Contribute
Register

[Success!] Video Editor: i7-3770K, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, EVGA SC GTX 660 Ti 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
That link is actually to my own build topic.

The USB 2.0 on the back are giving me the most trouble with the cursor jumps. Front USB 2.0 work great though, so does the front USB 3.0 for that matter.

I haven't done a reinstall yet, still trying different things.

I had written somewhere that my display will sometimes not turn back on, and I think the problem is worse than that. Seems like the Hack freezes maybe? After I wake it, and display does not turn back on, I tried to push the power button to put it back to sleep and it didn't do anything.
I unplugged the HDMI cable from the 660 Ti and plugged it back in, nothing.
I plugged the HDMI cable into the motherboard, nothing.

I've tried so many things, with different problems as a result. I need to create a spreadsheet so I can keep track of everything :)

Sorry i missed that you where linking to your own thread.

I think some of your troubles has to do with your GPU

http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/69954-gtx-660-ti-compatibility-issues.html

You should try downgrade to ML 10.8.2

(I had troubles with my GTX 560 ti on 10.8.3)

And in your build decribtion i saw that you installed the new generic USB3 kext from MB 5.3.0.

Try to delete that and repair disk permissions and rebuild cache.

Due to my bios settings i don't need that and it also gave me some strange issues regarding USB

I removed that kext a few days ago, forgot to change my post. However, I don't think I deleted the cache. Anyway, I just did a reinstall. Mouse cursor doesn't seem to be jumping around after several reboots but display, sometimes, does not turn back on when it wakes still. I think you are dead on about it being a compatibility issue though, that makes alot of sense. Thanks for the help, I'm going to leave sleep off for now and move on to other issues. Might try to fix it some other time.

Hi Storm

try to switch it to one of the sata2 ports.

One of my HD's is connected to the Marvell GSATA ports (AHCI mode) and it's working without any problems.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in a while, been super busy with exams and such. Tonight I finally had a chance to open up my Hack and change the Blu-ray drive from the GSATA port to one of the sata 2 ports as suggested above (In addition to replacing the very slow 250 GB Media Cache hard drive with a 500 GB 10,000 rpm Velociraptor :)), and I am happy to say that it did indeed fix the problem! No more error upon launch of the DVD Player application! Thanks everyone who has contributed to making my Hackintosh as flawless as possible! Currently there are no more issues that need to be dealt with. :D:thumbup:

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in a while, been super busy with exams and such. Tonight I finally had a chance to open up my Hack and change the Blu-ray drive from the GSATA port to one of the sata 2 ports as suggested above (In addition to replacing the very slow 250 GB Media Cache hard drive with a 500 GB 10,000 rpm Velociraptor :)), and I am happy to say that it did indeed fix the problem! No more error upon launch of the DVD Player application! Thanks everyone who has contributed to making my Hackintosh as flawless as possible! Currently there are no more issues that need to be dealt with. :D:thumbup:

Hi Storm
Hope all went well according your exams.

And congrats with you new Velocitiraptor :thumbup:

You should take a look at my post#44 UPDATE.
I've added some useful info about the USB3 feature on your Motherboard

Once I was booted up to Mountain Lion for the first time, I installed the following from MultiBeast:

View attachment 50240

Hi Storms Productions,

Thanks for the great build description! I'm Building very similar system (i7-3770K, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, EVGA SC GTX 660 Ti 2GB) and am having trouble with Multibeast install... Seeing you had such success, I thought I'd copy your settings.
Are there any further settings you added to your Multibeast install that we can't see (Can't see below Graphics Enabler = No in your screenshot.

cheers

***EDIT*** I followed your instuctions and added only Sys Def > MacPro3,1 on Multibeast install... and I'm very pleased to announce a successful boot! Thanks again for your build description!!!

Are there any further settings you added to your Multibeast install that we can't see (Can't see below Graphics Enabler = No in your screenshot.

I followed your instuctions and added only Sys Def > MacPro3,1 on Multibeast install... and I'm very pleased to announce a successful boot! Thanks again for your build description!!!

Boma123, so sorry I've taken so long to get back to you, but I'm glad to hear it's working! But just to clarify, the things that you can see in the screenshot are the only things that I installed. The difference may have been that you have the regular 660 ti and i have the superclocked version? Who knows.

but I hope all continues well for your build!

Hi to all,

I just wanted to add an update to my setup. Just yesterday, I added a 3rd monitor, specifically the Dell U2412M (http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U2412M-LED-Monitor/dp/B005JN9310/)

All I can say is this monitor is a perfect compliment to the Dell U2713HM which is my main display. The Hackintosh powers it perfectly and I have experienced literally zero lag or performance hit from the additional monitor.

Overall Configuration:
Center Display: Dell U2713HM; 27inch; 2560x1440; Dual-Link DVI
Left Display: Dell U2412M; 24inch; 1920x1200; DisplayPort
Right Display: Curtis 2425A; 24inch; 1920x1080; VGA via DVI to VGA adapter

new setup.jpg

The reason I didn't use HDMI for the Curtis TV is because the image was not very crisp at all (mainly it was very hard to read text), regardless of the resolution it was set at. This problem has to do with the fact that it is a TV instead of a computer monitor. So, since the VGA connector on the TV is made for computers, it looks great. Not all TVs look bad when connecting to a computer via HDMI (found from experience) but many do. Also, this problem is mostly Mac specific. Windows computers don't experience the same problem. I first discovered this problem when trying to connect my macbook pro to a number of different TVs. Some looked alright, but some looked very poor. Although for video, it is tolerable. It is text that is the biggest problem.

But anyway, I love my new setup!! Hope you can find this useful.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to add quickly that I just updated to 10.8.4 flawlessly. Here's what I did:

1. Cloned my OS drive just incase something went awry
2. Installed/restarted from the software update
3. Upon reboot, reinstalled the audio driver from multibeast, and restarted one more time
4. Finally, when it restarted, CUDA popped up from system preferences and wanted to be updated. So I went to http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html and downloaded the latest one. After installing, CUDA was happy again.

That's it. Even my mod of the cuda_supported text file for premiere pro stayed the same; didn't have to reedit it.

Hope everyone else's update is as successful!

Did you have issues with your 660ti after all or was that a false alarm?

I could connect my tv via hdmi after i disabled overscan in the tv settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back