Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

@trs96: I picked up here that Clover team has stopped supporting Clover bootloader. Possibly from 10.15.3. And we should now look to OpenCore (now Dortiana)

What does this mean for the OptiMac Hackintoshes built on your "template"? Will you be re-doing your guide to work with this or possibly provide some pointers on how to transition to OpenCore?

Clover team has stopped supporting Clover bootloader. Possibly from 10.15.3.
No, you misunderstood that. Clover is still being developed. It's Acidanthera that makes things like WEG and Lilu. They are not supporting Clover on AMD systems anymore, we have Intel. There will be a guide to OC on this site, it's not complete yet. For Catalina stay with the Clover version you now use. Will be best to switch to OC once you want to upgrade to 10.16.

Thanks. The new build is a RX 570, Dell 7020 MT, so I need to keep the GPU. My theory is that the sleep mode can Be disabled entirely somehow so the PC never tries to go into it in the first place? Either is OS X or the BIOS, etc? All relevant settings appear to have been set though so not sure where the sleep mode even originated from anymore.

I have dual booted with Windize10 and this issue does not occur in Windoze which makes me think it’s all in the hackIntosh settings somewhere.

Same boat. And it's not linked to having an external GPU. I had the issue with only HD4600. Disabling HDMI sound worked, but at a price...

Last edited:
Can I do this on the i3 model with 8GB RAM and 500GB HDD.

Hey guys I am having a performance problem with my setup. Currently I am running an Optiplex 9020 - i7-4790, 16GB RAM and a Nvidia NVS 510 all in a SFF. Currently I am on Catalina 10.15.4. SMBIOS is 14,2. I have tried 15,1 same problems.

When I turn on Nvidia or Auto in BIOS, inject Nvidia, and use web drivers on clover, I only get two displays running. When I inject Nvidia and use Nvidia Single, I get all four of my monitors. There still seems to be something holding them back, at 1080p running the screensaver Drift, it is very choppy. That is the case even when I am just on two monitors.

and inject Nvidia, and use web drivers on clover
Why ? You don't need either. The NVS 510 has native drivers in Catalina.

@trs96 Thank you so much (once again) for this extensive How-To. This is my second offence in Hackintosh-Land (first was an Elite 8300 SFF which I am typing this on) but since I've shot a bargain I am eager to try this build next.

I have on question though: I am looking into buying myself an RX580 8GB variant from XFX. It's the "GTS XXX Edition" graphics card. Did anyone had any luck or experience fitting it into the 9020 MT? Also: Is there any driver related issue that I should stick RX 570 or RX 580 cards from the How-To-List?

All the best! :)

According to the website it's 10.63 x 4.88 x 1.57

Back