Contribute
Register

Success Sierra 10.12 & 10.12.1 GA-Z170X-UD5 TH, i7 6700K Skylake Gigabyte GTX 970, iMac 14,2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to my GA-Z170X-UD5. After installing my old Asus GeForce 210 1024 MB the screen was stretched and I could not change the resolution in the System Preferences. I installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers. But I had three things checked in Clover: nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1 and Inject Intel. So to make it work with the Geforce 210, I only checked nvda_drv=1 under Boot menu and Inject NVidia under Graphics. Basically I should not have had the nv-disable=1 checked any more. And since I am not using the internal Intel graphics, I didn't need the inject intel checked. Now it works great, smooth as silk. And I can see the transparency in the Dock like it should be, before it was just a flat gay, so I know something was not right. Hope this helps someone with the same problem. It saved me allot of money, because I was about to purchase a new graphics card. BTW, I had an odd noise coming from my speakers. And I fixed it by: Open Utilities -> Audio and Midi In, Built in Output and changed it to Format 96000Hz, 2ch 16 bits.
Screenshot 2017-04-06 16.39.21.png
Screenshot 2017-04-06 16.55.29.png
Screenshot 2017-04-06 16.55.40.png
Screenshot 2017-04-06 19.16.32.png
Screenshot 2017-04-06 19.19.12.png

Last edited:
10.12.5 just got released :) ;)

Anybody updated to 10.12.4 ?
I have not tried it yet. I am still trying to fix one problem first... when I run iMessageDebug, ROM and BoardSerialNumber come back as "failed".

I have not tried it yet. I am still trying to fix one problem first... when I run iMessageDebug, ROM and BoardSerialNumber come back as "failed".
Probably the lack of native NVRAM support.
Install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts with the Clover installer.

RC.png

Kind of off topic, but do you people check for stability of your hackintosh ?

I first check RAM via a boot CD with memtest
Then I run my Hack with basic settings for a couple of days. If stable, I will start overclocking.

I run this render job in FCPX with high CPU/GPU load for at least an hour(big private project)
I import 1000 20 MB Canon RAW files in Lightroom, with 1:1 previews etc.
I run this Cubase project with 64 sampler instances with 16 notes each (so 1024 voices play at once)

If CPU temps will not go above 75 Celsius, and no crashes, all is fine.

These are things I do/use in real life. I don't like the synthetic benchmarking tools(eg Prime 95) much, as these have nothing to do with stuff I encounter on a daily base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back