Contribute
Register

Success Sierra 10.12 & 10.12.1 GA-Z170X-UD5 TH, i7 6700K Skylake Gigabyte GTX 970, iMac 14,2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After enabling the power management, I can now see X86PlatformPlugin in IOreg.

May I know how did you enable power management ?

Edit : Whats the use of power management ? Sorry for the noob question!

Last edited:
May I know how did you enable power management ?

Edit : Whats the use of power management ? Sorry for the noob question!
Basically I watched all VioletDragon's YouTube videos. And did everything he said... best Hackintosh I have ever had.

Hi everybody,
First, thank you so much for the detail of installation, it was the first time for me and it works nice. I'm running on Sierra 10.12.5.
I use two screens and everything is going well for the moment. The only problem is about usb 3.0 when I plug a external HDD (and iMessage doesn't work). I have to check what the problem is, and read all of your comments.

Last edited:
I'm about to buy one of these for my next build... seen some mentions of multi-monitor issues. Is this a function of what motherboard you go with? That seems odd, but that's why I'm asking... I'm running four monitors off my current setup with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, and the only issues I've had are when I've tried to get Intel video to work at the same time as discrete.

So, if this card works fine for me w/ current Sierra on one motherboard, would it as a rule work fine with another, or is it more complicated than that?

edit: The card works just fine with this mobo! :) Install guide was perfect, I had trouble but only because of bad install media. Tried five different sdcards/flash drives, finally got one to work. So far, everything seems good, except for front panel audio (rear works) and Text Message Forwarding (regular iMessage to other iDevices / iPhone users works fine).

Last edited:
iMessage is now working as well, following https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

Also, I threw in a second nvidia video card, a GeForce 9500 GT with two DVI connectors. With this, I'm now running six monitors flawlessly. Very cool!

File%20Jun%2009%2C%203%2046%2018%20PM.jpeg

Upgrade to 10.12.5 (from 10.12.3) went perfectly today. Upgraded Clover first, applied 10.12.5 update, and then reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers (through NVIDIA driver manager preference pane). So far everything appears to be working just fine (wifi, all usbports, etc)...

Upgrade to 10.12.5 (from 10.12.3) went perfectly today. Upgraded Clover first, applied 10.12.5 update, and then reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers (through NVIDIA driver manager preference pane). So far everything appears to be working just fine (wifi, all usbports, etc)...
How did you get your USB3 ports to work? DSDT?

How did you get your USB3 ports to work? DSDT?

I didn't have to do anything special. They just still worked after my ugprade from 10.12.3 to 10.12.5 (The USB ports on the front of the case, as well as the USB3 ports on back, and USB-C port too) As far as initial setup on 10.12.3 goes, I have the exact HW configuration and followed the setup steps exactly as documented in the initial post...

If you'd like me to collect/share any specific info related to my config so that you can compare to yours, happy to provide, just let me know what commands or screenshots to grab for you.

Did you get the sleep/wake working well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back