Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I’ll take a look soon. Some immediate comments:
  • VT-d should be enabled in BIOS if t you’re dropping the original DMAR table and replacing it with a modified version.
  • BlueToolFixup.kext is necessary in Monterey for any kind of Bluetooth operation (both Broadcom and Intel).
Update:
  • Please try attached EFI folder, but copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub before use.
Thanks for that. I wasn't able to boot, but I think we are much closer.

Here was what I recorded of my boot screen. This is the last frame before it went to black.

Thanks! @CaseySJ

Attachments

• frickegg fail screen.PNG
    frickegg fail screen.PNG
    6.1 MB · Views: 34
That's why I mentioned BIOS F9g and F9i because USB-C devices will connect on Thunderbolt ports. With BIOS F9, Thunderbolt works fine, but USB-C device (which are not Thunderbolt) will not work.

Refer to Section 1 of Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1 for links to F9g and F9i.

Really stupid question-

I cant get the BIOS to recognize the file I downloaded. I got the Z390DESImodMC.F9i and popped it into a new clean drive. Granted its the only file in the drive and nothing is shown when put in BIOS

EDIT: Figured it out- had my drive as ExFAT, not FAT.

Attachments

• IMG_2685.JPG
    IMG_2685.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Really stupid question-

I cant get the BIOS to recognize the file I downloaded. I got the Z390DESImodMC.F9i and popped it into a new clean drive. Granted its the only file in the drive and nothing is shown when put in BIOS
If there are multiple partitions on the flash drive, they will appear as Part.1, Part.2, etc. If your BIOS file is not present in Part.1, select Part.2 instead (Part means Partition):
IMG_2685.JPG

Thanks for that. I wasn't able to boot, but I think we are much closer.

Here was what I recorded of my boot screen. This is the last frame before it went to black.

Thanks! @CaseySJ
Which AMD GPU are you using, if any?

Also disable AirportBrcmFixup.kext as shown:
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 3.29.29 PM.png

If that doesn't help, disable all three AirportBrcmFixup kexts:
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 3.31.51 PM.png

Also disable CPUFriend.kext because I don't see a required CPUFriendDataProvider.kext.

Last edited:
If there are multiple partitions on the flash drive, they will appear as Part.1, Part.2, etc. If your BIOS file is not present in Part.1, select Part.2 instead (Part means Partition):
View attachment 538906

Thank you I am now on F9i

Should I follow this to continue on with Big Sur?

Attachments

• IMG_2686.jpg
    IMG_2686.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
Which AMD GPU are you using, if any?

Also disable AirportBrcmFixup.kext as shown:
View attachment 538907
If that doesn't help, disable all three AirportBrcmFixup kexts:
View attachment 538909

Also disable CPUFriend.kext because I don't see a required CPUFriendDataProvider.kext.
Thank you - will do, this may well be the issue, as right now I am not using an AMD GPU as I sold mine (bad decision) and had been just using the iGPU.

so right now just 9900K and UHD 630 iGPU

Should I replace
Download the OpenCore 0.6.6 EFI from the mini-guide. Follow the instructions in that guide for adding the following parameters:

with instead?

Back