Contribute
Register

[Success!] Video Editor: i7-3770K, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, EVGA SC GTX 660 Ti 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back my mouse and keyboard would lag major, it's related to sleep, I'm not having that anymore I think it might have been multibeast that fixed ti. I can't comment the Bluetooth thing, I never noticed anything like the broken link icon -but I hardly use it (just for headphones) it's a Targus

The reason you don't have that mouse lag after wake from sleep is this setting in bios:

Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage = Disabled

It has nothing to do with Multibeast 5.3.0

Draven
I think you should do a fresh install.

Are you shure that your bluetooth dongle is fully compatible with Mountain Lion ?

Take a look here (scroll to Accessories)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/339-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-march-2013.html

Yes sir, it's the IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter (GBU521).

I've done a couple reinstalls but I'll do another anyway.

EDIT: As I wrote in another post: I thought it could be the VIA Labs firmware so I installed Win7 64-bit on a separate hard drive and tried to update the firmware but the VIA Labs FW Upgrade Tool wouldn't find any devices ("No device found" error).

Draven
In Stork's thread i saw that tried to update the Via USB3 hub.
It's very important that you install the latest Chipset and USB3 drivers and reboot when done.

I've made a guide how to update/flash the hub (post#9) here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...hip-ga-z77x-ud5h-rev-1-1-mobo.html#post559311

If the tool shows "FW Version = V9.60 you have the latest firmware version.

In Energy saver i saw that your settings for Computer and Display sleep are equal.
I don't think that's a good idea.
You should always put the display to sleep before the comp.

I followed your exact steps, including BIOS changes, everything was up to date, I had JUST installed Win7 64-bit and all drivers from the Gigabyte website, and the tool still said "No device found".

I'll try again.

What USB port do you plug it into? I can't seem to use the USB ports in the back for my dongle. It will sometimes work, and sometimes make the mouse cursor jump to random places on the screen (more info on this). Not sure if it's interference with the wireless card.

What USB port do you plug it into? I can't seem to use the USB ports in the back for my dongle. It will sometimes work, and sometimes make the mouse cursor jump to random places on the screen (more info on this). Not sure if it's interference with the wireless card.

One off the 2 rear USB2 ports but it's also working in my front USB2 ports.

(i know that you also post in Stork's thread but i think it's better to keep it here where you startet writing about your troubles)

That link is actually to my own build topic.

The USB 2.0 on the back are giving me the most trouble with the cursor jumps. Front USB 2.0 work great though, so does the front USB 3.0 for that matter.

I haven't done a reinstall yet, still trying different things.

I had written somewhere that my display will sometimes not turn back on, and I think the problem is worse than that. Seems like the Hack freezes maybe? After I wake it, and display does not turn back on, I tried to push the power button to put it back to sleep and it didn't do anything.
I unplugged the HDMI cable from the 660 Ti and plugged it back in, nothing.
I plugged the HDMI cable into the motherboard, nothing.

I've tried so many things, with different problems as a result. I need to create a spreadsheet so I can keep track of everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back