Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hey guys, new to the forum here. I'm currently trying to get Mojave to work with my Z390 Designare with OpenCore. I downloaded the 0.7.6 EFI folder and made sure to set SecureBootModel to Disabled. When I try and boot it goes to the Apple logo with no loading bar and stays there. I had tried removing SSDTs/Drivers/Kexts that weren't applicable to Mojave (10.14.6) but keep getting stuck at the Apple logo. I tired older EFI files for OpenCore 0.7.1 & 0.6.6 & 0.6.1 with all the same issues. I also made sure to set the Device Info/ settings to iMac19,1

I wanted to stay on Mojave due to music software/hardware that I currently use. Any guidance would greatly be appreciated !
Hello @andypeterguitar,

Some questions:
  • Has Mojave been running on this system for some time, but with Clover?
  • Now you're migrating from Clover to OpenCore?
  • If so, are you following the migration guide located here?
  • If so, at the OpenCore boot picker, press and release CMD-V to enable Verbose logs. Then select Mojave. When the boot process freezes, either describe the error you see or post a photo (with EXIF location information removed).

• What is the make/model of each NVMe SSD?

ADATA S11 2GB and S40 4GB (2xS40)

• Have you tried CMOS Reset?
Yes, 2 times
  • Is there a hardware problem with the NVMe SSD? If you have another computer, does this NVMe SSD work correctly on that system? (If you have external enclosure for NVMe SSD, you can connect it to the same computer or another computer via USB.)

With other computers, the problem does not occur and there are no problems.
In z390m gaming, the problem only occurs on the M.2 slot on the processor. If I stick an SSD in my pocket for USB, no problem.

Hi @CaseySJ,

Did you have a look at my ioregistry screenshots on the previous page?
Yes I looked at the screenshots. The MOTU is physically connecting, but the driver is not. If the failure occurs with AppleVTD either enabled or disabled, then I know it's tempting to flash the firmware. You're welcome to try that, but do understand the risks involved.

I believe the chances are low that flashed firmware will fix the issue. However, if MOTU has recently modified the drivers in such a way that Thunderbolt Bus is necessary, then of course flashing the firmware may solve the problem.

Ok i will flash it. Fingers crossed
Please take extreme care when attaching and detaching the SOIC8 clip to the Winbond ROM chip. If you're near-sighted, remove glasses or contact lenses so you can focus easily at close range. Steady hands and good lighting are also essential, as is extreme patience!

Flashrom may not find the device right away. It may be necessary to gently wiggle and/or reattach the SOIC8 clip and try several times before a connection with the chip is established. This is certainly not a process to be rushed!

Please take extreme care when attaching and detaching the SOIC8 clip to the Winbond ROM chip. If you're near-sighted, remove glasses or contact lenses so you can focus easily at close range. Steady hands and good lighting are also essential, as is extreme patience!

Flashrom may not find the device right away. It may be necessary to gently wiggle and/or reattach the SOIC8 clip and try several times before a connection with the chip is established. This is certainly not a process to be rushed!
most exciting moment when the 3 dumps all have the same hash

After updating my Mac (running Monterey) to HackinDROM 2.0.6 I'm having trouble logging in to Windows 11 -- is there a way to go back to the previous version of DROM? Or is there anything else that can help me getting access to Windows again?

EDIT:
Noticed that I didn't have the latest version of Monterey running, updating now. That will probably solve it.

Last edited:
After updating my Mac (running Monterey) to HackinDROM 2.0.6 I'm having trouble logging in to Windows 11 -- is there a way to go back to the previous version of DROM? Or is there anything else that can help me getting access to Windows again?

EDIT:
Noticed that I didn't have the latest version of Monterey running, updating now. That will probably solve it.
HackinDROM is not a bootloader, it can't prevent you to log into Windows. You have to check your OC EFI configurations

EDIT:
AppleVTD can interfere with the ability to boot Windows through OpenCore. Simply disable AppleVTD by following the bottom half of this guide:

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 1.32.08 PM.png

Back