Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Wow honest mistake.... I did it and now I'm in the recovery / install window.

What should I do, try to fix the config.plst ? How do I access that file on the hidden EFI partition.
No -- do not boot into recovery. Instead, do this:
  • Boot from the USB install disk (F12 at BIOS Splash Screen).
  • When Clover Boot Menu appears, choose the normal option to Boot macOS Catalina from <name of your disk>.
  • You should be able to log in. However, you might get some iCloud warnings -- because you're probably using new serial numbers. Don't worry about that for now. But don't try to fix those iCloud errors. Just ignore them.
  • Now mount EFI partition of the macOS SSD and post your config.plist.
  • I'll try to fix it for you.

I removed the offending part in the config.plst and now it boots like before... but my original problem with sounds is still there... I have uploaded all of my clover if you could have a look please :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5 MB · Views: 64
I removed the offending part in the config.plst and now it boots like before... but my original problem with sounds is still there... I have uploaded all of my clover if you could have a look please :)
Quite a few issues... Anyway, I've tried to fix them all, but please backup your existing CLOVER folder then replace it with the attached version (rename it to just CLOVER, of course).

Remember: If the system fails to boot with this version, just use the USB flash disk to boot and let me know.

Also, when the system is fully operational, make a full bootable backup.

Mojave bootable backup
Catalina bootable backup

Attachments

• CLOVER-malekmtl.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 76
Because the original poster removed that file, I do not think it is appropriate for me to post it publicly.
Really sad...

Last edited:
If you know whether the Corsair device is connected to HS11 or HS12 (you can check this by running IORegistryExplorer and scrolling the device tree on left side until you get to XHC [don't use 'search' field] and looking under both HS11 and HS12 for a Corsair device) we can disable just that port in macOS.

That will completely shutdown the USB port -- but in macOS only. Windows will not be affected. But it could fix sleep/wake on macOS.

Hi @CaseySJ,

Thank you for the help! When I get back from this trip I'll take a look. I also see the modified AML you provided @xanderevo and I can try that as well :)

What I'd really like to do is disable all USB devices from waking OSX from sleep and have it only be the power button.

I'd like to be able to passthrough all the iCue devices to VMware's Fusion so I can control them from there. I see some older information on "_PRW" modification to accomplish that in the SSDT but not sure how to get that done with these configuration files.

Thank you again!

Lam

Doubtful it would help but I noticed a few ASRock AMD boards (state of AMD builds is mostly native now thanks to some smart people btw, cool!) have built in Thunderbolt ports.

Please also check Thunderbolt --> Discrete Thunderbolt Configuration --> GPIO3 Force Pwr. It must be Enabled.
@CaseySJ Thanks so much, that was it! Could have sworn I saw somewhere else in this thread that it needed to be disabled haha. I'd suggest that as an edit to the mini-guide :)

I've added the following warning to the Catalina Mini-Guide:

View attachment 449247
Pretty crazy. I’ve been crashing because of this for months now and it’s been making me nuts. Just updated to 10.15.4 beta and so far so good. I've been through so many others things to try and narrow this down. So, so random and such a brutal issue that just ruins the computer. FINGERS CROSSED.

Please compress and upload the CLOVER folder from the USB flash disk.
Please see attached, have deleted SMBIOS info.
Would it be a good idea to reflash the bios? I think that will reset NVRAM. Then I can optimise settings again and check for native NVRAM.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 90
Doubtful it would help but I noticed a few ASRock AMD boards (state of AMD builds is mostly native now thanks to some smart people btw, cool!) have built in Thunderbolt ports.

ASRock recently received formal Thunderbolt Certification from Intel on an X570 board. I have the X570 Creator and have extracted its Titan Ridge firmware. Thankfully, the Creator uses a Macronix chip (MXIC 25L8006E), which is much easier to read.

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 8.56.09 AM.png

Last edited:
Back