Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I lost Apple Music lossless and Atmos after the 13.3.1 with OC 0.9.2 update. This happened several updates ago, and I can't recall what was done to fix this when this issue first surfaced. Any ideas?

I lost Apple Music lossless and Atmos after the 13.3.1 with OC 0.9.2 update. This happened several updates ago, and I can't recall what was done to fix this when this issue first surfaced. Any ideas?
Got it back, changed the system product name back to iMacPro1,1 from iMac19,1

@CaseySJ I don't thank you often enough.

• Made a bootable backup yesterday.
  • Installed OC 0.92 this morning.
  • Hit the install button for Ventura 13.3.1 on my Monterey Designare
  • It took me by surprise that it was already downloaded and rebooted.
  • A couple of reboots and probably < 30 minutes later I was on Ventura
  • A quick trip to OC Configurator and another reboot and I was back on the network WiFi and Ethernet

Probably the fastest smoothest OS upgrade I've ever done.

I am on Monterey 12.6.5 with OC-0.8.3 with everything working.
Audio/WiFi/Bluetooth/Continuity/Apple Watch unlock etc etc

So if I follow your process above, then these steps should work

1. Update OC 0.8.3 -> OC 0.9.2
2. Reboot into Monterey 12.6.5 & verify everything works as above
3. Download Ventura 13.3.1
4. Start upgrade
5. Reboot to new os with everything intact

I am on Monterey 12.6.5 with OC-0.8.3 with everything working.
Audio/WiFi/Bluetooth/Continuity/Apple Watch unlock etc etc

So if I follow your process above, then these steps should work

1. Update OC 0.8.3 -> OC 0.9.2
2. Reboot into Monterey 12.6.5 & verify everything works as above
3. Download Ventura 13.3.1
4. Start upgrade
5. Reboot to new os with everything intact
These are the right steps, but I would also advise you to make a full backup of Monterey before upgrading.

Hi Casey,

Is it possible to run a Fenvi Bcm94360ng Wifi M2 card in the Designare Z390 CNvi slot ? I know the intel AX200 works, but I had this lying around and installed it. However it is not recognised.

I would like to know what to change in your 0.92 efi that I'm running succesfully with Ventura 13.3.1(a)
I tried to just unquote the bluetoolfixup, bcrmfirmwaredata, bcrmpatchram3 and intelbluetooth kexts
and activated the internal HS14 with your SSDT..V7D for intel.

Wifi stays unavailable. I know you run the same Fenvi m2card in another board, so maybe you can show me the steps to take.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Casey,

Is it possible to run a Fenvi Bcm94360ng Wifi M2 card in the Designare Z390 CNvi slot ? I know the intel AX200 works, but I had this lying around and installed it. However it is not recognised.

I would like to know what to change in your 0.92 efi that I'm running succesfully with Ventura 13.3.1(a)
I tried to just unquote the bluetoolfixup, bcrmfirmwaredata, bcrmpatchram3 and intelbluetooth kexts
and activated the internal HS14 with your SSDT..V7D for intel.

Wifi stays unavailable. I know you run the same Fenvi m2card in another board, so maybe you can show me the steps to take.

Thanks in advance.
Hello @Svekke,

Alas it’s not possible to run Broadcom cards in that slot. On newer motherboards this restriction does not apply, but on the Designare Z390 that slot accepts Intel CNVi modules only.

Hello all! Long time since I've been here. Been running my i9-9900K with RX580 flawless for a couple of years now (thanks again @CaseySJ !!). As a photo- and videographer, using mostly Lightroom and FCP, this is a perfect machine! For video I recently purchased 4K cams. Up till now I used HD cams. I still have to test whether multicam will work with this machine and the 4K cams. But during the winter I started gaming World of Tanks Blitz. I couldn't play on high settings or my RX580 would freeze. Screens go blanc, but I can still hear the game sounds. Recently I tried War Thunder, but even on lowest settings the RX580 freezes after about 20 or 30 minutes.

I run macOS Monterey 12.6.5 (won't upgrade to Ventura), with OpenCore 0.9.2 and settings from HackinDROM. 64GB RAM and iMac19,1 setting.

Is there a significant better graphics card I can put in my machine, without compromising stability? Or could this also be a cooling issue? With photo and video the Mac never runs hotter then 78º max 80º, even under sustained heavy load (exporting 1000 photo's or encoding 2 hours of HD movie). But these tasks are more CPU heavy I believe.

Hackintosh.jpg

Is there a significant better graphics card I can put in my machine, without compromising stability?
RX 6600, or RX 6800/6900 depending on budget.

Or could this also be a cooling issue?
I don't quit understand your airflow model. As shown, the NH-D15 exhausts to the two fans at the top. But intake is blocked by the GPU.
I would rotate the cooler by 90° to exhaust to the back, and back fan. The top may even be closed. How's the case intake?

RX 6600, or RX 6800/6900 depending on budget.

I don't quit understand your airflow model. As shown, the NH-D15 exhausts to the two fans at the top. But intake is blocked by the GPU.
I would rotate the cooler by 90° to exhaust to the back, and back fan. The top may even be closed. How's the case intake?
I have also been looking at the photo for a while. I don't get the airflow either...

Back