Contribute
Register

[Success!] Video Editor: i7-3770K, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, EVGA SC GTX 660 Ti 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right! Silly me for missing that. The only problem I realized is.. my DVD drive is connected to the GSATA port, not one of the regular SATA ports. And I couldn't find a hotswap option for the GSATA :( Does anyone have any other ideas? Currently the DVD Player App error message is the only thing not fully functioning properly.
Hi Storm

Good to see that my advise solved at least some of your troubles.

I don't have a Blueray device.

But try to switch it to one of the sata2 ports.

One of my HD's is connected to the Marvell GSATA ports (AHCI mode) and it's working without any problems.

Skærmbillede 2013-04-15 kl. 05.51.50.png

Maybe (almost sure) that will solve the problem.

:)

Thank you, this solved my USB problems!

2nd Edit - 4-15-13: Sleep is no longer an issue! Thanks to arehep's bios screen shots posted in this forum. Computer goes to sleep instantly and wakes up without a hitch: usb drives don't eject, no mouse lag, etc.

I followed tonymac's BIOS config then added arehep's settings (-minus the overclocked stuff).
But I'm still having problems with my wake from sleep (PC freezes and green checkerboard pattern, deep sleep related?).
I'm using the same cpu & motherboard as this build, no eSATA or thunderbolt, with an EVGA 660Ti 2GB. Any ideas!?!? -Thanks!
Pics attached

Attachments

• CAM00038.jpg
    CAM00038.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 169
  • CAM00039.jpg
    CAM00039.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 316
I am also having sleep issues, I have copies arehep's BIOS settings but it still does not work.
I have a very similar build as you. What is your darkwake set to?

Are you on a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH or as your profile indicates Asus Maximus V Extreme ?

<string>darkwake=0</string>

In Energysaver check all but the one about ethernet

Energy saver.png

This is Danish Language but i hope you understand

Are you on a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH or as your profile indicates Asus Maximus V Extreme ?

In Energysaver check all but the one about ethernet

View attachment 55211

This is Danish Language but i hope you understand

I changed that setting and it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

I have two Hackintosh's (Both in signature). The one I am talking about is the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH.

Can I leave the bottom 5 (4 for me actually since I do not have an i7) features on "Auto" in "M.I.T.\Advanced Frequency Settings\Advanced CPU Core Features" since I am not over clocking.

CPU Enhanced Halt(CIE)
C3/C6 State Support
CPU Thermal Monitor
CPU EIST Function

I changed that setting and it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

I have two Hackintosh's (Both in signature). The one I am talking about is the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH.

Can I leave the bottom 5 (4 for me actually since I do not have an i7) features on "Auto" in "M.I.T.\Advanced Frequency Settings\Advanced CPU Core Features" since I am not over clocking.

CPU Enhanced Halt(CIE)
C3/C6 State Support
CPU Thermal Monitor
CPU EIST Function

Al Enabled
Are you talking about Manual or Autosleep ?
If Manual try to put your comp. to sleep.
First time it will wake up after aprox 3 sec. but next time it will stay sleeping.
If you still have problems then download and install PleaseSleep

http://www.dragonone.com/products/macosx/pleasesleep/

It has the option that you can decide that your comp dosn't go to sleep when apps of your choice is running.

PleaseSleep.png

The default was no, some say turn it to "yes" in mountain loin, or 1 or 10 I'm not sure what these all mean, and I haven't seen a clear expo.
I'll try it with 0 let ya know if it helps, thank you

I can't get Manual or Auto sleep to work properly. I can get it to sleep manually and automatically but the problem is when it wakes.

These things happen when it wakes. It seems different each time:

Bluetooth stops working or display won't turn back on, if it does it sometimes has checkered design all over the place.

I have the Bluetooth dongle plugged into one of the USB 2.0 ports in the back.

I also notice that after a restart with it plugged in the back that the cursor will jump to various parts (usually the corner) of the screen when I lift the mouse up off the mousepad, it will sometimes do a right or left click without me hitting any buttons and the scroll will not work. No matter how many times I restart I can't get it to work properly. I have to unplug the BT dongle, and plug it back in.

If I plug it into the front USB 2.0 port this is not a problem but I have worse luck with it working after it wakes.

A while back my mouse and keyboard would lag major, it's related to sleep, I'm not having that anymore I think it might have been multibeast that fixed ti. I can't comment the Bluetooth thing, I never noticed anything like the broken link icon -but I hardly use it (just for headphones) it's a Targus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back