Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Can't wait to see it done.

There's another option you've got. Buy the Yeston Cute Pet case and use that with your 9020 internals.

I'm not a fan of cats, I might just paint 'Mac in the Box' pink!.

SOLVED at last.

If any other encounters same issue... Use EFI folder as per @trs96 instructions. Change BIOS as requested here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...overview-for-the-experienced-4k-ready.279108/

Then make sure to edit your config.plist in CC as this:

View attachment 460756

In other words you need to change audio (Realtek) properties's from "had-gfx" to "No-hda-gfx", setting Value as "AAAAAAAA AA" and leaving "layout-id" at 13.

With this you lose HDMI audio, but analog audio is still working great (I do not use HDMI audio, so all fine by me).

And no kernel panic after sleep.

Hope it helps someone else.

Thank you again for all the effort put in this forum. In the last few days I moved from complete newbie to (at least) semi-aware amateur. Lol.

Hi, I have the same issue. However I need my HDMI audio to still work as using a display which incorporates sound On the do output as it’s built without an analog in. Anyone seen a solution that doesn’t involve crippling HDMI or DP audio out?

the sleep reboot issue is quite painful - I felt sure someone has come across this before on a 9020/7020 MT build as suspect it’s to do with sleep or hibernate settings. I would be happy with just no sleep option and leaving the screensaver on.
Any ideas appreciated!!!

Hi, I have the same issue. However I need my HDMI audio to still work as using a display which incorporates sound On the do output as it’s built without an analog in. Anyone seen a solution that doesn’t involve crippling HDMI or DP audio out?

the sleep reboot issue is quite painful - I felt sure someone has come across this before on a 9020/7020 MT build as suspect it’s to do with sleep or hibernate settings. I would be happy with just no sleep option and leaving the screensaver on.
Any ideas appreciated!!!
Have a look at the speed difference between GT710 and HD4600 if the difference is not too much for you - pull out the 710 GPU and use onboard graphics with config.plist from alternative thread where sound and sleep work.(FYI only one of the onboard DP's has sound)

comparison - https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compa...vs-Intel-HD-4600-Desktop-125-GHz/m77649vs2168

Have a look at the speed difference between GT710 and HD4600 if the difference is not too much for you - pull out the 710 GPU and use onboard graphics with config.plist from alternative thread where sound and sleep work.(FYI only one of the onboard DP's has sound)

comparison - https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compa...vs-Intel-HD-4600-Desktop-125-GHz/m77649vs2168

Thanks. The new build is a RX 570, Dell 7020 MT, so I need to keep the GPU. My theory is that the sleep mode can Be disabled entirely somehow so the PC never tries to go into it in the first place? Either is OS X or the BIOS, etc? All relevant settings appear to have been set though so not sure where the sleep mode even originated from anymore.

I have dual booted with Windize10 and this issue does not occur in Windoze which makes me think it’s all in the hackIntosh settings somewhere.

This is why we suggest everyone make a bootable clone of their system drive before any updates. It's a safety net so to speak.
Thanks for the motivation trs. Took this opportunity to clone my disk with clonezilla. Clone boots and worked well. The macOS update on the main disk went smooth. It rebooted a couple of times and everything seems to work well. Thanks!

Now that I have a backup, feeling more adventurous :)

Took this opportunity to clone my disk with clonezilla. Clone boots and worked well.
Having a clone is essential for any hackintosh, even the OptiMac. They run macOS flawlessly but still anything can happen unexpectedly. Whether through user error or a botched update from Apple it's always nice to have a bootable backup to easily fix anything that might come up.

I bought it!, my new case for the Dell 9020 SFF. A PowerMac G4 Quicksilver edition (2002), and very clean and tidy it looks too, doesn't work though!. Photos are from the listing. Including delivery, less than $100. It's 35 miles away from me, but I didn't want to risk helping COVID-19. And I'm clearly bored after just finishing my other build in a G5, other people buy toilet roll, I buy vintage Apple case. I'm a big fan of this case, I like how it opens up with the motherboard attached to the side panel. And didn't Face... ban this model for being to "Sexy".

View attachment 456494 View attachment 456495
Nice, please post build photos as you go.

Hi everyone, I hope that you are all doing well and staying safe and hopefully keeping yourselves occupied. I've been a member for a while and finally used this guide for my build (thank-you, amazing guide) and now have 3 computers up and running. Oddly enough, my USB 3 ports no longer work, on any of the computers. It used to work a while ago with USB 3 sticks and my SD reader, but they do not now. I know before, I was running an older version of Mojave, but I noticed that the system is now running 10.14.6. I now went into system preferences and turn off auto-update (silly me). Did the update break something? Has anyone else had this issue? I tried looking on the forms using search, and even reading each page of this thread back to December in case I missed something (loving what this community is doing), I found some articles talking about Hackintool, but I wanted to ask the group first before doing something that could break this build. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

First thing to check is if you have the USB SSDT located in your ACPI/patched folder. Should probably also rebuild caches and reboot too. Other than that you could upload your problem reporting files.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.zip
    790 bytes · Views: 54
I am progressing only slowly, being a careful sort. I ordered the case TRS96 recommended, the DLM21 mATX case, at a good price.
It seems to me it might be better to do a 'prototype build' in the original Dell case, then move everything over to the DLM21 after some debugging. Is this any kind of wisdom, or am I being over-cautious?
Thanks!

Back