serial and UUID blanked.
if you are re creating your ports, then you should be removing:
USBPorts-with-Power.kext

What does that kext accomplish? Will removing it interfere with my current hardware configuration? I only ask because I got that EFI folder from @pastrychef in his post Z390 M Gaming with working NVRAM.
the kext is the final kext you have for a fully functioning usb setup

but it looks like you are trying to re setup your usb ports?

if so, then it needs to be deleted so you can re setup your ports and then export a new usbports.kext which you can then place in clover/kexts/other, then remove the port limit patches and remove USBInjectAll.kext

the kext is the final kext you have for a fully functioning usb setup

but it looks like you are trying to re setup your usb ports?

if so, then it needs to be deleted so you can re setup your ports and then export a new usbports.kext which you can then place in clover/kexts/other, then remove the port limit patches and remove USBInjectAll.kext

Ah, I see. Thank you!

if you are re creating your ports, then you should be removing:
USBPorts-with-Power.kext

I removed that kext from the EFI > CLOVER > kexts > Other directory and rebooted the computer. Opening Hackintool and I still see the same list without any SS## enumerated ports. I confirmed the PLR patches are still in place as well.

I removed that kext from the EFI > CLOVER > kexts > Other directory and rebooted the computer. Opening Hackintool and I still see the same list without any SS## enumerated ports. I confirmed the PLR patches are still in place as well.
you may need to use the broom icon, to refresh the ports

I did that as well, clicking the broom and then the 'refresh' icon right next to it.

Perhaps you need to check what kexts you have installed in Drive: Library/Extensions. This is because something there may be interfering with the EFI folder versions.

Next, I notice in your UEFI/drivers folder you have OcQuirks.efi but no OcQuirks.plist to accompany it (Check @pastrychef 's original).

@Feartech is correct in that you should remove USBPorts-with-Power.kext if you install USBInjectAll.kext to re-configure your ports - remember to reboot so that it is no-longer loaded. (This is another reason for double-checking the Drive: Library/Extensions folder for duplicates).

What we should bear in mind here is that both @pastrychef and myself have the same motherboard and USB is proven to work as we describe. @pastrychef 's USBPorts kext is known working for e.g. This seems to indicate there's something else going on we don't know about yet ... Keep working, you'll get there! :)

Perhaps you need to check what kexts you have installed in Drive: Library/Extensions. This is because something there may be interfering with the EFI folder versions.

Next, I notice in your UEFI/drivers folder you have OcQuirks.efi but no OcQuirks.plist to accompany it (Check @pastrychef 's original).

@Feartech is correct in that you should remove USBPorts-with-Power.kext if you install USBInjectAll.kext to re-configure your ports - remember to reboot so that it is no-longer loaded. (This is another reason for double-checking the Drive: Library/Extensions folder for duplicates).

What we should bear in mind here is that both @pastrychef and myself have the same motherboard and USB is proven to work as we describe. @pastrychef 's USBPorts kext is known working for e.g. This seems to indicate there's something else going on we don't know about yet ... Keep working, you'll get there! :)

Latest version of Clover has integrated OcQuirks.plist in to config.plist. It's no longer a separate file.

Latest version of Clover has integrated OcQuirks.plist in to config.plist. It's no longer a separate file.

Okay, I stand corrected again.

The gentleman said he had used your EFI folder - which was apparently the case - I was just running through it. Apologies.

Back