Contribute
Register

Success Sierra 10.12 & 10.12.1 GA-Z170X-UD5 TH, i7 6700K Skylake Gigabyte GTX 970, iMac 14,2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my new board come tomorrow (with Thunderbolt) . Cpu will be the i5-7600.

I will use the GTX660 Ti Card. For the Card OSX doesnt need any web drivers .

@Cmfusco11
Have you tested the Thunderbolt Connection and maybe the speed of the ports ?

My plan is to dual boot with Windows 10 on a seperate SSD . Can i take the bios setting shown in the video above also for Windows ?
I think Windows 10 will not start when the option "Windows 8/10 Features" is deactivated.

Thanks for helping :cool:

So my new board come tomorrow (with Thunderbolt) . Cpu will be the i5-7600.

I will use the GTX660 Ti Card. For the Card OSX doesnt need any web drivers .

@Cmfusco11
Have you tested the Thunderbolt Connection and maybe the speed of the ports ?

My plan is to dual boot with Windows 10 on a seperate SSD . Can i take the bios setting shown in the video above also for Windows ?
I think Windows 10 will not start when the option "Windows 8/10 Features" is deactivated.

Thanks for helping :cool:
Hi and you will do fine! as for dual boot Windows 8/10 feature will allow you to boot in either windows or OS X as your boot loader will determine what operating system you want to log into. Thunderbolt will work but is not hot swappable which means it needs to start during load up and will need to be configured on the windows side to get that working. As for graphics you should be fine.

need to be configured on the windows side to get that working

Only install the Drivers from the gigabyte's support site ? or something else ?

not hot swappable
so i have to turn off the Hacki when i want to unplug a TB3 device ?

Do you have another sinnfull tweaks ?
Here in the forum someone made a tool to adjust the Monitor Backlight with the F1/F2 Keys .

Last edited:
Only install the Drivers from the gigabyte's support site ? or something else ?

so i have to turn off the Hacki when i want to unplug a TB3 device ?

Do you have another sinnfull tweaks ?
Here in the forum someone made a tool to adjust the Monitor Backlight with the F1/F2 Keys .

make sure the motherboard is updated to latest bios, then install drivers on motherboard for thunderbolt and intel side. ill get you a link, also for tb3 you can unmount while hackintosh is on but ignorer to see it you need to have it plugged in before you turn it on. As for tweaks I haven't really tinkered around too much after I got OS X and drivers installed and everything working I don't really mess with it much but I'm sure theres much more you can discover.

Ok that's good .

What about the other Kexts for power supply, etc. that Shows MultiBeast to me ?

HW monitor etc. ?
See I didn't know of any needed for power supply lol I didn't install any for that.

There is no kext/driver for Power Supplies because they are not needed.

So i have build together my new hardware . I want to try to install osx but i only see the Apple Logo at the screen .

Any idea ?
Latest Bios and Bios settings like above
More then Lilly your bios is not correct, also try using USB2 port instead of 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back