Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

now showing 3 USB controllers XHC,EHC0, EHC1. Taking away the complications I swapped in the SATA drive from another 7020, which has never had an NVMe drive in but was built in a similar way and it worked just fine. Copied over the from this SATA to the NVMe drive and original SATA boot drive brings the problem back.
I know that when I used an older BIOS I could not get the USB ports properly configured till I upgraded it. May be worth a try to flash to a newer BIOS and see if that helps.

flash to a newer BIOS and see if that helps
I did update to A18 (may have been the cause but I don't think so) Im suspecting Multibeast ATM because I think the last time I was sure of it working was before I reinstalled USBInjectAll using multibeast. Ill be rebuilding using standard Clover methods and report back then.

Thanks to this guide and the drivers supplied I've had a successful Mojave install on a Dell 3020 SFF with i5-4590 (quad core). The install was a breeze and the only issue I had once the install completed was that the realtek network drivers were not copied across which I resolved manually.

Thanks for the guide and drivers, brilliant work !!!!

Congratulations on your success. Note that the USB port layout is different on the 3020 as compared to the 7020 and 9020. What you should do is use the Hackintool App https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-7-1.254559/ and create a USB SSDT specifically for your system. Post a screenshot of what you see under the USB tab.
Include all the sections below what you see here in the screenshot.

1565346851212.png

You should also check that all of your audio ports are working correctly. The 3020 does have the same ALC3220 chip as the higher end models.

Congratulations on your success. Note that the USB port layout is different on the 3020 as compared to the 7020 and 9020. What you should do is use the Hackintool App https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-7-1.254559/ and create a USB SSDT specifically for your system. Post a screenshot of what you see under the USB tab.
Include all the sections below what you see here in the screenshot.

View attachment 421079

You should also check that all of your audio ports are working correctly. The 3020 does have the same ALC3220 chip as the higher end models.

Thanks for the assistance. Basic audio is working fine and I run an external USB soundcard and midi controller which both seem to be working OK. (The machine is for running Traktor only)

This is what I have for USB so far.

hackintosh-usb.JPG

This is what I have for USB so far.
USB looks good. You might want to check some usb drives and see if you're getting the full speeds in the USB 3.0 ports. Use the Blackmagic Disk speed test.

USB looks good. You might want to check some usb drives and see if you're getting the full speeds in the USB 3.0 ports. Use the Blackmagic Disk speed test.

I'll need to grab a USB3 disk to test, USB in general seems to be OK so far. :)

Still not getting the higher res. Any ideas? should i buy a different graphics card?

Thanks for your help. I am booting into the K600 now with a 4K capable DP cable. I tried using both SwitchResX and ResXtreme for 4K option still no luck. On another computer about 2 months ago, I used your other guide for Dell Optiplex 9010 never had an issue with the K600 there. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 11.35.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 11.35.48 AM.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 11.36.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 11.36.19 AM.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 57
Any ideas?
If 'ideas' includes guessing?

Different Sys defintions, 15,1 and 14,3

If you are new to playing with these things - a tip -
When at the Clover boot screen you can interrupt the boot then select options by using the left and right arrows. One of the things you can do, is get it NOT to load the normal config.plist, and instead select a particular config to load, for that boot only, by selecting its filename from a list.

Before playing with any settings, make a copy of your current config.plist in the same folder - (mounting the EFI partition and going into /EFI/Clover and right click config.plist then duplicate) - Rename the duplicate configBK.plist.
(It must begin with 'config' then something'.plist' ).

The next time you reboot, if you interrupt Clover and use the arrow keys to select 'Options' then 'Configs' you will see a list of config files. The normal config.plist will be selected but there will now be an option to select configBK.plist.
and the tip is - dont delete configBK.plist

Last edited:
Back