Contribute
Register

Success Sierra 10.12 & 10.12.1 GA-Z170X-UD5 TH, i7 6700K Skylake Gigabyte GTX 970, iMac 14,2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started the process but I had to stop almost immediately at point 7.2.1. My system wasn't identifying all the ports. So I ran Multibeast again enabling the Increase Port Limit option, then rebooted.
All of my USB ports now run perfectly. Do you think I'm good with that or do you believe I need to do the procedure as well in order to not having problems in the future? Thanks for help!
As the guide says, simply using the increase port limit option is not the long term right way to do it and some people have experienced unexpected issues. Following the complete guide is the most stable and correct way to do it. You can take your chances however you like.

@Cmfusco11 - Did you try updating to 10.12.2 ? How did it go ?

success ..
Same build but 980ti sc
system def : MacPro5,1
Lan + Audio works
still testing
Thanks

This is my first system I have put together. I have a very similar system GTX 970 and GA-Z170X-UD5, but no matter way I do I can't get the Nvidia Web drivers to load. I have uninstall and reinstall so many times I don't remember how many times. 10.2.1 was out when I installed so I started there, system definition is set as iMac 14,2. I have tried editing the config.plist using EFI mounter V3 and Textedit and that makes no difference. I also tried using Clover Configurator and removing nvda_drv=1, and it still didn't load the drivers. I also tried updating to 10.12.2 and using the newer Nvidia web drivers and that resulted in the exact same issue. I reinstalled back to 10.12.1 and any help would be much appreciated.

Have not updated yet I just seen drivers are out I will be trying them out soon. also I am waiting for my new 980 ti to come in before I do update to see If it will work ill keep you posted.

This is my first system I have put together. I have a very similar system GTX 970 and GA-Z170X-UD5, but no matter way I do I can't get the Nvidia Web drivers to load. I have uninstall and reinstall so many times I don't remember how many times. 10.2.1 was out when I installed so I started there, system definition is set as iMac 14,2. I have tried editing the config.plist using EFI mounter V3 and Textedit and that makes no difference. I also tried using Clover Configurator and removing nvda_drv=1, and it still didn't load the drivers. I also tried updating to 10.12.2 and using the newer Nvidia web drivers and that resulted in the exact same issue. I reinstalled back to 10.12.1 and any help would be much appreciated.

I am having the exact same issue, my brother has the exact same hardware as me and we built them together yet his works completely fine but mine won't ever load the drivers. I posted a detailed explanation of my problems here. Hoping someone can help me.

Updated 2 days ago and everything worked perfectly all I had to do is a nvidia update once the restart happened it popped up and updated and all good also upgraded to a 980 ti without any issues just plug and play.

This is a great threat. Thanks everyone. Because of it, I am purchasing a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD 5 (non TH) today. Do I need to do anything different if I am not going to install a graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back