Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

waiting on the proper cables to test this

@3Dman
Don't know my captain !
Found this on Thunderbolt and security on MS Windows:
Unique ID number
Every ThunderboltTM 3 Controller has a unique ID fused in silicon during production, this allows to identify a specific device

Doesn't specify where it's fused but probably not on the firmware then...

Last edited:
** Several New Apple Products Announced Today **

• New iPad Pros with LIDAR scanner
  • New Mac mini
    • Only a storage bump
  • New MacBook Air with 10th Gen Intel CPU (does it have WIFi 6?)
    • No WiFi 6!
    • But 2x the performance.
    • Four-core model with 512GB at $1299. Not bad.
New iPad Pros support WiFi 6, so it's likely that 2020 MacBook Pros and possibly new iMac might support it as well. Perhaps Fenvi will create a new WiFi 6 / BT 5.0 PCIe card for us?
Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 2.32.21 PM.png

P.S New iMacs tomorrow?

Last edited:
Do the nodes and all that load but no device attaches or do you get complete nada?

If the nodes do show up, then try using the SSDT attached. If that makes it work then you need need to replace the TBROM section of the current SSDTs. This was the path I had to take.

Nothing at all appears. Card is not even registered by the system as being plugged in. :confused: On NVM23 I get all the same results as @CaseySJ and the rest.

Has anyone gotten that modded NVM43 to work/show up at all? I have only had success with NVM23 variations.
I think the z390 one works great on my AIC no target disk or direct thunderbolt but most everything else works.

Last edited:
Found this on Thunderbolt and security on MS Windows:
Unique ID number
Every ThunderboltTM 3 Controller has a unique ID fused in silicon during production, this allows to identify a specific device

Doesn't specify where it's fused but probably not on the firmware then...
It is supposed to be in the DROM section of the firmware, but not every manufacturer adheres to this. Apple, for example, ships their computers with an empty or generic firmware UID, but Apple's EFI drivers assign a UID on boot.

The Thunderbolt firmware on Designare Z390 also seems to ship with a generic UID, which is why we created the Thunderbolt DROM Micro-Guide so each of us can specify a unique ID.

@zipb
you can see my previous post here for Windows TB after patching :)

I understand this is a way back, reflashing the GA firmware makes TB work again in Windows. But if I flash for Mac TB, TB on Windows is completely/partially broken until I reflash to the Gigabyte firmware?

It is supposed to be in the DROM section of the firmware, but not every manufacturer adheres to this. Apple, for example, ships their computers with an empty or generic firmware UID, but Apple's EFI drivers assign a UID on boot.

The Thunderbolt firmware on Designare Z390 also seems to ship with a generic UID, which is why we created the Thunderbolt DROM Micro-Guide so each of us can specify a unique ID.
Unique ID is not UID in that case, it's Domain UUID. and it's not in the DROM section.
For example this is mine masked:
* domain0 c4010000-0070-7X1e-0X7a-bX12X0000X22
|- bootacl: 0/16
`- security: none

I'm sure every Designare board will be different. It seems to be required to implement Thunderbolt security features.

log show --last boot | grep Thunderbolt Output at the moment @CaseySJ

Attachments

• TB3.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 100
Back