Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The first 4 bytes of Thunderbolt firmware (from the chip) point to the start of the Active Partition.
I know it (osy's describe). And I know that "ThunderboltConfig" is in every ssdt (Micro Guide). But this config is always different, and for my motherboard ssdt doesn't have... That's why there are so many questions :)

@NorthAmTransAm,

A new Asus ThunderboltEX 3-TR to be bundled with Maximus XII Extreme, but hopefully available separately as well??

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 6.21.56 AM.png

@CaseySJ OC 0.5.8 is out. Will you update your mini-guide? (also the N-D-K?). Thanks to you, I have an absolutely stable system running. Thank you!!! But somehow I don't dare to update the OC. How to perform an OC Update?

Before I go back to working in an office instead of working at home, I am trying to come up with a good remote access solution. Chrome Remote Desktop does work, but I only like it as a solution of last resort.

I cannot get native vnc or screen sharing to connect on my local network to my hackintosh, but my hack can connect to my other devices (mac mini, macbook pro) and my other macs can connect to each other. Here is what I have done/tested, so far:
  • Internet and local network access to other device work fine
  • Handoff / Continuity features work
  • No 3rd party network security firewall software is installed
  • Confirmed firewall off
  • Confirm Screen Sharing is on
It looks like something is blocking all inbound traffic to my hackintosh, not just Screen Sharing. To test this theory, I:
  • Setup static IP
  • Confirmed netmask and gateway addresses are correct and on the same network as other devices
  • Confirmed ports open using Network Utility from hackintosh
From any other device on my network
  • Cannot ping (wired or wireless) the hackintosh IPs from another device
  • No open ports using Network Utility on the hackintosh IPs from another device
  • Can see hackintosh in Finder from another device
You lot have any suggestions/ideas?

This is definitely worth trying on Titan Ridge. Too bad both of my Designares have been flashed already. But I can un-flash the Test Bench.
I'm certainly happy to give this a try, but will need some tips as to how to proceed. I am way out of my depth in the ACPI coding here, but I do have an unflashed Designare z390 and am motivated to find a solution that doesn't require me to pull my rig down off the wall and deconstruct it.

Before I go back to working in an office instead of working at home, I am trying to come up with a good remote access solution. Chrome Remote Desktop does work, but I only like it as a solution of last resort.

I cannot get native vnc or screen sharing to connect on my local network to my hackintosh, but my hack can connect to my other devices (mac mini, macbook pro) and my other macs can connect to each other. Here is what I have done/tested, so far:
  • Internet and local network access to other device work fine
  • Handoff / Continuity features work
  • No 3rd party network security firewall software is installed
  • Confirmed firewall off
  • Confirm Screen Sharing is on
It looks like something is blocking all inbound traffic to my hackintosh, not just Screen Sharing. To test this theory, I:
  • Setup static IP
  • Confirmed netmask and gateway addresses are correct and on the same network as other devices
  • Confirmed ports open using Network Utility from hackintosh
From any other device on my network
  • Cannot ping (wired or wireless) the hackintosh IPs from another device
  • No open ports using Network Utility on the hackintosh IPs from another device
  • Can see hackintosh in Finder from another device
You lot have any suggestions/ideas?
The first thing that comes to mind: Is Firewall turned off?
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 7.49.08 AM.png

I'm certainly happy to give this a try, but will need some tips as to how to proceed. I am way out of my depth in the ACPI coding here, but I do have an unflashed Designare z390 and am motivated to find a solution that doesn't require me to pull my rig down off the wall and deconstruct it.
Because you have more than 75 posts I can send you files and instructions by Private Message. But let's keep all of the associated discussion here in public for everyone's benefit. Will follow-up with you soon.

@CaseySJ OC 0.5.8 is out. Will you update your mini-guide? (also the N-D-K?). Thanks to you, I have an absolutely stable system running. Thank you!!! But somehow I don't dare to update the OC. How to perform an OC Update?
Sure, working on it...

Back