Contribute
Register

[Success!] Video Editor: i7-3770K, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, EVGA SC GTX 660 Ti 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked in my bios and couldn't find any options to change any SATA ports to not be ejectable/hot-swapable. I looked basically everywhere. Any thoughts?

Geez, I do not have the system here at home, it really was buried deep in the bios-menu. Something separate from the usual peripheral menu, it was a sub-menu to set the controller options for each port as hot-swapable or not. Maybe under the system menu, ATA port settings?

It really worked. Will check exactly with screen-shot tomorrow.

Geez, I do not have the system here at home, it really was buried deep in the bios-menu. Something separate from the usual peripheral menu, it was a sub-menu to set the controller options for each port as hot-swapable or not. Maybe under the system menu, ATA port settings?

It really worked. Will check exactly with screen-shot tomorrow.

Thanks! That would be great :thumbup:

OK, no screen shot but page 53 from the manual (see below)... it was like I wrote: SYSTEM / ATA information where you can set hotswap (hotplug) or not. Anyway this solve the problem you described for me. Hope it works for you too.

Attachments

• Pages-from-mb_manual_ga-z77x-up5_th_e.jpg
    Pages-from-mb_manual_ga-z77x-up5_th_e.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 429
On my system the standard DVD player instantly recognize if i load a DVD to my Sony Optiarc DVD RW AD-7260S without editing that Hot Swap thing.
I've attached my bios settings
Maybe that will help you solve the problem
The USB disconnects after sleep is solved using my settings for XHCI Pre-Boot Driver = Enabled and xHCI Mode = Smart Auto + Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage = Disabled

UPDATE !!!!

I've done a lot of research and testing on this USB3 issue

"
Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage = Disabled"

3.jpg
(screenshot is from my Oc 4,2Ghz bios settings)

That setting is only needed if you are OC'ing

But you can also use it if you're not
It makes no difference

To take advantage of the "xHCI Mode = Smart Auto"

6.jpg

Read my post#347.

If you follow my advice about this (requires a Windows install) you'll have 100 % working USB3 ports.

Sleep/Wake - Boot/Reboot - Hot Swap

There's absolutely no reason to install that new Generic USB3 kext from Multibeast 5.3.0 as that will downgrade the USB3 functionality on both GA-Z77X-UP5-TH rev.1.0 and GA-Z77-UD5H rev. 1.0 + 1.1

If you already installed that you have to delete it from System/Library/Extensions
(GenericUSBXHCI.kext)

But you also have to delete xhcdump located here (hidden)
usr/local/bin.

And then (important) repair disk permissions and rebuild cache.

Attachments

• Bios Settings GA-Z77X-UP5-TH.zip
    687 KB · Views: 314
OK, no screen shot but page 53 from the manual (see below)... it was like I wrote: SYSTEM / ATA information where you can set hotswap (hotplug) or not. Anyway this solve the problem you described for me. Hope it works for you too.

Awesome! I'll be sure to check it out when i get home.

The USB disconnects after sleep is solved using my settings for XHCI Pre-Boot Driver = Enabled and xHCI Mode = Smart Auto + Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage = Disabled

Alright cool, I would like to fix that issue. My only question is, does changing any of those setting affect performance or anything else about the system?

Alright cool, I would like to fix that issue. My only question is, does changing any of those setting affect performance or anything else about the system?

No way
And if you still have that problem after changing these settings you should check if your MB has the latest Via Labs Firmware for the USB3 hubs

http://www.via-labs.com/en/downloads...ase%20Note.pdf

Post#117/UPDATE here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...e-i7-3770k-32gb-ram-gigabyte-gtx-650-a-2.html

The two USB2 ports on the back panel i use for mouse/keyboard and they dos'nt give me any warning.

My case have two USB2 ports on the front (conected to the USB2 header on the MB ) and if i use them i still have that usb warning after sleep.

But if i plug any USB2 or 3 device in any front or rear USB3 port the problem's gone.

My front USB3 ports is connected to the header #2 and #3 on the MB.

And BTY did that Microsoft plist solve your Office problem ?

Cool! Everything seems to function perfectly after waking from sleep! I also changed almost all of my settings to match yours. Thanks muchly for the helpful screenshots!

it was like I wrote: SYSTEM / ATA information where you can set hotswap (hotplug) or not. Anyway this solve the problem you described for me. Hope it works for you too.

You're right! Silly me for missing that. The only problem I realized is.. my DVD drive is connected to the GSATA port, not one of the regular SATA ports. And I couldn't find a hotswap option for the GSATA :( Does anyone have any other ideas? Currently the DVD Player App error message is the only thing not fully functioning properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back