Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Do you have a bootable backup that was made when WiFi was working?
No nothing Bootable I just saved my EFI Folder on a stick so I could boot from it and I saved the Library/Extentions folder. But booting from that stick didn't fix the Wifi neither.

Removed

Last edited:
That will not work. UniBeast will not install the correct EFI drivers for this motherboard.

Please create a new one by following "Step 1: Create USB Install Disk" from the Catalina Mini-Guide, but skip the 3rd bullet under Step 1.
What is wrong with the UniBeast EFI drivers for this motherboard?

Unfortunately, still hanging at the Apple logo.

try this:
add both OcQuirks-4.efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi back to the folder. rename OcQuirks-4.efi to just OcQuirks.efi

Wow I feel like an idiot by overviewing this ... such a noob I am lol

SO I did this and now the screen remain black, I let it for maybe 10 minutes but nothing. I have an RX5700XT.

I also attached the clover zip from the usb.

That will not work. UniBeast will not install the correct EFI drivers for this motherboard.

Please create a new one by following "Step 1: Create USB Install Disk" from the Catalina Mini-Guide, but skip the 3rd bullet under Step 1.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 72
What is wrong with the UniBeast EFI drivers for this motherboard?
This motherboard is very picky about the memory driver. The only ones known to work are:
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
  • OcQuirks.efi / FwRuntimeServices.efi --> when "quirks" are configured in a certain way
Some people have been successful with AptioMemoryFix, but it's been a hit-or-miss for most.

Wow I feel like an idiot by overviewing this ... such a noob I am lol

SO I did this and now the screen remain black, I let it for maybe 10 minutes but nothing. I have an RX5700XT.

I also attached the clover zip from the usb.
You used the wrong config.plist -- you should not use the one for IGPU, but the other one that is for AMD GPU.

The Catalina Mini-Guide is this one:

You used the wrong config.plist -- you should not use the one for IGPU, but the other one that is for AMD GPU.

Wow honest mistake.... I did it and now I'm in the recovery / install window.

What should I do, try to fix the config.plst ? How do I access that file on the hidden EFI partition.

Back