Contribute
Register

[Success] MSI Z390-A PRO | i5 8400 | AMD R9 380

Status
Not open for further replies.
@marcellobn
I am out of town now, so can't attach EFI.
U can try the config file attached below (along with the 3 drivers & 6 kexts mentioned in post#1). No need for patched DSDT or SSDT atleast initially.
I didn't mention ethernet work OOB. Needs Intelmausi kext.
Rear USB3 ports work fine (USB3 port from internal headers hangs on pluging USB3 device)
Note: SMBIOS is missing in attached file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I was able to get this board to boot right away on its own using the EFI folder from this post. I also managed to get all USB ports to work using the attached patch based on the SSDT method with the front header plugged into the
JUSB3 connector. However, my USB3 ports were not working with USB3 devices until I added a couple of kext patches. Just curious, did yours work without those patches in Catalina?

Native NVRAM does not seem to be working for me, unfortunately... at least I cannot set a variable that survives a boot as a test. There are variables stored in nvram and KernelPm was selected in Clover to make the boot work... Is your native NVRAM working?

EDIT: forgot to mention that with my Sapphire RX 580, hardware acceleration required that I use the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.

EDIT EDIT: native NVRAM was working all along, methinks. I had disabled CFG lock for the board before starting but ran the wrong commands to test (duh!). Running without KernelPm now.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    658 bytes · Views: 79
Last edited:
@sunkid
I have deleted unused USB2 entries from DSDT and SSDT (xh_cfsd4) in order to make USB3 ports work. Hence I don't need USBInjectAll kext or patches.

Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I should have been: running Catalina, all my USB ports worked OOB with USB2 devices. However, none of the USB3 ports worked with USB3 devices until I applied the patches in the second link. I also limited the available ports using a custom SSDT and USBInjectAll kext, which is still required for this approach.

MSR or CFG_Lock is in UEFI, OC, CPU Features so is VT-D

My ports work fine without any USBInjectAll or custom SSDT just the 4 that OpenCore say to start with then change 2 when I dug into the prebuilt SSDT they show for Coffee Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back