Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi, @CaseySJ. I upgrade my Vision D from 16GB RAM to 32GB and lost WiFi. I have 13.3.1 Ventura. If I remove 8GB on any socket WiFi's back, what you think is the issue?
It is necessary to enable AppleVTD by following these steps:

I just checked my Z390 Designare with Ventura 13.4:
  • Both on-board Ethernet ports connect and work, but it does take some time to establish a connection (about 20-30 seconds)
  • Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi also connects and works
I have AppleVTD and DisableIoMapperMapping enabled. There are no firewall or virus checkers installed.

@CaseySJ

Thanks CaseySJ! DisableIoMapperMapping was not selected. The first time I booted with it selected within seconds of getting to the desktop the hack panicked. The second time I booted the desktop was never displayed.

I had originally installed 13.4 via System Settings -> Software Update. So I reinstalled 13.4 via the full installer to see if that made any difference, and it didn't help. Without enabling DisableIoMapperMapping again only the "upper" Ethernet port was active.

So I again enabled DisableIoMapperMapping and everything booted normally and both Ethernet ports and WiFi were working. It made no difference whether the Firewall was active or inactive.

I also re-installed Little Snitch and all network connections continue to work normally. So I am now back to normal with your help.

Thanks again CaseySJ!

Any guesses on what might cause this or where to look?

1684527957639.png
I did try again, then rebooted not reopening windows and tried again. Same result each time.

Edit:
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein

Sometimes insanity is the right answer I guess. Pushed the button one more time and I'm upgraded.

@thalaes I would have tried your trick next, thanks.

Last edited:
@Tea-Bone , just disable bluetoolfixup kext and restart then enable it again when update are finished.

Hi, @CaseySJ. I upgrade my Vision D from 16GB RAM to 32GB and lost WiFi. I have 13.3.1 Ventura. If I remove 8GB on any socket WiFi's back, what you think is the issue?

This may or may not be related

Are you using any XMP profiles or funky setting for memory ? (overclocking etc)
or have mismatched memory modules ?

In which case use the safest defauits for memory & see if you still have any issues

I have 64gb in mine (z390) & had some extreme XMP setting & my machine used to be extremely unstable & reboot/freeze & now at default, its been working well since

This may or may not be related

Are you using any XMP profiles or funky setting for memory ? (overclocking etc)
or have mismatched memory modules ?

In which case use the safest defauits for memory & see if you still have any issues

I have 64gb in mine (z390) & had some extreme XMP setting & my machine used to be extremely unstable & reboot/freeze & now at default, its been working well since
I have mismatched memory modules! by the way. @CaseySJ I followed all the steps in your post and issues remain. But I have mismatched memory pairs. @madmax559 thanks for your advise. I try to buy a paired memory modules

I still have trouble getting my Z390 to boot MacOS.

This is with an adapted Z390 OC 0.9.1 EFI from this thread. This is a bare Z390 now, no BT or WIFI.

Any suggestions? @CaseySJ?

Attachments

• V-bootZ390.jpg
    V-bootZ390.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 32
** OpenCore 0.9.2 Mini-Guide **
Gigabyte Z390 Designare

I am on OC 0.8.9 and 13.2.1, everything working great. Is it still OK to just use HackinDROM to update OC, or does this guide incorporate changes to EFI that are needed for ethernet and other recent issues that have cropped up in Ventura, and so better to do a fresh EFI with this guide before I update to 13.4?

I still have trouble getting my Z390 to boot MacOS.

This is with an adapted Z390 OC 0.9.1 EFI from this thread. This is a bare Z390 now, no BT or WIFI.

Any suggestions? @CaseySJ?
Some questions / comments:
  • Is this Ventura 13.4?
  • Are you using Fenvi FV-T919? I ask because log shows "BlueTool" and "airportd"
  • Please post EFI folder with serial numbers removed

I am on OC 0.8.9 and 13.2.1, everything working great. Is it still OK to just use HackinDROM to update OC, or does this guide incorporate changes to EFI that are needed for ethernet and other recent issues that have cropped up in Ventura, and so better to do a fresh EFI with this guide before I update to 13.4?
It's okay to use HackinDROM, but enable DisableIoMapperMapping kernel quirk manually (using OpenCore Configurator) before installing macOS 13.3 or newer.

Back