Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

hello @CaseySJ

I'm running f9i, do you think it's worth switching? Because this thing and not being able to go back to the old version, it can complicate things.

Z390 Designare

What do you think.

hello @CaseySJ

I'm running f9i, do you think it's worth switching? Because this thing and not being able to go back to the old version, it can complicate things.

Z390 Designare

What do you think.
With BIOS F9 we cannot connect USB-C devices to the on-board Thunderbolt ports. But BIOS F9 fixes some security issues. So the decision is really up to each person.

@iamjoehan

Your previous post exposed the serial number, so it was removed for your protection. However, to answer your questions:
  • Handoff and Airdrop require both WiFi and Bluetooth. If Bluetooth isn't working, it may be due to USB port map. Specifically, we must disable USB port HS14 that contains Intel Bluetooth. If you need help with this, just ask.
  • To bypass the OpenCore boot picker and boot macOS directly, we can do this:
Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 12.27.57 PM.png

• Are you trying to delete the "Guest User"? When you created this user, did you specify its home directory as _redgiantservice? I'm trying to determine where "_redgiantservice" came from.

@iamjoehan

Your previous post exposed the serial number, so it was removed for your protection. However, to answer your questions:
  • Handoff and Airdrop require both WiFi and Bluetooth. If Bluetooth isn't working, it may be due to USB port map. Specifically, we must disable USB port HS14 that contains Intel Bluetooth. If you need help with this, just ask.
  • To bypass the OpenCore boot picker and boot macOS directly, we can do this:
View attachment 538804
  • Are you trying to delete the "Guest User"? When you created this user, did you specify its home directory as _redgiantservice? I'm trying to determine where "_redgiantservice" came from.

How do I disable port map? Is this done in the BIOS?

Also I made the changes to the OC boot and it's now stuck

Attachments

• IMG_2667 2.JPG
    IMG_2667 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
How do I disable port map? Is this done in the BIOS?
You can use the following files from the OpenCore EFI folder located here:
  • OC/ACPI/SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml
  • OC/Kexts/USBInjectAll-076.kext

Also I made the changes to the OC boot and it's now stuck
This means there is a mismatch between OpenCore itself and OpenCore Configurator. If you use OpenCore Configurator, the latest version only works with OpenCore 0.7.6 and 0.7.7.

To check which version of OpenCore you have, look at the Date Created field in Get Info for the following files:
  • EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi
  • EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi
If the creation date is October 2021, you have OpenCore 0.7.4
If the creation date is November 2021, you have OpenCore 0.7.5
If the creation date is December 2021, you have OpenCore 0.7.6

The month and year tells us the version number.

You can use the following files from the OpenCore EFI folder located here:

This means there is a mismatch between OpenCore itself and OpenCore Configurator. If you use OpenCore Configurator, the latest version only works with OpenCore 0.7.6 and 0.7.7.

To check which version of OpenCore you have, look at the Date Created field in Get Info for the following files:
  • EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi
  • EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi
If the creation date is October 2021, you have OpenCore 0.7.4
If the creation date is November 2021, you have OpenCore 0.7.5
If the creation date is December 2021, you have OpenCore 0.7.6

The month and year tells us the version number.
How do I get unstuck from this page and go back to my OpenCore?

Also should I just add the two aml and kext files to my EFI from the zip download?

How do I get unstuck from this page and go back to my OpenCore?

Also should I just add the two aml and kext files to my EFI from the zip download?
It will be much easier if you use the entire EFI folder from the link I provided. Just have to copy your serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub. Copy the new EFI folder to EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from flash drive by pressing F12 at Gigabyte splash screen.

Which EFI should I get?
OC-076-DESIGNARE-Z390-INTEL-WIRELESS
or
OC-076-DESIGNARE-Z390

I'm assuming the former of the two?

Also I can copy the serial numbers after the boot right? I dont have the new ones outside the machine.

Which EFI should I get?
OC-076-DESIGNARE-Z390-INTEL-WIRELESS
or
OC-076-DESIGNARE-Z390

I'm assuming the former of the two?

Also I can copy the serial numbers after the boot right? I dont have the new ones outside the machine.
do you have intel wireless?

Back