Contribute
Register

[Success!] Video Editor: i7-3770K, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, EVGA SC GTX 660 Ti 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if your dvd on g stata is fixed but this did it for meView attachment 69422

Thanks for the info, but as shown in one of my edits below my original post, I just ended up plugging my dvd burner into a regular sata port and one of my hard drives into the gsata port which did the trick.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you all a quick update. Everything is still working lightning fast, and I've upgraded to 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0 without at hitch. I also installed another identical set of 16gb memory, bringing my computer to the motherboard's max of 32gb, which is AWESOME. I can now run my Windows 7 Virtual Machine with 8 gigs of ram and not have to worry about running out of memory.

I'm a freshman engineering major at Virginia Tech right now, I do all of my work on it, and it is absolutely phenomenal! The parallels virtual machine runs all of my fairly intensive, Windows only engineering applications without an issue. Never slows down or locks up, full speed 24/7. It's how a computer should be!

Happy Hacking!

Hey guys, I've got a question for you all.

I would like to be able to output audio via the DisplayPort output on my 660 ti, but I'm not sure what modifications I would need to do to make that possible.

I think most of the information you'll need about my system is in my initial post, but if you need any other info just let me know and I'll gladly try to provide it!

Thanks!

How did I never find this thread until today? I built this same machine (case, mobo, cpu, ram, gfx all exactly the same) about the same time. I wish I'd found it sooner, but I guess struggling through some of the issues helped me learn instead of just copying someone else's work every step of the way. How's it running for you now?

How did I never find this thread until today? I built this same machine (case, mobo, cpu, ram, gfx all exactly the same) about the same time. I wish I'd found it sooner, but I guess struggling through some of the issues helped me learn instead of just copying someone else's work every step of the way. How's it running for you now?

That's crazy you built one so similar! The hardware is still working great, but after updating to Sierra in December it doesn't run nearly as well as it did with Mountain Lion. It will hang up occasionally and is just not as snappy. But, I'm happy that I've gotten 4 years out of it. I'm now planning on selling it this summer, but as a Windows 10 machine. I'll also be selling my 2013 15" Retina MacBook Pro and using the money from both to buy a new Kaby Lake 15" MacBook Pro.

How's yours doing?

That's crazy you built one so similar! The hardware is still working great, but after updating to Sierra in December it doesn't run nearly as well as it did with Mountain Lion. It will hang up occasionally and is just not as snappy. But, I'm happy that I've gotten 4 years out of it. I'm now planning on selling it this summer, but as a Windows 10 machine. I'll also be selling my 2013 15" Retina MacBook Pro and using the money from both to buy a new Kaby Lake 15" MacBook Pro.

How's yours doing?
Mine's doing fine. I've had intermittent success with it, having upgraded every step of the way. I did have one catastrophe when I upgraded to Sierra the first time, but luckily I had a CCC backup. I took the opportunity to start from scratch and the second install went great. I think it's more successful than at any time since I first started with it. When I started, I had two identical graphics cards in SLI and that caused some issues. I took one out and it resolved them. I haven't put it back in but I haven't needed it. Originally I had set it up to dual boot with Win8. Now I have a Lenovo D20 dual Xeon workstation if I have need of Windows. At some point I intend to build a new CustoMac but honestly the one I have is fine for me for now. I'm typing this on a MacBook Pro 5,1 (Late 2008)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back