Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

And as for the "Just have to copy your serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub. "

I'd do that via propertree after the boot correct?

I'm getting this guy with this EFI

Attachments

• IMG_2677.JPG
    IMG_2677.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2667 2.JPG
    IMG_2667 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
@CaseySJ As ever, I am thankful for your help - I am the guy with the Z390 Aurous Xtreme from the very early days of this thread. I had been stable on 0.6.7 and then 0.7 OC for some time but decided yesterday to upgrade from Big Sur to Monterray and update OC. I started with OC and was able to update to 0.7.6 but I broke wifi and bluetooth (I have a Broadcom WiFi card that should be native, I suspect USB problem). So I figured I would fix that after upgrading to Monterray, which I installed and then I can no longer get the system to boot. The last time I updated my system, we were all using open core configurator and HackinDROM doesn't have a thing for my Z390 Xtreme. Can you take a look at my EFI / config.plist here to see what dumb thing I am sure that I have done? Thank you as always.

Attachments

• config.plist
    36.1 KB · Views: 31
@CaseySJ As ever, I am thankful for your help - I am the guy with the Z390 Aurous Xtreme from the very early days of this thread. I had been stable on 0.6.7 and then 0.7 OC for some time but decided yesterday to upgrade from Big Sur to Monterray and update OC. I started with OC and was able to update to 0.7.6 but I broke wifi and bluetooth (I have a Broadcom WiFi card that should be native, I suspect USB problem). So I figured I would fix that after upgrading to Monterray, which I installed and then I can no longer get the system to boot. The last time I updated my system, we were all using open core configurator and HackinDROM doesn't have a thing for my Z390 Xtreme. Can you take a look at my EFI / config.plist here to see what dumb thing I am sure that I have done? Thank you as always.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
You can use the following files from the OpenCore EFI folder located here:
  • OC/ACPI/SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
  • OC/Kexts/USBInjectAll-076.kext

This means there is a mismatch between OpenCore itself and OpenCore Configurator. If you use OpenCore Configurator, the latest version only works with OpenCore 0.7.6 and 0.7.7.

To check which version of OpenCore you have, look at the Date Created field in Get Info for the following files:
  • EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi
  • EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi
If the creation date is October 2021, you have OpenCore 0.7.4
If the creation date is November 2021, you have OpenCore 0.7.5
If the creation date is December 2021, you have OpenCore 0.7.6

The month and year tells us the version number.

My opencore.efi & BootX64.efi are both from March 2020

Should I just replace with the one from the link?

Thanks in advance!

My opencore.efi & BootX64.efi are both from March 2020

Should I just replace with the one from the link?

Thanks in advance!
Do not do that or you'll break your EFI. Your OC version is "outdated" and you'll encounter config.plist, Lilu and plugins incompatibility issues.
Its better to create a new EFI with your current PlatformInfo (serial numbers, system product name etc.).
At first make a backup of your current EFI.

And as for the "Just have to copy your serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub. "

I'd do that via propertree after the boot correct?
Follow the guide below, but adapt it for OpenCore 0.7.6. Step 11 shows which PlatformInfo credentials need to be copied.

I’ll take a look soon. Some immediate comments:
  • VT-d should be enabled in BIOS if t you’re dropping the original DMAR table and replacing it with a modified version.
  • BlueToolFixup.kext is necessary in Monterey for any kind of Bluetooth operation (both Broadcom and Intel).
Update:
  • Please try attached EFI folder, but copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub before use.

Attachments

• EFI-frickergg.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
If Monterey is installed on Samsung NVMe SSDs, boot time can increase by 60-100 seconds due to "trim" incompatibilty.
  • This can be addressed by cloning the Samsung NVMe SSD to another disk, erasing the Samsung NVMe SSD with Disk Utility, and cloning macOS back. Please be careful with this process if you decide to do it.
Hi Casey!

Do you know the reasoning for why this fix should work? I would like to try this but I'd like to understand the fix a bit better before I dive in :)

Back