Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Okay, so the fallback plan now is:
  • Delete both OcQuirks-4.efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi from the CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder.
  • Download and copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi into that folder. This file is located at the bottom of Post #1.
  • Also ensure that Boot Arguments contain slide=0.
Unfortunately, still hanging at the Apple logo.

OK something quite strange is happening. The fan "problem" still exists as I mentioned it.

The "Quiet" BIOS on my RX580 which I mentioned earlier didn't work with CSM off, turns out that it works BUT The red light (VGA) on my Designare z390 stays lit and nothing is displayed on the screen until I get to the MacOS login. Not even BIOS screen, no macOS loading nothing. The VGA light on the MoBo remains lit all the way through. Any ideas what that might be? (Checked the clocks on both modes, they are as expected so chances of modified VBIOS are lower)

Fan still never goes higher than 25% (in my standard "Performance" Bios of the GPU) even at 75 degrees. :crazy:

Maybe it’s just the aggressive MacOS fan curve, waiting to ramp up at something like 80? Or is it not communicating correctly with the OS? How are your RX 580 nitro+ special Edition fans spinning?

Interesting, so 1 VBIOS works normally regardless of CSM setting, and the other does not? I still wonder if the VBIOS were modified in some way... What are you using to test/measure your GPU? Note that my 580 is Nitro+, but not special Edition.

I'm going to try and get GPU-Z to get my VBIOS info/versions, and then test the card to see how the fans go. It may take me a day or 2, as work is a bit crazy at the moment :)

You mentioned you do or don't have Windows installed? Sorry can't remember. Seeing how macOS has native support for the card in question I don't think there would be any communication issues, so was wondering how things looked/worked under Windows...

The CSM issue you describe sounds like a GOP/UEFI video driver thing, where the video drivers aren't loaded until the OS takes over and loads them, but again, this shouldn't happen with macOS which uses the newer drivers, so not quite sure why CSM is affecting your card, and why on 1 VBIOS and not the other, especially since the VBIOS should only differ in clock/performance...

I edit the config.plist to fix audio issues and my hackintosh won’t boot anymore ‍:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

Can someone point me in the right direction please to edit that file so I can get back in? Recovery won’t work. I created a USB recovery key and it boot with a X
Worst case scenario is to get my files back from the partition and reinstall from scratch. Please help.

I edit the config.plist to fix audio issues and my hackintosh won’t boot anymore ‍:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

Can someone point me in the right direction please to edit that file so I can get back in? Recovery won’t work. I created a USB recovery key and it boot with a X
Worst case scenario is to get my files back from the partition and reinstall from scratch. Please help.

Can you upload your config to see where the issues may be?
Also, can you select verbose mode (press space bar on boot option then select -v or verbose mode) then boot with it, where does it hang?

You can also boot from your Bootable Backup disk. If you didn’t create a bootable backup, try booting from the USB install disk. Be sure to press F12 at BIOS Splash Screen then select USB disk from the BIOS boot menu.

I did boot from a USB key I just created with UniBeast, I added -x -v to the boot config .... but thats as far as I get.
My original USB key was lost.

Attachments

• IMG_7639.JPG
    IMG_7639.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 90
Hello @Marconidas,

One or two other people have recently reported a similar problem with their WiFi cards. Let's try some simple things first and see what happens:
  • Reset CMOS by following the procedure in the Designare Z390 manual. You may use a flat head screwdriver to short the two designated pins on motherboard (again, please consult the manual).
    • This retrains the entire PCIe memory map and rebuilds all internal hardware/memory maps.
  • This will reset BIOS parameters to factory defaults, so configure all BIOS parameters again starting with Load Optimized Defaults.
  • Now check if WiFi is working...
Hei thanks for the respond. I tried the CMOS Reset, but unfortunately that didn't fix it.

I did boot from a USB key I just created with UniBeast, I added -x -v to the boot config .... but thats as far as I get.
My original USB key was lost.
That will not work. UniBeast will not install the correct EFI drivers for this motherboard.

Please create a new one by following "Step 1: Create USB Install Disk" from the Catalina Mini-Guide, but skip the 3rd bullet under Step 1.

Hei thanks for the respond. I tried the CMOS Reset, but unfortunately that didn't fix it.
Do you have a bootable backup that was made when WiFi was working?

Back